Honey Williams EM 1972---Backbox help!

By Fox2026

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hello,
I am very new at this and very new at working on pinball machines. So I apologize in advance on any of my "lingo" issues or newbie issues. I recently purchases a "Honey" by Williams. It starts up powers on and mechanically works fine on the playing field. It scores correctly while using one player; flappers and all ejections work, and it also has all the lights on the playfield working.

I only have two problems that I have ran into. The first is that everytime I replace a bulb on the backbox (besides the tilt bulb) they blow. I looked at the voltage I was getting at the bulbs, and it read 28v!! (6.3v bulbs #47) The fuse is blown for this circuit and there is almost a backfeed of 24v heading through the 6v feed for the backbox. I checked the output side of the 6v fuse that was blown, and recorded 29v at that point, meaning that it is picking up 24v somewhere before that, blowing all my bulbs. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this or had issues like this before. If so it would be great to get this fixed, if anyone has a solution.

The second problem is the machine has been set to free play some how, and there is no coin mechanism left in the machine. I am completely fine with that, however I have no idea how to get it to play more than one player. I think it may be due to the gummed up player unit in the backbox, but I am not 100% sure. I would be if I even knew how to choose more than one player. (it is a 4 player game)

The two problems may be interlinked somehow, so that is why I posted them as one. I appreciate any help I can get! I'd really like to get my machine to fully work!

Thanks

#2 8 years ago

Hi Fox2026
welcome to pinside. Your "Topic / question" is in the wrong (Sub) Forum. Questions on "not running EM-pins" are here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/forum/tech-em .
Want to mark Your topic as "solved" and write a "final" post: "Ouups, wrong forum - will ask in EM-Tech-Forum".

THEN open a new topic "same title / same description" in EM-Tech -> (me and) MANY EM-Lovers can read about Your problems -> You will get help.
I think: Your problems are interesting - not only for me (accidentally stumbling over it) - interesting for the community. Hope, I meet You in EM-Tech.
Greetings Rolf

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/honey-williams-em-1972-backbox-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.