(Topic ID: 110943)

Honey the pinball machine is not working......

By chad

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by chad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

splice.jpg
    P5220545.JPG
    P5170518.JPG
    DSC00276.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mg81.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 9 years ago

I ended up having to do this job.

I have had bad luck with butt connectors, probably because I have cheap crimper and you need to really match the connector to the wire size.

I would recommend this method show in the photo.
    Just do this order:
    1-Strip all of the wires with ~3/4" exposed.
    2-Put a piece of heat shrink tub onto every wire on one side of the job, for this job put a shrink tube on every wire in the cabinet.
    3-Bend them into a "J" like in the photo.
    4-Match all of the wires with their "mate", twist up and solder like in the photo.
    5-Once they are all soldered go back and heat shrink the tubing on.

By doing one operation to all of the wires before you move onto the next operation you can really move quickly. The biggest chunk of time is spent matching the wires up. When I did the job I matched up and did all of the obvious ones that did not have any look alike wires. Then you are hopefully only left with a few that need to be traced out with a DMM.

I think this leaves you with a fairly clean looking splice, cleaner than what a butt splice looks like.

splice.jpgsplice.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mg81.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/honey-the-pinball-machine-is-not-working?tu=mg81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.