Dear Lloyd

Our resident pinball guru Lloyd Olsen answers Pinside readers questions!

Edit this
Honey Do Lists !

Letter received on Thursday November 15th 2018.

Thursday November 15th 2018

Dear Lloyd,

Do I have issues?

My wife has all of these “to do” items on lists all over the house and it drives me crazy.

I can’t walk anywhere in the house without encountering a list.

Does she not realize that my pinball collection demands me to take care of them?

Yeah, so we have kids.

There is food on the table and she has money to go shopping.

So, I say, “you deal with the damn lists”

She says, “Seriously?”

I tell her, with all sincerity, that she’s not capable of putting the love and attention into my machines like I do.

I know you are not a couples counselor but who is right here?

Sincerely,

Lost in Minnesota

Dear Lost In Minnesota

The problem here is your wife doesn't understand marriage. Each partner must put in 100%.

So it's only fair that you make up lists for her too. You have a wife, kids, house, to care for. Cut your pinball upkeep time in half, and spend that time doing things on her "lists", at least until you train the rug rats to pick up the slack. In turn instead of laying around the house watching TV all day and ordering pizza for dinner, your wife can do half of the pinball maintenance.

That way, after the divorce, you know she'll have learned to maintain your pinball machines and keep them in nice shape. Do try and get visiting privileges so you can still play them once in awhile.

I'm glad you came to me for help,

LTG : )

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/honey-do-lists- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.