(Topic ID: 113055)

Honestly? Metallica Premium out of stock and not to be built anymore..

By frg

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by davewtf
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

But if the vault edition has the new Stern CPU, we won't be able to replace the songs like we can now...and that's a must for owning this game!

If the Vault edition has the new SPIKE system it will feel and play like a different game. I've put about 7 plays on the new WWE game and can tell you that it doesn't feel or play like a traditional Stern game. The flippers feel completely different. They aren't as strong or snappy as traditional Stern flippers but feel more solid and consistent. At this point I'm not sure if I like them better or worse. The gameplay itself feels more like a 90's WPC game because of the flipper feel but it just felt strange playing a Stern game that didn't have that Stern "feel" to it. I think a lot of people are going to be in for a surprise once they play it. If they build old games using SPIKE it will be interesting to compare and see which feels better and is more fun to play.

As far as Metallica Premium goes it just makes too much sense not to make a Ride the Lightning Premium at some point in the near future. Dirty Donnie still seems to be doing side work with Stern and on good terms so it only makes sense to hire him to do some new side art/translite and sell a bunch more games. For me the current Premium isn't intriguing enough and the LE is too much to justify over getting a HUO Premium but I think a RTL Premium would be the perfect sweet spot for a lot of us collectors. Come on and do it Stern!

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Are there strength adjustments in the menu? Wonder if they're not all the way up by default or were turned down on your sample game. It'd be mind boggling if a company that makes only pinball machines got the most important feature wrong. lol

There are adjustments for coil pulse strength but nothing specific to flippers in the WWE menu. The strength is adequate to play as you can still make all the shots but my preference would be to have them be snappier like Stern games traditionally are.

I also noticed that the flippers are setup to be droopier than flippers typically are. I'm guessing this is so the power band of the flipper is setup to make the outside shots stronger? The owner tried adjusting the flipper angle was supposed to be.-a straight line. And the ramp shots became more difficult to make.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/honestly-metallica-premium-out-of-stock-and-not-to-be-built-anymore?tu=mikes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.