Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by EMsInKC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

So many negative c-list seller stories these days I wanted to post a positive one. Friday night an ad popped up for a Bally Flip Flop and a Recel Fiery Thirties $300 for the pair I immediately emailed the seller and told him I would take them called him in the am and explained I had to go out of town for the day and it would be late in the afternoo, the trip ran long and I didnt make to his place till 8:00 pm he held the games despite several vultures that declared they could get there faster or load up quickly due to having a lift gate ect...so there are still good deals and honest sellers out there.

#2 9 years ago

Now THAT......is a long sentence
Glad ya got your deal!

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from TomT:

So many negative c-list seller stories these days I wanted to post a positive one. Friday night an ad popped up for a Bally Flip Flop and a Recel Fiery Thirties $300 for the pair I immediately emailed the seller and told him I would take them called him in the am and explained I had to go out of town for the day and it would be late in the afternoo, the trip ran long and I didnt make to his place till 8:00 pm he held the games despite several vultures that declared they could get there faster or load up quickly due to having a lift gate ect...so there are still good deals and honest sellers out there.

Good for you. It all starts with parents who pass on their good values/morals to their children.....

3 months later
#4 9 years ago

Yep, along the way, the hobby got very competitive as EM deals begin to dry up. Your scenario has happened to me more than once, but my favorite is going to see a sight-unseen Kings & Queens on an agreed price, and during my travel, the seller still getting emails stating, "Don't sell to him, he's trying to rip you off!" Could've gone the other way upon arriving, but the seller told me, "A deal is a deal," and was happy to be rid of the machine. So...... To the vultures I say, "Ya snooze, ya lose!"

#5 9 years ago

I liked the part about being able to load up quicker due to a lift gate. That's hilarious.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Maine Home Recreation
Other
$ 15.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/honest-c-list-seller?hl=mpellicano and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.