Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 92 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Strummy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Honda Ridgeline or Toyota Tacoma?”

• Honda Ridgeline 20 votes
      19%
    • Toyota Tacoma 85 votes
      81%

(105 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CANADA_170119758_AR_-1_KEKDVKVBZSWP (resized).jpg
    CA26F59B-1BA3-46D1-9A1A-54761AEDA866 (resized).jpeg
    20160913085811_IMG_3640 (resized).JPG
    20180120_132200 (resized).jpg
    20180120_173523 (resized).jpg
    353384A4-24B2-4B6C-BA19-A44C76CBE6CA (resized).jpeg
    961D1C70-54B3-45BD-80A9-69A8327C27C8 (resized).jpeg
    73E508B1-DBB4-4A0B-B9D3-87A12F692348 (resized).jpeg
    2A2951CB-DDD5-4AC5-A8D1-0C1F34DA8C22 (resized).jpeg
    9AEC0FBF-15E6-45EC-B35A-C2F2EBFEDDB8 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodyg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#55 4 years ago

I bought a 2016 TRD off road in January of '16. Just rolled 50k over the weekend. I usually do not buy vehicles the first year they change to a new body, but I trusted Toyota. It hasn't left me down yet for what I do. I tow a 4,600 lb camper with it at times, and I have hauled lots of pins in it. The composite bed has notches in it for laying 2x6's across the wheel wells. I ran 2 more 2x6's lengthwise and fit 3 pins in laying down, with about 1 inch to spare all around when adding in the tonneau cover rails. The crawl control and 4wd capability on the off road model are a lot of fun. The only thing I would change is I should have went double cab, 6' bed instead of the access cab 6' bed model. I like having more interior room to haul things out of the elements.

20180120_132200 (resized).jpg20180120_132200 (resized).jpg
    20180120_173523 (resized).jpg20180120_173523 (resized).jpg
    20160913085811_IMG_3640 (resized).JPG20160913085811_IMG_3640 (resized).JPG
    Atop Mt. Washington

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from hool10:

Oh yeah great example is the Toyota fanboys without reading any of my replies, lol. I checked out a Colorado but not a Ranger. The Colorado was mostly "meh" with a steel bed. The Ranger from what I am reading under delivers everywhere with "motion sickness" from the driver. More on your reply below.

Yeah thanks! Yeah right now you really cannot lose with any brand truck wise except for like a Nissan it appears. More and more cars are going into 300k especially when the price of everything, including phones, keep rising. They are just built better too.
    I'm going to try out a Ranger this Saturday however the guys at work were like "if you are spending $36k just buy a Ford F-150". I thought they were initially crazy. A full size truck, consumes tons of gas, and will never be used the way it should be but hey it looks cool! I looked at a dealership they were talking about however and it's true. You can buy F-150's used with like 34k on them for around $36k and get 24MPG. The secret is Ecoboost engine technology and having a truck made out of aluminum. So now that has thrown another wrench into this whole thing. My theory however is that it's just too much truck making it like a boat. I drive around Boston a lot and New England in general. I tried talking to a sales manager on Monday but this guy was FIRM. So I'm going to try again on Saturday hopefully with a different guy and I believe I can get it. *I'm looking at a '17 Ridgeline Black Edition. It's so new it still had the new car smell.

A guy I work with got a new leftover V8 F150, 4wd, 8ft bed, etc. for 30k. I just can't see the Ranger being worth it.

#77 4 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

What is all this??? Are you a GD american?? Why buy Jap junk when you can own a Dodge,Grand caravan??? works just fine! Don't care for Dodge?? There are other AMERICAN vehicles that work too!! No hate,just IMHO!!!! We now import more than we export,listen to the President!! Maybe you don't like him ,but he has a hell of a lot more money than U Do!!!!

My Tacoma, built in San Antonio Texas, has more American made parts in it than a Ford F-150. I did more to help Americans than the average domestic buyer.

#81 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mvfvette1:

How many Americans does GM, Ford and Chrysler employ vs Toyota, Honda and Nissan? When you look at the whole picture (not just purchasing one particular vehicle made in the US by a foreign manufacturer), your statement is false.

Do you have some data to back that one up?

As for "Most American Made Vehicle", Honda dominated that list in 2018. https://www.chicagotribune.com/classified/automotive/sc-auto-cover-0628-most-american-made-cars-20180621-story.html

#83 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mvfvette1:

Here are the numbers are from 2012 and the gap is even wider now:
    Detroit Three vs. Japanese Three: 181,000 to 67,000
    Car dealerships and suppliers often sell cars or furnish parts for multiple automakers. Take them out of the equation, and Detroit automakers have the clear lead in direct employment — at assembly, drivetrain, stamping, casting and tooling plants, research and design facilities, U.S. headquarters, testing grounds and the like. GM spokesman Fred Ligouri says GM employs 77,000 Americans. Chrysler's U.S. employment totals 39,200. Ford declined to provide numbers, but the American Automotive Policy Council, a group that represents the Detroit Three, says the Dearborn, Mich., automaker employs about 65,000.
    Combined, that's more than 2.5 times the number of employees that Toyota, Nissan and Honda – the three largest Japanese automakers in the U.S. — employ. Toyota spokeswoman Carly Schaffner says Toyota employs more than 30,000 Americans, up from 29,089 in 2011. Honda has "just north of 26,000" at its U.S. operations, says spokesman Ed Miller. Nissan's U.S. operations employ 10,380 across six states. Hyundai-Kia employs 7,800, according to two spokesmen for the Korean automaker.
    On top of just overall employment, look at where the engineering, design and safety testing is done. Look at the wages American car companies pay their US assembly line workers vs what foreign automakers pay their US assembly line workers. A lot of people may not care and that's their business, but fortunately a lot of people do. The argument that "my foreign car is built in America" gets old fast when there is a lot bigger picture.

Then why can't American companies build as good of a vehicle? It obviously isn't a wage issue...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodyg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/honda-ridgeline-or-toyota-tacoma?tu=jodyg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.