Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 92 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Strummy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Honda Ridgeline or Toyota Tacoma?”

• Honda Ridgeline 20 votes
      19%
    • Toyota Tacoma 85 votes
      81%

(105 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CANADA_170119758_AR_-1_KEKDVKVBZSWP (resized).jpg
    CA26F59B-1BA3-46D1-9A1A-54761AEDA866 (resized).jpeg
    20160913085811_IMG_3640 (resized).JPG
    20180120_132200 (resized).jpg
    20180120_173523 (resized).jpg
    353384A4-24B2-4B6C-BA19-A44C76CBE6CA (resized).jpeg
    961D1C70-54B3-45BD-80A9-69A8327C27C8 (resized).jpeg
    73E508B1-DBB4-4A0B-B9D3-87A12F692348 (resized).jpeg
    2A2951CB-DDD5-4AC5-A8D1-0C1F34DA8C22 (resized).jpeg
    9AEC0FBF-15E6-45EC-B35A-C2F2EBFEDDB8 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fizz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 4 years ago

Why do you say the Ridgeline can't haul as much? I have a 2017 Ridgeline. At the time, it had a higher payload rating than the Tacoma. Maybe this has changed?

Just make sure you look at the payload rating for the exact model you are interested in. At the time I was buying, the Tacoma had a higher payload rating it's base model, but it was much lower once you added the crew cab and 4wd, etc.

#12 4 years ago

No wheel wells in the Ridgeline bed. The bed is also wider than the taco. You can lay full sheets of plywood, etc flat in the bed.

Taco bed is deeper. So, if you have a cover on it, you can fit taller things under the cover than you can in the Ridgeline.

So, it's all in what you want.

Ridgeline also has the awesome trunk in the bed. Very useful. But, not as useful if you are going to have stuff loaded on top of it so you can't open it.

You just need to get whichever one suits your needs better.

I would argue that the Ridgeline can haul more. I know that you (op) think that the taco can haul more. Maybe you mean the tow rating? Ridgeline has a lower tow rating. But it tows very capably.

Taco has better ground clearance. Which is good if you ever go off road. But it's also good if you are ever in really deep snow.

They feel very different when you drive them. Many people will have a definite preference one way or the other in that regard.

ETA: all of my comments are based on 2017 model. There may have been changes made since then

#27 4 years ago

Or you could just be secure in your manhood and buy whichever one best suits your needs.

For example, in my case, I wanted to be able to carry a snowmobile in the bed, should the need arise. The Tacoma payload rating was simply too low, and the bed was too small with the wheel wells in the way. Ridgeline was perfect.

Others have different requirements, that's why there's different trucks out there.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fizz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/honda-ridgeline-or-toyota-tacoma?tu=Fizz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.