57 days ago

Topic Stats

• 92 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 48 days ago by Strummy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Honda Ridgeline or Toyota Tacoma?”

• Honda Ridgeline 19 votes
      18%
    • Toyota Tacoma 85 votes
      82%

(104 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CANADA_170119758_AR_-1_KEKDVKVBZSWP (resized).jpg
    CA26F59B-1BA3-46D1-9A1A-54761AEDA866 (resized).jpeg
    20160913085811_IMG_3640 (resized).JPG
    20180120_132200 (resized).jpg
    20180120_173523 (resized).jpg
    353384A4-24B2-4B6C-BA19-A44C76CBE6CA (resized).jpeg
    961D1C70-54B3-45BD-80A9-69A8327C27C8 (resized).jpeg
    73E508B1-DBB4-4A0B-B9D3-87A12F692348 (resized).jpeg
    2A2951CB-DDD5-4AC5-A8D1-0C1F34DA8C22 (resized).jpeg
    9AEC0FBF-15E6-45EC-B35A-C2F2EBFEDDB8 (resized).jpeg

There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 55 days ago

Wow, I almost had to re-read the thread title twice to see if this question was true. The reason is it would almost be like do I buy a F-150 or Silverado. The two types of people don't usually cross paths due to ultra brand loyalty. Same is true for this question, but even more so.

A Ridgeline takes a certain particular type that likes the extra features it gives you like cooler, double opening tailgate, and bed speakers, and don't mind or take pride in riding in a "truck" that is based off a Honda Odyssey. It will last you forever.

The Taco is a truck in the sense it is body on frame and has differentials for locking and off roading. There is a group out there (I spend my other time reading forum on Land Cruisers) that will only buy this or other Toyota products. The Taco can only be beat by the Wranger in off-road, which many call Heep (as in Heep of shit). The Taco uses low tech and is super dependable. It will last you forever.

So, which do you want? Both can haul stuff, one is an off-road monster, both will be super reliable, and only one of the two most will consider a truck.

#52 55 days ago

I have a 2019 Ridgeline RTL-E. I have owned the previous model Ridgeline and Tacoma(s). The 2019 Ridgeline is the best riding, quietest, most comfortable, best behaved truck I have ever owned. It is really an amazing vehicle. Rides like a luxury car. Never had an issue with hauling things, bed extender gives you the whole tailgate length to utilize as well. The bed is actually bigger than the bed on the double cab Tacoma. Personally would not consider giving up this truck for the Toyota even after owning Tacoma’s previously and all of the other cars I’ve owned having been Lexus/Toyota the last decade.

#53 55 days ago

This is really a neat thread. Thanks to OP for starting it because I really never researched the Honda due to looks. I have a Taco and love it, seams like everyone who has one of these two has good things to say. I think the answer is you can't lose!

#55 55 days ago

I bought a 2016 TRD off road in January of '16. Just rolled 50k over the weekend. I usually do not buy vehicles the first year they change to a new body, but I trusted Toyota. It hasn't left me down yet for what I do. I tow a 4,600 lb camper with it at times, and I have hauled lots of pins in it. The composite bed has notches in it for laying 2x6's across the wheel wells. I ran 2 more 2x6's lengthwise and fit 3 pins in laying down, with about 1 inch to spare all around when adding in the tonneau cover rails. The crawl control and 4wd capability on the off road model are a lot of fun. The only thing I would change is I should have went double cab, 6' bed instead of the access cab 6' bed model. I like having more interior room to haul things out of the elements.

20180120_132200 (resized).jpg
    20180120_173523 (resized).jpg
    20160913085811_IMG_3640 (resized).JPG
    Atop Mt. Washington

#56 55 days ago

I test drove a Honda last summer. I was not crazy about the way it looked. I was absolutely, shocked at how well it drove, the interior, the bed, hidden trunk/ice chest. It’s definitely goofy looking. After the test drive, I wanted one.

#57 55 days ago

Chevy Avalanche beats em both IMO.

#58 53 days ago
    Quoted from jsandjs:

I rarely post on anything involving cars or trucks, too many fanboys who post too much BS about why one is better than the other. Any hoo got to ask if you have over 300k on a Chevy did you bother to check out the Colorado? Or even the new Ranger?
    Real quick on the Rigeline. My uncle had an F150 he loved but as he got older it was tough to get in and out so he went to a SUV for his last 2 vehicles. He missed the pickup quite a bit. Even with running boards they we real hard to get up into for him, even the midsize trucks. The 2018 Ridgeline he got fit the bill for him, has a bed, easy to get in. He doesn't love the looks of it though. He did say if he could he would go back to a full size in a heartbeat.
    My 2 cents is drive them all pick the one you like.

Oh yeah great example is the Toyota fanboys without reading any of my replies, lol. I checked out a Colorado but not a Ranger. The Colorado was mostly "meh" with a steel bed. The Ranger from what I am reading under delivers everywhere with "motion sickness" from the driver. More on your reply below.

Quoted from RyanStl:

Wow, I almost had to re-read the thread title twice to see if this question was true. The reason is it would almost be like do I buy a F-150 or Silverado. The two types of people don't usually cross paths due to ultra brand loyalty. Same is true for this question, but even more so.
    A Ridgeline takes a certain particular type that likes the extra features it gives you like cooler, double opening tailgate, and bed speakers, and don't mind or take pride in riding in a "truck" that is based off a Honda Odyssey. It will last you forever.
    The Taco is a truck in the sense it is body on frame and has differentials for locking and off roading. There is a group out there (I spend my other time reading forum on Land Cruisers) that will only buy this or other Toyota products. The Taco can only be beat by the Wranger in off-road, which many call Heep (as in Heep of shit). The Taco uses low tech and is super dependable. It will last you forever.
    So, which do you want? Both can haul stuff, one is an off-road monster, both will be super reliable, and only one of the two most will consider a truck.

Quoted from Hypercoaster:

This is really a neat thread. Thanks to OP for starting it because I really never researched the Honda due to looks. I have a Taco and love it, seams like everyone who has one of these two has good things to say. I think the answer is you can't lose!

Yeah thanks! Yeah right now you really cannot lose with any brand truck wise except for like a Nissan it appears. More and more cars are going into 300k especially when the price of everything, including phones, keep rising. They are just built better too.

I'm going to try out a Ranger this Saturday however the guys at work were like "if you are spending $36k just buy a Ford F-150". I thought they were initially crazy. A full size truck, consumes tons of gas, and will never be used the way it should be but hey it looks cool! I looked at a dealership they were talking about however and it's true. You can buy F-150's used with like 34k on them for around $36k and get 24MPG. The secret is Ecoboost engine technology and having a truck made out of aluminum. So now that has thrown another wrench into this whole thing. My theory however is that it's just too much truck making it like a boat. I drive around Boston a lot and New England in general. I tried talking to a sales manager on Monday but this guy was FIRM. So I'm going to try again on Saturday hopefully with a different guy and I believe I can get it. *I'm looking at a '17 Ridgeline Black Edition. It's so new it still had the new car smell.

#59 53 days ago
    Quoted from hool10:

Oh yeah great example is the Toyota fanboys without reading any of my replies, lol. I checked out a Colorado but not a Ranger. The Colorado was mostly "meh" with a steel bed. The Ranger from what I am reading under delivers everywhere with "motion sickness" from the driver. More on your reply below.

Yeah thanks! Yeah right now you really cannot lose with any brand truck wise except for like a Nissan it appears. More and more cars are going into 300k especially when the price of everything, including phones, keep rising. They are just built better too.
    I'm going to try out a Ranger this Saturday however the guys at work were like "if you are spending $36k just buy a Ford F-150". I thought they were initially crazy. A full size truck, consumes tons of gas, and will never be used the way it should be but hey it looks cool! I looked at a dealership they were talking about however and it's true. You can buy F-150's used with like 34k on them for around $36k and get 24MPG. The secret is Ecoboost engine technology and having a truck made out of aluminum. So now that has thrown another wrench into this whole thing. My theory however is that it's just too much truck making it like a boat. I drive around Boston a lot and New England in general. I tried talking to a sales manager on Monday but this guy was FIRM. So I'm going to try again on Saturday hopefully with a different guy and I believe I can get it. *I'm looking at a '17 Ridgeline Black Edition. It's so new it still had the new car smell.

A guy I work with got a new leftover V8 F150, 4wd, 8ft bed, etc. for 30k. I just can't see the Ranger being worth it.

#60 52 days ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

A guy I work with got a new leftover V8 F150, 4wd, 8ft bed, etc. for 30k. I just can't see the Ranger being worth it.

Are the US Rangers the same as the SA ones? If so, you can steal it in 30seconds or less (cut driver wheel well, pull alarm horn plug, then snap Plastic surrounding door handle lock off and your in)

#61 52 days ago

Did find out that for changing the oil filter on the New Ranger, the fender liner has to be loosened or removed to access the oil filter.

#62 52 days ago

After further consideration, I am going to have to recommend the Toyota...Yaris. It makes for an excellent escape pod from most vehicles.

#63 50 days ago

I've owned 3 tacomas. Great trucks, few breakdowns, high resale. However, quality has noticeably dropped in the last 15 years, and gas mileage on my 6cyl is atrocious for such a small truck. Also few electronic refinements compared to other cars/trucks. Newest beds are plastic I think and the steel tie offs have been replaced by some plastic adjustable crap that I don't trust. The bed has large bolt heads screwed onto the surface that always rip up the bottom of a pin when sliding it in or out. Broke a shock when just out of warantee. That never happened on my older tacomas no natter how.much i loaded them. There's just lot's of little things that disappoint me as a repeat buyer.
    As much as I have loved the Tacoma for the past 15-20 years, my next truck probably will be something else.

#64 50 days ago

The only Toyota to purchase...if one wants the Toyota quality they made themselves famous on....is a 4Runner. They are only manufactured in Japan. That where the real quality controls are in place, built by workers who really take pride in what they do. The Tacomas built in Mexico are poorly built. The ones in Texas are only slightly better.

#65 50 days ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

The only Toyota to purchase...if one wants the Toyota quality they made themselves famous on....is a 4Runner. They are only manufactured in Japan. That where the real quality controls are in place, built by workers who really take pride in what they do. The Tacomas built in Mexico are poorly built. The ones in Texas are only slightly better.

My Tacoma was built in Texas and I have no problem with the quality. A job well done!

CA26F59B-1BA3-46D1-9A1A-54761AEDA866 (resized).jpeg
    #66 50 days ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

My Tacoma was built in Texas and I have no problem with the quality. A job well done!
    [quoted image]

That’s good to hear. Maybe they improved on the current generation. I test drove the last generation and it didn’t feel as solid as my 99 first gen

#67 49 days ago
    Quoted from hool10:I'm going to try out a Ranger this Saturday however the guys at work were like "if you are spending $36k just buy a Ford F-150". I thought they were initially crazy.

Beware, the current Ranger is about to be replaced by a new model. It might be worth waiting for.

#68 49 days ago

I’ll chime in here from my Personel experience. I work for a material handling dealership
    Which one of our lines is Toyota. I can say that Toyota’s quality And attention to detail is
    One of the best you will ever find. I’ve been to their plant in Columbus Indianna and
    Witnessed their standards of quality control . I would find it hard to believe that these
    Processes are not followed in other plants.

#69 49 days ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

[quoted image]

the frame rot issues does still have me concerned about the Tacoma's.

#70 49 days ago

I have a 2107 Tacoma. I was at a Honda dealership yesterday and got a look at a ridgeline. The interior was for more upscale than the taco. I loved the under bed storage. As a big kayak fisherman, this feature would be awesome for storing gear. If it could be had with a 6ft bed, I'd give it serious consideration.
    I also got a look at the New gladiator. Had a sticker of 63k. Sorry, but no.

#71 49 days ago

What is all this??? Are you a GD american?? Why buy Jap junk when you can own a Dodge,Grand caravan??? works just fine! Don't care for Dodge?? There are other AMERICAN vehicles that work too!! No hate,just IMHO!!!! We now import more than we export,listen to the President!! Maybe you don't like him ,but he has a hell of a lot more money than U Do!!!!

#72 49 days ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

What is all this??? Are you a GD american?? Why buy Jap junk when you can own a Dodge,Grand caravan??? works just fine! Don't care for Dodge?? There are other AMERICAN vehicles that work too!! No hate,just IMHO!!!! We now import more than we export,listen to the President!! Maybe you don't like him ,but he has a hell of a lot more money than U Do!!!!

My Honda Ridgeline was built in Alabama!

#73 49 days ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Haha....

Anyway, my former Acura TL was built by Americans in Ohio, not Mexico like many "American" vehicles. My former GMC 2500 Sierra was built in Canada, as was my current Acura MDX.

FYI...Dodge Caravans are built in CANADA...Hope your not driving a Ford built in Mexico, with a Mexican transmission and Brazilian engine, your head may explode

#74 49 days ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

I have a 2107 Tacoma. I was at a Honda dealership yesterday and got a look at a ridgeline. The interior was for more upscale than the taco. I loved the under bed storage. As a big kayak fisherman, this feature would be awesome for storing gear. If it could be had with a 6ft bed, I'd give it serious consideration.
    I also got a look at the New gladiator. Had a sticker of 63k. Sorry, but no.

Just get the tailgate extender. Also the bed is about the same size as any mid-size truck on the market EXCEPT width wise. Since it has that unibody frame you remove those annoying wheel wells but get a shallower bed. This makes it IMO the largest bed in the market approaching full size at least width wise.

Quoted from hawkmoon:

Yeah so um 'Murica cars are pretty junk. For example Chevrolet ranks 23 out of 29 on this years Consumer Reports but they usually are around mid to below mid on the chart. Toyota a "jap junk" car is ranked 2. Toyota is just below Lexus while Audi is 7th. If you still want to brag about America cars then what did Jeff Gordon drive in Nascar? There are actually 2 brands believe it or not ranked lower than Tesla and that's hard to accomplish: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2018/02/13/cars-chevrolet-ford-catch-toyota-nascar-cup-series/323587002/

I just purchased that Ridgeline I was looking at the Black Edition. It's a '17 model (the year they came back after the test phase years) with 17,070 miles on it. The original owner leased out a car, drove it around town, kept it in a garage I suspect, and traded it in for this years model. It's so new it has the new car smell. This time however I negotiated with the owner and he went down $700 so it was $35,500 and you tack on MA sales tax 6.25%, fees it was like $38k. The original sales manager wouldn't even look at me he was so PO'd that he didn't get a sale off me. If you look at new or even fairly used Tacomas they are around $35k so an extra $3k is worth it over the next decade with all the perks this edition has. The dealer was like "I'm only making like $1k off this deal". Pretty honest dealership with great ratings and I had fun talking to the owner. Apparently deals with Mecum and Barrett-Jackson for some of his toys.

Again all the brands are pretty good EXCEPT for Nissan. Don't get a Nissan, lol. Get what you like but take a look at what you usually do with a truck and ask yourself what you really need rather than "I have a big truck and it makes me look badass". The Ridgeline even has the same engine pretty much as all the other mid-size trucks. It's the frame holding it back but you would lose the trunk and passenger/cargo in the cab would suck. It's really a van/truck/crossover vehicle.

#75 49 days ago

Oh and 1 more thing that really sweetened the deal over the Taco. This car is so new it still has the original manufacturer warranty on it until like 100k for certain items, I forget. Since it's a Certified Pre-Owned Honda however it has its own warranty that is tacked onto the original. That makes this cars warranty a deal itself.

#76 49 days ago

Congratulations! Drive it in good health and enjoy! You really couldn’t go wrong with either one.

Quoted from hool10:

Oh and 1 more thing that really sweetened the deal over the Taco. This car is so new it still has the original manufacturer warranty on it until like 100k for certain items, I forget. Since it's a Certified Pre-Owned Honda however it has its own warranty that is tacked onto the original. That makes this cars warranty a deal itself.

#77 49 days ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

My Tacoma, built in San Antonio Texas, has more American made parts in it than a Ford F-150. I did more to help Americans than the average domestic buyer.

#78 49 days ago

I'm glad that you got what you were looking for.

#79 49 days ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

My Tacoma, built in San Antonio Texas, has more American made parts in it than a Ford F-150. I did more to help Americans than the average domestic buyer.

How many Americans does GM, Ford and Chrysler employ vs Toyota, Honda and Nissan? When you look at the whole picture (not just purchasing one particular vehicle made in the US by a foreign manufacturer), your statement is false.

#80 49 days ago

The Ram 3500 has a diesel motor Cummins manufactured in America mated to a Aisin transmission ( majority owner Toyota )
    The Nissan XD has a diesel motor Cummins manufactured in America mated to a Aisin transmission ( majority owner Toyota )

So which one is an American made vehicle?

#81 49 days ago
    Quoted from Mvfvette1:

How many Americans does GM, Ford and Chrysler employ vs Toyota, Honda and Nissan? When you look at the whole picture (not just purchasing one particular vehicle made in the US by a foreign manufacturer), your statement is false.

Do you have some data to back that one up?

As for "Most American Made Vehicle", Honda dominated that list in 2018. https://www.chicagotribune.com/classified/automotive/sc-auto-cover-0628-most-american-made-cars-20180621-story.html

#82 49 days ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Do you have some data to back that one up?
    As for "Most American Made Vehicle", Honda dominated that list in 2018. https://www.chicagotribune.com/classified/automotive/sc-auto-cover-0628-most-american-made-cars-20180621-story.html

Here are the numbers are from 2012 and the gap is even wider now:

Detroit Three vs. Japanese Three: 181,000 to 67,000
    Car dealerships and suppliers often sell cars or furnish parts for multiple automakers. Take them out of the equation, and Detroit automakers have the clear lead in direct employment — at assembly, drivetrain, stamping, casting and tooling plants, research and design facilities, U.S. headquarters, testing grounds and the like. GM spokesman Fred Ligouri says GM employs 77,000 Americans. Chrysler's U.S. employment totals 39,200. Ford declined to provide numbers, but the American Automotive Policy Council, a group that represents the Detroit Three, says the Dearborn, Mich., automaker employs about 65,000.

Combined, that's more than 2.5 times the number of employees that Toyota, Nissan and Honda – the three largest Japanese automakers in the U.S. — employ. Toyota spokeswoman Carly Schaffner says Toyota employs more than 30,000 Americans, up from 29,089 in 2011. Honda has "just north of 26,000" at its U.S. operations, says spokesman Ed Miller. Nissan's U.S. operations employ 10,380 across six states. Hyundai-Kia employs 7,800, according to two spokesmen for the Korean automaker.

On top of just overall employment, look at where the engineering, design and safety testing is done. Look at the wages American car companies pay their US assembly line workers vs what foreign automakers pay their US assembly line workers. A lot of people may not care and that's their business, but fortunately a lot of people do. The argument that "my foreign car is built in America" gets old fast when there is a lot bigger picture.

#83 49 days ago
    Quoted from Mvfvette1:

Here are the numbers are from 2012 and the gap is even wider now:
    Detroit Three vs. Japanese Three: 181,000 to 67,000
    Car dealerships and suppliers often sell cars or furnish parts for multiple automakers. Take them out of the equation, and Detroit automakers have the clear lead in direct employment — at assembly, drivetrain, stamping, casting and tooling plants, research and design facilities, U.S. headquarters, testing grounds and the like. GM spokesman Fred Ligouri says GM employs 77,000 Americans. Chrysler's U.S. employment totals 39,200. Ford declined to provide numbers, but the American Automotive Policy Council, a group that represents the Detroit Three, says the Dearborn, Mich., automaker employs about 65,000.
    Combined, that's more than 2.5 times the number of employees that Toyota, Nissan and Honda – the three largest Japanese automakers in the U.S. — employ. Toyota spokeswoman Carly Schaffner says Toyota employs more than 30,000 Americans, up from 29,089 in 2011. Honda has "just north of 26,000" at its U.S. operations, says spokesman Ed Miller. Nissan's U.S. operations employ 10,380 across six states. Hyundai-Kia employs 7,800, according to two spokesmen for the Korean automaker.
    On top of just overall employment, look at where the engineering, design and safety testing is done. Look at the wages American car companies pay their US assembly line workers vs what foreign automakers pay their US assembly line workers. A lot of people may not care and that's their business, but fortunately a lot of people do. The argument that "my foreign car is built in America" gets old fast when there is a lot bigger picture.

Then why can't American companies build as good of a vehicle? It obviously isn't a wage issue...

#84 49 days ago

I visited once the BMW factory in Spartanburg, SC. They employ many people there and pay them good wages. Unrelated but other companies also produce windmill parts and many other German companies are now starting to create jobs down there and not only that but train employees through local colleges. I know that BMW makes their engines in Germany however. My company is owned by the UK and they are currently reimbursing my college courses for a cert in robotic manufacturing. It will look great next to my Associate in Welding I got a loooong time ago.

I used to have a job that there was tons of these server blades we would have made in China. When things would get slow I'd leave the welding department and help them out. They would come overseas and sometimes the crates were shoved against the shipping container door. We would have to sort through them and check for defects. About 1/4-1/2 would have issues and we would put in a power supply, etc. Then do re-work on stuff that was damaged or not even put on at all. China can make quality stuff but you have to pay for it which this cheap ass company did not. We would re-wrap it and say it was ASSEMBLED in USA with parts coming from other foreign nations. We wouldn't do jack except the small stuff but we get to say it was made in the USA. Harley Davidson is practically owned by China now.

On a somewhat related topic to pinball I also visited JJP once. Jack did not disclose where they get all their parts (it must be the size of a CVS receipt) but all the manufacturers pretty much go to the same people. Pretty much all the electronics come from Korea or China and that is a no brainer. Stuff like your metal ramps or stuff that is metal is likely coming near the factory. They go to a local sheet metal shop and request X amount made. Look at your game next time and you will see no 2 welds are the same and it's because a local shop made it. They get it painted, etc all locally. The cabinet designs if you notice all are the same with large start buttons. We all know where Homepin gets their stuff lol.

#85 49 days ago

I believe many if not all Toyota trucks are made in America, while other "American" trucks are actually made in Mexico. Besides trucks, have you guys seen the chronic Ford Powershift transmission issues in the 2011-2016 Focus and Fiesta, not to mention other transmission issues the 2010-2017 Fusion? I know someone with a 2010 Fusion that needed a completely new transmission, and they had to pay for it due to the car being out of supposed "lifetime powertrain" warranty. I pointed them to the Ford transmission class action lawsuit that covers 100% of client costs, including legal fees, and makes Ford the bearer of all expenses.

#86 49 days ago
    Quoted from Mvfvette1:

The argument that "my foreign car is built in America" gets old fast when there is a lot bigger picture.

Exactly, Honda and Toyota profits go back to Japan. GM, Ford, and Dodge profits stay in the U.S.

#87 49 days ago
    Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Exactly, Honda and Toyota profits go back to Japan. GM, Ford, and Dodge profits stay in the U.S.

ummm, Dodge is owned by Fiat....

#88 49 days ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I believe many if not all Toyota trucks are made in America, while other "American" trucks are actually made in Mexico. Besides trucks, have you guys seen the chronic Ford Powershift transmission issues in the 2011-2016 Focus and Fiesta, not to mention other transmission issues the 2010-2017 Fusion? I know someone with a 2010 Fusion that needed a completely new transmission, and they had to pay for it due to the car being out of supposed "lifetime powertrain" warranty. I pointed them to the Ford transmission class action lawsuit that covers 100% of client costs, including legal fees, and makes Ford the bearer of all expenses.

GM, Ford and Toyota all build cars and trucks in the USA and Mexico. As can be seen by these 2016 figures, GM and Ford build almost twice as many vehicles in the US than any of their competitors. Their North American build percentages outside of the US (Mexico and Canada) are right in line with everyone else.
    CANADA_170119758_AR_-1_KEKDVKVBZSWP (resized).jpg

#89 49 days ago

Here is some info on BMW's new billion dollar plant that was recently built in Mexico. Beginning now, the vast majority of all 4 door, 3 series sold in the US will be made in Mexico. That is their best selling vehicle. Their US market Suv type vehicles will continue to be made in the Spartanburg plant. No cars are built at the Spartanburg plant.

https://www.bmwblog.com/2018/10/06/first-new-bmw-3-series-rolls-off-the-bmw-san-luis-potosi-plant/

#90 49 days ago

Hey Hool10,

Sounds like you got a chance to drive them all. Congrats on the new ride, I'm sure you will enjoy it. The one thing I learned over the years is there is only one person I have to please with whatever I buy be it pinball machines, cars, phones or whatever and that's me ( sometimes the wife lol). Sound like that is exactly what you did! And that's why I'm sure you will enjoy it.

#91 49 days ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Is this a serious or a satirical post? I really can't tell. If it's satire,well done. If it's serious...oh boy.

There's a reason why all the techs at your local Toyota dealership drive 4-Runners. It's because it's the best truck/SUV on the road. And yes, a large part of that is because it's made in Japan. If you're going to buy a Japanese car, buy one that's made in Japan. Don't buy one made in the South. That's just a pit stop on the way to 3rd-world wages and diminished quality in Mexico.

#92 48 days ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

If you're going to buy a Japanese car, buy one that's made in Japan.

Agreed. I went to my local gun store to buy a Glock and they had one that said made in USA on it. I told them if I'm going to buy an Austrian firearm then I want the one that's actually made in Austria. I found it somewhere else

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 94.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 35.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 25.99
    Playfield - Other
    Lee's Parts
    $ 249.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Apron Envy
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 25.00
    $ 159.00
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Plastics
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    $ 259.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 799.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 89.99
    $ 134.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside