Well to give you more context on this last weekend I did try a 4X4 SR5 Toyota Tacoma V6, automatic. I also tried a Honda Ridgeline RTL-E 4x4 V6 Automatic. This is what I noticed.
1) The truck felt like a more modern and more roomier of my current truck being the '02 Chevy S-10. I read a review saying the transmission shifted all over the place and I found that true. When I went on the highway it was slow but steady and fast but as soon as you let off on the peddle you could feel the truck downshift, then upshift, etc. It felt exactly what I expect a truck to feel like and was solid.
2) The engine is right there for you to see and service. The radiator, etc is all there easily accessible.
3) The bed was really nice and had a bed rail system.
4) Looks badass.
5) Higher trims get you cool stuff but you have to go high up to get that stuff.
1) Sitting in the truck felt like a crossover. It was SUPER comfortable. You can't tell you are in a truck in a Ridgeline behind the wheel.
2) This mofo goes. It goes fast instantly up to speed with no jerky transmission. In fact I didn't even feel it shift and then you can turn on ECO-Boost and the thing downshifts and feels more slower/truck like.
3) It's super quiet inside a Ridgeline. They got this special glass that makes the cabin incredibly quiet.
4) The seats in the back are roomy and fold up making this HUGE space in the back. With the Tacoma it's not the best but it's an access cab.
5) The bed is like "pitch up a tent and camp in it" width. When you remove the wheel wells it makes a marked difference. It looks shorter though.
6) Lower trim levels get you cool stuff like a moon roof, leather interior, remote car start, and only gets better the higher you go up.
7) There is a '17 Black Edition near me with 17k on it. I think I can get it down to $35k and that is like around the price of a new '19 SR5 Taco.
That is what I noticed though between the 2 trucks. I'm going up north and seeing what they did with the Ranger (I'm not even considering one) but unless I see any glaring issue I want a Ridgeline. I just wish it sat up higher, looked like a truck, and had more physical dials/tachometers on the truck.