(Topic ID: 69217)

Honda Insight: General Opinions, and of course, will it fit a pin?

By Dommer

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3584.JPG
    #1 10 years ago

I just moved to St. Louis and have a new job where I'll be driving a lot more than before. Planning to get a new car so my wife can have my current one (08' Honda Fit). Curious if anyone has any opinions on the newer Honda Insights. They are appealing because they get good mileage and are can be got at a decent price (seeing a lot of $12-13k for something under 50k miles). Anyone have one and have any input on how they drive? Reliability? Also, will it fit a pin, even with the backbox off?

#3 10 years ago

Great car. I had the original version back in 2000
    Reliable and good mileage but small. I now have a volt and love it. Crazy deals on volts right now.

2 months later
    #4 10 years ago

follow up: bought a 2010 and it will not fit a pin. i was surprised how little room there is vertically speaking when you fold the seats down. my wife's driving the old fit, so not too big of a deal. gas mileage is taking a big hit with this colder than normal winter and getting around 40 mpg average, which still isn't bad considering the price and that it's a good mix of city and highway miles.

#5 10 years ago

Who buys a Honda to haul pinball machines? lol

I work in St. Louis.

Here's my pin hauler:

IMG_3584.JPGIMG_3584.JPG

3/4 Ton Chevrolet Express Cargo Van

If you ever get in a bind and need one moved I might be able to help you out.
    Of course you'll have to pay for the gas though (and it's a V-8).

#6 10 years ago

I've hauled three pins in my fit and it works great for one at a time hauling, but not as idea as a van. If I had enough money to regularly be buying and hauling pins, I'd probably have the money to get a better pin hauler as well. I appreciate the offer and if I end up in a spot where i need something better

#7 10 years ago

I've been curious about a Prius myself. They are similar to the Insight.

#8 10 years ago

My wife and I considered this car as well.

When we drove it, it felt cheap. Analog gauges, super uncomfortable seats, loud ride, etc.

We then drove a prius. Holy crap what a difference. It FEELS like a luxury car inside. The tech package is way better, the interior feels nicer, and the car rides nice with way less noise. Sure, the price reflects that, but so does the gas mileage. I think I heard of people getting 45-50ish in an insight. We get 50-60 in our prius, expecially in the summer.

I recommend the prius. My wife loves it as her daily, and I love it as my long range car for work. 60 mpg from the city is awesome.

Good luck with your search!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/honda-insight-general-opinions-and-of-course-will-it-fit-a-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.