Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by s1500
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rfm_fit.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

i'm wondering if there are any other honda fit owners out there and if they have ever used it to transport pinball machines. i used mine to transport a gottlieb deadly weapon without any issues, but i also read that it's slightly smaller than most pins. i'd like to make sure one would fit in case i end up driving several hours to pick one up.
    does any know the dimensions of the average williams/bally with the legs off and back box down? what about weight? what about a wide body?

#2 11 years ago

We have a Fit, but have never tried to use it to haul a pin because we also have a Honda Element that rocks as a single pin hauler.

#3 11 years ago

Wide Body shouldnt matter as the head is wider than the body anyway. I think Im going to do this on Monday, so I'll report back.

#4 11 years ago

I've fit everything from wide bodies to Pin2k (both body and head!) in my Fit. Haunted House was a squeeze but it still fit. Best little car I've ever had.

#5 11 years ago

Troz, do you have the new fit model or the old? Great thread, I was wondering the same question.

#6 11 years ago

I've got the newer model. It's a 2009 which was the first year of the redesign. I don't believe it has changed since then.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from Squeakman:

We have a Fit, but have never tried to use it to haul a pin because we also have a Honda Element that rocks as a single pin hauler.

Hoe
    Lee
    Sheeyat

We have a fit & element & pinball machines & frequent pinside too.... Weird

Are you by chance a 250lb 6ft2 half fat German who blacks out on jäger bombs too?

Remember those xfile episodes with the clones (there were like 5). Wonder if that happened in real life.

#8 11 years ago

I have an '11 fit, and was able to carry an Atari Middle Earth just fine. The White Force with the backbox folded down just BARELY fit.

#9 11 years ago

i have an '08 model (the older versions). i measured the back opening and this is what i got. it's got a hexagonal shape, which i'm not sure if the new ones have.
    _____
    /____\
    \____/
    /\shaped like this kinda.
    bottom lip: 28"
    widest part in the middle: 41 1/2"
    height: 30 1/2"

this match up with the new model?

#10 11 years ago

I have an Element too. Fit/Elem must be a pin thing .

#11 11 years ago

Haven't found one that won't squeeze in yet - proof is in the pics - Scott

http://www.weirpinball.com/gallery/index.php/Honda-Fit-pin-transport

#12 11 years ago

Scott - Can you take the measurements of the hatch opening like Dommer did? Thanks is advance.

#13 11 years ago

Pretty much the same measurements but my height is closer to 32" - When I have a game with a gun like IJ or STTNG - I take them off before loading so I don't have to kiss the steering wheel.

#14 11 years ago

I too have a honda Jazz(thats what they are called in the UK/Europe).
    Mine is the first year of production,02,and the only problems are Gottlieb sys 3 as they are a tad higher.Have used it to move many DMD pins around,and other than the CBW,it was fine for Data East,wms/bally,Stern etc.
    Also ok for older games too,tho with head off-transported loads of Gottliebs inc Genie,HH etc.Also ok for pink 2k-just.
    My wife has the newer model which is about an inch higher at the back,so even Gottleib sys 3 dmds folded down should be ok
    Good little car and does about 48 miles to a uk gallon

poibug

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Wide Body shouldnt matter as the head is wider than the body anyway. I think Im going to do this on Monday, so I'll report back.

Not always true some SUV style cars have wheel wells on the inside and it would be safest to measure your biggest pin and bring your tape with when buying your next rig.

Just my opinion. I have had this trouble before; when borrowing a rig before getting a truck to haul pins.

#16 11 years ago

I have a 2011 Fit Sport, and width wouldnt be the issue, its the length, even if you put all the seats down, the opening of the hatch would prolly hinder you from getting it all the way in. Maybe, JUST MAYBE if you are short and ride with the seat closer to the dash it will fit. Def use a moving blanket, those plastic parts are expensive to replace...try fitting a bass guitar rig and a few powered speakers in there...its tight but amazingly spacious!

#17 11 years ago

I tied to get my son to agree to me buying him a FIT based on this pic which is from Troz i assume!

rfm_fit.jpgrfm_fit.jpg

1 year later
    #18 10 years ago

Hello all!

This was a great thread to find as it looks like I am fortunately going to get a 2012 Honda Fit. I am amazed that pins will successfully go into a Honda Fit so well (both widebody and a Pin2000 too)! Absolutely great!

I do have a question, if I may. The one main issue I have with the Honda Fit is that it does not have the best acceleration, thus I wonder if this gets much worse having a 300 pound pin inside? Anyone had any issues? What about freeway driving, any issues?

Thanks all!

#19 10 years ago

I have used my wife's to haul a few. No issues here. My only input is that I don't know that two large people would be able to comfortably fit with a pin in the back. If it is just the driver then you can run the passenger seat up and have tons of extra room. If someone is riding on the passenger side they may not be able to have the seat as far back as they like.

#20 10 years ago

All hail the Magic Seats.

#21 10 years ago

Thanks all! It is good to know that the Fit can come through! Excellent!

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from Santeh:

Hello all!
    This was a great thread to find as it looks like I am fortunately going to get a 2012 Honda Fit. I am amazed that pins will successfully go into a Honda Fit so well (both widebody and a Pin2000 too)! Absolutely great!
    I do have a question, if I may. The one main issue I have with the Honda Fit is that it does not have the best acceleration, thus I wonder if this gets much worse having a 300 pound pin inside? Anyone had any issues? What about freeway driving, any issues?
    Thanks all!

Mine is a manual - so no problem with acceleration. I did get a little worse gas mileage but not big deal. Only thing is I am used to hauling them with a Chevy truck - so having them right behind my head is a little odd.

#23 10 years ago

In March of 2008 I sold a Judge Dredd (widebody) and two guys took it away in a Honda Fit. I remember it well because I'd never seen such a big machine fit in such a small car!

#24 10 years ago

Thanks again all! I know this sounds odd, but my main "competition" for getting the Honda Fit is a 2005 Toyota 4Runner (as diametric as that might be). It is certainly important for me to consider moving the pins around...

#25 10 years ago

Well, barring anything unforeseen it looks like I will indeed get a Honda Fit. This is quite a change for me as I am going from a 1994 Nissan Maxima to the Fit. I will need to get used to a V4, thus much less acceleration, along with a less smooth and loud ride but that is okay.

I am so very excited to finally have a vehicle, though, that I can transport a pin inside of, including both wide bodies and even a Pin2K! No more renting a vehicle! I was curious, though, what other amazing and seemingly impossible items have been able to be transported in/by a Honda Fit? Arcade machines (full sized, cocktails, and cabarets), large sized televisions, lawn mowers, etc.?

I am sorry, though, if I highjacked the thread in any way!

#26 10 years ago

I can fit a big painting just by folding the butt part of the magic seats upward.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/honda-fit-owners-pin-tranportation and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.