9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by dgoett
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

Is it just me but I won't turn a single pinball or arcade machine on in the house until all homework is completed and inspected to make sure it is finished.This has worked in my household and will continue to use this method until school is out for the season.I figured that I would have the most problem with the youngest girl but she's usually ready to play by the time I get off work.

#2 9 years ago

Don;t have kids yet but I always assumed pinball was their homework. Whom will take care of me when I'm old if they aren't famously rich pinball players?

#3 9 years ago

My stepdaughter likes to play, but not that much that it is an issue. It is more an issue for me when I am working from home. Breaks become very frequent haha.

#4 9 years ago

Sounds like you're being a good dad (or mom). I should apply this to myself, I work from home and often sneak in some pin-time when there's still work on my desk.

Edit: apparently I'm not the only one!

#5 9 years ago

How about this strategy for getting kids to do homework and chores....a buddy of mine picked up a claw/crane machine, filled it with cheap toys, and put it in his garage. When his kids get done with their homework or chores, they are permitted to get a prize out of the claw machine. He says it works great!! LOL

#6 9 years ago

I always tell my kids to get their work done before playing anything, and to do the hardest stuff first. Repetition is the mother of learning and I keep driving that message on everything, including pinball. I just hope it sticks with them all through life, whether I am around or not.

#7 9 years ago

This strategy might work if my kids gave a crap about pinball.

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

This strategy might work if my kids gave a crap about pinball.

yeah.. "pinball is stupid" is what my 12 YO girl thinks....
    now go for her cell phone and that gets her attention.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homework-before-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.