IMG_4555 (resized).jpeg
Screen-Shot-2016-08-09-at-5.56.01-PM-1 (1) (resized).png
images (1) (resized).jpg
20230916_092647 (resized).jpg
IMG_6233 (resized).jpeg
355856304_697356105736402_5391198079879870950_n (resized).jpg
347397333_637333801120904_2232225860895767743_n (resized).jpg
AEA8576E-3F5C-49E3-B2C7-00ECA322C796 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider popbumperpete.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#86 2 years ago

NO F***ING WAY

#125 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

And yes, Homepin needs serious help with their marketing. Even the announcement graphic was...underwhelming. .

Dont worry, Homepin has his Aussie cheer squad fired up and ready to slay those naysayers

#161 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Funny that he did the Chinese Zombies = Covid Pin and a Porsche pinball but no pictures
must of been great pinballs

I did find one picture of the Porsche pinball playfield, looks a bit like Firepower

#164 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I feel like people may be a tad bit negative in this thread....haha Come on fellas! Have some faith! I need a Spinal Tap pin!

we want to have faith, but that faith is stretched when his first game was a dud, and for some reason, he is too afraid to show us games 2 and 3

#170 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

you're not entitled to anything here. You burned that bridge long ago

Lols, you still make me laugh

#202 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Im still surprised this thread is still going?

you know you want one

#235 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

How about this for doing the right thing ?
[quoted image]

.....and i was quite happy to let this issue drop

a warranty from Homepin carries as much weight as a promise from a politician

2 months later
#330 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If he's not making it, why all the secrecy with the playfield? He wouldn't let you take a full PF shot?
Thanks for the one picture you DID get, but weird he's still clutching his pearls so tight on this dead-end.

it has been said that Chinese Zombies is a basic game. pictures would probably be disappointing and lead to another round of Mike bashing

2 months later
#436 2 years ago

As a confirmed Homepin troll,
I cant wait for more info ha ha ha
My second christmas

At least you got to play Thunderbirds

#473 2 years ago

Are we having fun yet?

#483 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's this way because there's NO INFO on Spinal Tap. Another bad decision. I've posted literally everything I've found (you're welcome), and it's not much.

I would agree, HomePin (not his distributors) released a teaser notice 4 months ago, and then went dark
anyone who has been in this hobby knows that in the absence of information, people will speculate
After the Thunderbirds $h!tfest, I would have expected a smarter rollout of information

2 months later
#557 2 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

So is anyone ringing their distributor right now?

Nah, saving my money for the Ballaramadingdong machine

#561 2 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

So the crappy flyer that says "Show tickets now available" actually means Show tickets not available yet but you can register to be told when they will be available. I see, that is VERY simple, some would even say it's stupid

No reason to ask Doug, he has no involvement in any way, shape , or form with Homepin

#564 2 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Now he has posted a pic of the serial number plate of the first game, why so reluctant to show the game itself?

because they are a game builder, not a game shower
So it will be build plates, build schedules, building blueprints, (but strangely no building rapport)

#593 2 years ago

OK, assume the picture is legit, it is the bottom left of the playfield with a ramp that is leading to the flipper feeder lane
does anyone else find the orientation of "Big Bottom" to be really weird?

2 months later
#725 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

not a fan of mike but came across 2 recent Spinal Tap playfield images.

Not using plywood

#727 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

Good spotting, I was just focused on the screen printing / laser engraving of the underside.... if that is MDF / Chipboard with a veneer then I would never own one.

you don't usually see that many t-nuts used under a playfield
I wonder if there are t-nuts on the topside (under the art sheet) to hold in the mechs?

And if they are using MDF how is that going to hold up in humid conditions?

4 weeks later
#755 1 year ago

I am tingling in anticipation

1 month later
#931 1 year ago

Got to play this on the weekend
For me the problem with the ramps is not the welding, nor the curves, not the hinge or if you can make it up them with the flippers
It is that they are two big chunks of metal that hide most of the upper playfield
On other games, these would be plastic ramps, maybe with protectors for the entrance

#934 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

DMD costs could have went into some exciting toys on the playfield.

There is a cricket bat on a spring mounted over the right slingshot

It was funny, at one point the slingshot was continuously firing, the cricket-bat just sat there and wobbled

#959 1 year ago

edit

#963 1 year ago
Quoted from highwaygames:

Hi Everyone,
We showed the Spinal Tap Pinballs during Pinfest.
I have read the comments and some items mentioned are correct. But please let me explain about the machines and Pinfest.
The machines were super late to arrive to Australia. Homepin were trying to assemble these 2 units so that we could make the show and needed to do some fast assembly of balance parts .

You don't think telling us they are sample games 3 days after the event might be missing the boat on getting the message out?

#966 1 year ago

All in all, disappointing.
Does Mike have something over his distributors to cover his arse or is it a case of , money talks.
I hate being negative , but it really has left a bad feeling with ANY future releases.
I wanted Spina to work, I really did.
Dejavu

At least this time around I got to play the game

#968 1 year ago

Was it any good or can it be when fixed?

I dont think a Homepin can be fixed
IMHO one problem is the playfield overlay, in a bright room you just cannot tell if an insert is lit
The other problem with this game is the two, big, stainless steel ramps in the center of the playfield, they just block your view of the top of the playfield. any other company would have made the ramps from clear plastic and thus opened things up

#971 1 year ago
Quoted from highwaygames:

Sorry I am not sure of your point. Everyone we talked with at the show understood that the software was beta, especially when the ball sequence was not releasing the ball quickly. Its the very first showing of the pinball machine, and Mike was doing talks with everyone on the night of the setup and Saturday evening to explain the development of the machine and what is still being updated.

OK, so we have to now play the game, and then listen to the sales spiel, before we can judge the game?
How many times should we play?

#1039 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

- was with pinballinfo forum in the uk but has not been back for a while and looks like that would of been his best option for promoting TAP

No point in being on a UK forum when he does not have a UK distributor

6 months later
#1247 1 year ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Any shipped yet?

I have heard they are not shipping until september

1 week later
#1338 12 months ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Punkin is like the personification of Old People Facebook.
The woosh, it's so big!

Punkin is a great guy
he has only been in the hobby for a few years, he has games that are not 'A' list or LE's produced in the last few years. Does not mind giving a 'D" list title a try out
he regularly opens his collection for anyone to play

This hobby needs more people like him

10 months later
#1451 40 days ago

I see the game is now upgraded with a third flipper, and the price has come down

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider popbumperpete.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepins-spinal-tap?tu=popbumperpete and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.