IMG_4555 (resized).jpeg
Screen-Shot-2016-08-09-at-5.56.01-PM-1 (1) (resized).png
images (1) (resized).jpg
20230916_092647 (resized).jpg
IMG_6233 (resized).jpeg
355856304_697356105736402_5391198079879870950_n (resized).jpg
347397333_637333801120904_2232225860895767743_n (resized).jpg
AEA8576E-3F5C-49E3-B2C7-00ECA322C796 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertT1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#157 2 years ago

Anyone on the UK forum want to ask what the date is that the IP owner is dictating for a playfield reveal?

I’ve never got his need for secrecy. “Chinese Zombies isn’t for the western market” so we never see anything about it? Weird. Who cares if it’s not for outside of China, if there are zero pics to show what it is and that it actually exists how do future customers see that you have been doing anything since TB seemingly stopped shipping?

#159 2 years ago

Because it's pinball? I'm curious to see new pinball "not coming to the States" just like I'm curious to learn about an old game that is so rare/expensive that I'll never be able to play/see/own it.

#216 2 years ago
Quoted from mcmnky:

How many people are buying a new pin unplayed/unseen?

Every Stern LE buyer in the last several years is essentially doing this. There haven’t been too many duds thankfully. Those that were likely didn’t sell all the LEs and I’m sure we can guess what those are.

The marketing is an odd strategy. Why put it on your distros and not be able to control how the game is showcased? Some probably aren’t even interested after having inventory from game 1 sit and sit and sit.

It really wouldn’t be hard to pick moments from the movie to make for a great pin. There’s plenty there. I guess we will see.

4 months later
#395 2 years ago

From the infrequent FB posts they are still getting parts delivered. Sounds like somebody got a little too excited. Reminds me of a scene from Mystery, Alaska.

1 week later
#432 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This is the most insane thing ever. It’s like he doesn’t want to sell any games.
This is like if movie studios did zero advertising & left it to the theaters. Or if Nintendo didn’t promote their games at all, you had to rely on GameStop to find out anything.
RIP Homepin…amazed you’ve lasted this long.

Exactly. For each distro there is going to be a different narrative and a different level of quality when it comes to game images and promo video, if any. Why would any manufacturer trying to sell something take that risk?

#452 2 years ago

“Homepin will not be releasing any information on the finished machine directly as we are leaving all of the promotion and sales to our sales agents.”

This reads like a free for all to me. If HP is going to spoon feed distros marketing materials, then say that. You aren’t doing direct sales, that’s fine, many companies in this hobby don’t. Control the narrative or prepare to be entertained.

889C746B-B5F7-4EB3-B871-9F8E86C283D2 (resized).jpeg889C746B-B5F7-4EB3-B871-9F8E86C283D2 (resized).jpeg
4 weeks later
#533 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I still can't believe they got this that wrong. Putting the 11 in the middle of the dial changes and ruins the joke.
Maybe they are just messing with us, but probably not.

If they had a normal looking dial label and then the 11 as a hidden insert, like the Future Car wizard mode on Corvette it could still be special, and not visible 100% of the time.

1 month later
#630 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Just a thought.
If you can't release any pictures or information about your product because people will make negative comments, the problem might not be that people are mean, it might be that your product has issues.
Or, it could be that the comments aren't that terrible, and you are over-sensitive.
Information about the game will have to become public at some point. I don't understand the delay, which is apparently based on a fear of negative reaction.
And yes, we understand that Homepin is not doing marketing, distributors are. Or will, eventually. As it seems that Homepin hasn't given distributors any info to use for marketing. They can't advertise what they don't know.
It's just odd. Most manufacturers are proud to show off their products. Not concealing their products because potential customers might make comments critical of the product.

It gave Magic Girl quite the aura for a long time. Maybe that’s the strategy.

1 week later
#634 2 years ago

I thought he was leaving all marketing for the game up to the “agents”.

1 month later
#673 1 year ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Taiwan is not a good place to be at the moment , I don’t envy their situation .
Would love to see SPINAL TAP details though .

What’s wrong in Taiwan?

Quoted from dudah:

Still putzing along…
[quoted image]

Many? But not all? Sweet.

#675 1 year ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

The news will answer this question. WW3 might start over this place?

It didn’t over Ukraine. A sea based invasion is the worst attacking position possible. 30 planes going into an airspace isn’t an invasion. Russia does it to Alaska on a regular basis.

Could China start stuff tomorrow, sure. And 2022 could be the year that 2 communist superpowers are so economically crippled they can’t afford to saber rattle for a decade or more. I guess we will see.

Anyway, back to “pinball is hard”.

1 week later
#694 1 year ago

If “pinball sux” was a marketing strategy…

#722 1 year ago

Looks like the gears are starting to turn. I wonder who will be the first to do a proper stream of this game. Proper meaning no hand held cell phones. Stationary playfield cam and at least a display cam. Player cam isn’t really that big of a deal, but your typical pinball streamer has that whether it is at home, on location, or with a full up mobile rig for tournaments.

3 months later
#861 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Here's the video for those avoiding Facebook:

Looks really badly conceived and executed.

The only thing I could says as devils advocate is that the player was basically backhanding everything. The one time the ball went into the left ramp was off a bricked shot to something on the right side wall.

Sure doesn’t look good at this point, but I’d prefer to have another video or two of different players giving it a go.

#882 1 year ago
Quoted from pookycade:

I am really surprised that Homepin let go control of the narrative so easily here. Get someone who can play in, create a real video, don’t let people post up brick fests as the first impression of your machine. This is marketing 101.

“Marketing is going to be left up to our agents” or some garbage like that. They (Mike) don’t want to control the narrative. It’s baffling.

The right side entrance of that ramp is too large. If the ball is going to enter at an angle that it will only ever rattle, what’s the point? Close the opening so only a direct shot goes in and through, and add a thin standup where the ramp opening was closed.

Other games have come to market where they admitted there were not as many whitewoods as needed to refine shots. This might be the most glaring example of a game that wasn’t playtested enough (at all) and the changes incorporated and tested again. With as long as it took to get it in front of the public, there are no excuses. If you wanted to do a 180 after the reception of TAG there was a huge opportunity, which was not utilized.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertT1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepins-spinal-tap?tu=desertT1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.