Screen-Shot-2016-08-09-at-5.56.01-PM-1 (1) (resized).png
images (1) (resized).jpg
20230916_092647 (resized).jpg
IMG_6233 (resized).jpeg
355856304_697356105736402_5391198079879870950_n (resized).jpg
347397333_637333801120904_2232225860895767743_n (resized).jpg
AEA8576E-3F5C-49E3-B2C7-00ECA322C796 (resized).jpeg
C1DF8539-E0F7-4F4B-9DBE-6C563D7B9C4B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adol75.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#209 2 years ago

Wrong title they should have named it "Texas chainsaw massacre"

8 months later
#678 1 year ago

What was the Thunderbird style hand held programmer ?

8 months later
#1127 1 year ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Ok just played Spinal Tap at PBHOF and it’s not good… it’s looks good but plays worse than Thunderbirds.
I actually think Thunderbirds is not as bad as people say it is and I played it after Spinal Tap just to compare and I say Thunderbirds feels better.
I think Spinal Tap looks cool but the video on the back box is just cut scenes from the movie and barely integrates in any way. The speaker lights and the cabinet looks cool, the art is Ok and it’s basically a hardtop on wood which is just like Thunderbirds and not a bad idea.
The little toys the guitars and drum set are all cool but the flippers were weak and I lost a ball that Tim had to clear for me. Wasn’t worth more the two games for me, I wanted to like it but it was slow and not that much fun.
I am a minority I don’t think Thunderbirds is that bad probably because the whole theme is cool to me and translates well to a game. I wish someone would take a fast pinball board or a raspberry PI and make a better game out of it. Because the theme is campy fun but the game is not that good either.
Sorry all - wanted to like it and it’s just not that good.
Praise for Tim though since my last visit to the Hall of fame more games were up this time so big praise for him and his team.

I did the same played Spinal Tap first then went to play Thunderbirds which oddly wasn't as bad as I remembered it was.

I guess Homepin is finally on to something every time they release a game the previous one suddenly doesn't look as terrible as it was.

Let's wait for the next game to enjoy spinal tap !

1 month later
#1172 11 months ago
Quoted from Knapp_Arcade:

Homepin released an official trailer for This is Spinal Tap pinball this morning...
https://www.knapparcade.org/post/homepin-launches-official-trailer-for-its-this-is-spinal-tap-pinball-machine
[quoted image]

I think they hit it spot on ! The best way to even hope to sell this game is to not show the game and even less to play the game.

#1200 11 months ago
Quoted from spinout:

I second what Eville Pinball just said... because I did exactly the same thing at PHOF LOL!... I played it once, walked over to Thunderbirds, as it had been a few years... and YES, Thunderbirds is WAY more fun and more complete feeling... even with a plastic lock-down bar! Suddenly I forgave that, the bad animations, orange led screen, weird scoring and odd layout after Spinal Tap. Honestly, you would have to really love that movie to see past some things. But each to their own.
I was at PHOF on 3/25/23 about 2 hours before closing. I played Spinal Tap despite a broken-weak left flipper (they eventually turned it off)... and even with 2 flippers there is just nothing particularly fun about this experience. It looks okay enough, but it ends there. Even the shooter lane groove looks bad... on every other machine I have ever seen, that groove is a smooth beveled depression in the shooter lane... not Spinal Tap... it is a hard edge 90 degree angle (you can see it in the photo Eville Pinball posted but in person it screams at you - it is very Ikea furniture feeling/looking in that sense). So odd. The music, callouts etc. don't appear related to what is happening... just random stuff playing which just felt distracting.
Back to Thunderbirds. Yes, it looks cheap, plastic lock-down bar, silly ramp in the middle and all... but honestly it feels like a more complete (and fun) game vs Spinal Tap. Spinal Tap looks nice in person... but feels prototype/home brew like when played.
Comparitively, another game who is a true looker is Magic Girl. I played Dutch Magic Girl at expo last year and was totally surprised as it wasn't just all looks-Zombie Yeti art box... but it was actually a really fun game to play, had the one-more-time feel and the animations and callouts were related to what you are doing or just did (still proto-type like but solid and relevent and it worked)... and Magic Girl has no shooter groove at all! LOL.

I third what you both say because I did the exact same at PHoF. I played Spinal tap thought it was horrible, then turned back and put a coin in Thunderbirds, which oddly wasn't as terrible as I remembered it was.

#1203 11 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

I didn't shit on anything. I said i thought the movie looked stupid. A plot about a made up band?
I still do.
I'm in a thread about a pinball machine, not about a movie.
And for some reason you think you should be rude over and again to anyone who disagrees with you about a movie, and not about the pinball machine.
Did you make the movie? Are you financially invested in opinions about a movie that came out 40 years ago and that some people have never even heard of?
It's a fucking shit pinball machine about a fucking stupid movie.
There you go.
And even more to the point, i've played it, and as far as i can tell you haven't.
So who's got an opinion about it that counts?
FuckingHoneyPunkin

You don't disagree about a movie, you haven't seen the movie so you have no idea about what you are talking about.

#1207 11 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

I do so!
I'm talking about a pinball machine, in a thread about a pinball machine.

Well you're actually the one who started taking about the movie in a pinball thread

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adol75.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepins-spinal-tap?tu=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.