IMG_4555 (resized).jpeg
Screen-Shot-2016-08-09-at-5.56.01-PM-1 (1) (resized).png
images (1) (resized).jpg
20230916_092647 (resized).jpg
IMG_6233 (resized).jpeg
355856304_697356105736402_5391198079879870950_n (resized).jpg
347397333_637333801120904_2232225860895767743_n (resized).jpg
AEA8576E-3F5C-49E3-B2C7-00ECA322C796 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 2 years ago

Never saw it, Homepin sucks… easy pass.

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

My youngest and I were just discussing this "rock band" yesterday! He had seen memes about turning up to 11, had NO IDEA where it came from.
I schooled him.

You told him they were from The Simpsons, right?

85165E41-509C-414D-9D10-5C15E23C1B5C.gif85165E41-509C-414D-9D10-5C15E23C1B5C.gif
#82 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

DMD and LCD, how does that work? Maybe the DMD is under the glass?

Movie clips on the LCD, Scores on the DMD. That’s my guess.

#169 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

I could get pics but really ..? why ? Have a look at this thread? would you give them a peek? they dont deserve it. The good ones miss out because of the haters

cry-more.gifcry-more.gif
#214 2 years ago
Quoted from KrisGonzo:

I'm sure they've thought of many but perhaps Spinal Tap is a little too contemporary for the way Stern seem to be going.

Spinal Tap contemporary? It came out in ‘84. So far HP has done this theme & TBAG, which was from ‘65. Hardly contemporary. Stern does themes of all eras, including contemporary: Mando, Stranger Things, GoT, Marvel…

Quoted from KrisGonzo:

The whole "I wish Stern was making this title" attitude is the language of an indoctrinated disciple rather than an open minded customer.

…or maybe they just think Mike is an A-Hole who’s only made one terrible game so far, and they trust a theme they like to a company they like?

4 months later
#417 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Homepin will not be releasing any information on the finished machine directly as we are leaving all of the promotion and sales to our sales agents

This is the most insane thing ever. It’s like he doesn’t want to sell any games.

This is like if movie studios did zero advertising & left it to the theaters. Or if Nintendo didn’t promote their games at all, you had to rely on GameStop to find out anything.

RIP Homepin…amazed you’ve lasted this long.

#419 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

back to the top with this important message above.

You have to try really hard to not sell games in this current market. Congrats, you figured it out!

#426 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

If Joe had more information he would provide it. I'm sure he is at their mercy right now with information....otherwise there would be more information sent or posted here.

Why would Joe even bother being a distributor for a company who doesn’t want to tell anyone about its product?

#444 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

its seems like you have it mixed up. Its not being 'left' to them to do it, its being done and 'given directly' to them.
the marketing collateral ( produced by homepin) will be given to distributors ( so they can use it to sell games) not first given to pinside trolls (so they can do their usual best to discredit it.)
there will be no sneak peaks here.. pinside users burned that bridge long ago. Its all through the channel. No one is seeking approval or critique of anyone here on that.. its how it is. I dont have to explain it ( i dont work for homepin and i dont sell the games) .. but i just wanted to make it clear. You wont be getting a sneaky look no matter how much you complain, you dont get any special treatment.
When Joe is ready, its his party. Until then. .. no.

LOL, you act like you’re punishing or getting revenge on us by not showing anything….ooookaaaay, ohhhh no, you got us! LOL

No one really gives a flying koala what Homepin does. It’s just baffling that they’d take the position that “no marketing” is a good idea. They currently have the reputation of being run by a curmudgeonly a-hole that produced the worst pin ever (TBAG). You’d think that after all the work he’s done, he want to sell product. You sell product by marketing your brand and product.

Oh well - but potential customers are just trolls, right?

#461 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

. and thats how it is usually done but custom thread cutting for a couple thousand bolts?

The good news is - they won’t need that many.

#464 2 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Which is why, for the long haul, every pinhead needs a good example of their favorite em!

Never.gifNever.gif
#503 2 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

They've got a decent logo, but I don't need to see it all over a pin taking away from the theme.
Cabinet art also looks like the Union Jack flag, basic.
[quoted image]

So they just reused the Austin Powers cabinet?

6BA77F86-7253-4A39-8732-3A2BCA51C266 (resized).jpeg6BA77F86-7253-4A39-8732-3A2BCA51C266 (resized).jpeg
#511 2 years ago
Quoted from BradLinden:

Better than re-using the Austin Powers playfield! [quoted image]

Iron Man is a god tier game. Not angry about it.

#513 2 years ago

Or, if you make "Punny Factory", you'll be criticized by EVERYONE...cuz it's Punny Factory.

3 months later
#642 1 year ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

are you really this bored? pick pick pick
if you look up the image on the web . the original is chopped the same way. knowing mikes photoshop skills id say its best he didnt try and make it "rounded"
some of you really need to go for a walk or buy a puppy or something...

Everyone’s fine…you on the other hand somehow decided to surgically graft yourself to Homepin Mike’s ballbag, and it’s made you quite irritable. You might want to seek professional help to reverse the process.

#648 1 year ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

pretty sure homophobic slurs arent cool any more. be a better person.

Nothing I said was homophobic. Way to co-opt a struggle for your own narcissistic failings as a human. You of all people lecturing others to be better people - that’s rich. Projection at its finest.

1 week later
#662 1 year ago
Quoted from JWJr:

Perhaps the pin release is being timed to the movie release.

2024? LOL

…but yeah, Mike already said that he doesn’t do marketing.

3 weeks later
#703 1 year ago

From the guy who brought you Thunderturds…get ready for Spinal Crap!

#713 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

No no no has to remain the Ford Pinto as the Gremlin didn't explode when you nudged it!

Did Ford make beans & the classic Joe Dante movie? I'm really confused.

3 months later
#857 1 year ago

Ooph, you can feel the weakness. Looks impossible to make a ramp shot with those limp flippers.

#921 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

On a positive note, if you buy one and it gets delivered you’ll have one of the rarest production games of all time!
I really can’t see more than 30-40 of these getting out into the world.

Rare games are only cool if they’re actually good, like Big Bang Bar or Kingpin & got their runs cut short by business circumstances of the day. If they’re rare cuz they suck, who cares.

#1001 1 year ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

I havent seen the game, I dont really care if you like it but its nice that in amongst crossing off the full troll bingo card of everyone who shat on everything mike ever did before and has ever so keenly waited to do it again ( in one special needs case even wheeling out the vpn and one his fake accounts to do it twice) there is some nice constructive feedback here from actual intelligent people. Hopefully it helps mike build a better mousetrap for the trolls to shit on again.

Or maybe Mike just makes really shitty pinball machines and no one owes him sycophancy? This is a site full of pinball lovers. Pinball lovers who often actually like horrible games…so, your game has to be 100% irredeemable to get this reaction. That’s on the game, not the people.

#1015 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I played one game on ST all weekend, and i plunged the third ball.

A lot of games are already fighting for the acronym ST. Let’s call this STAP, as in “Homepin, please STAP!!”

#1023 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

Homepin posted just 3hrs ago (22-9-22) a few conflicting comments - first 2 games were the first 2 production games (not proto-types) and then shipped a couple of months ago but was 2nd week of August. Who knows what the real truth is.
[quoted image]

LOL, they’re not shipping until mid ‘23?!?! They’re going to sell ZERO of these at that price & that timeline. Any sane pinball buyer will just go get a Stern, Spooky, JJP, or CGC for less & have it sooner.

#1026 1 year ago
Quoted from Rat:

I wonder how many people he is talking about? that's 4 months of production that is apparently pre-sold, how many a month do you think he will be producing?

If any are pre sold, they’re sold to his distributors, who will then sit on these games FOREVER.

2 months later
#1094 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

Well remember Mike said he was going to do nothing in the way of marketing this machine so everything is going as planned!

I totally forgot this existed. Mission accomplished!!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepins-spinal-tap?tu=Rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.