IMG_4555 (resized).jpeg
Screen-Shot-2016-08-09-at-5.56.01-PM-1 (1) (resized).png
images (1) (resized).jpg
20230916_092647 (resized).jpg
IMG_6233 (resized).jpeg
355856304_697356105736402_5391198079879870950_n (resized).jpg
347397333_637333801120904_2232225860895767743_n (resized).jpg
AEA8576E-3F5C-49E3-B2C7-00ECA322C796 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,479 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 30.
#251 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I have played it. It is a piece of shit made by a terrible person.

you have played spinal tap?

#252 2 years ago

Thunderbirds

#253 2 years ago

Can I ask a practical question at this point?
Are we gonna do Stonehenge tomorrow night?

#254 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Can I ask a practical question at this point?
Are we gonna do Stonehenge tomorrow night?

No, we’re not gonna FUCKING do ‘Stonehenge’.

#256 2 years ago

So when do we get the reveal for this…if it’s a full featured game this could be good…if it’s for 5-8 year olds like TB then it’s a huge waste of a good license. They may as well make Sesame Street. Cheap license and would sell to the right skill level for what they currently build. Not bashing them but for an adult theme I would expect more than a kids game which is exactly what TB is.

#257 2 years ago

Come on we know this game will be awful, but the theme is so good it still may have some appeal.

Let’s just say expectations should be extremely low, and not very difficult to exceed.

So….homepin…do a good show.

#258 2 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

If you don’t like the guy, don’t buy his product

i thought that was the whole reason an otherwise great theme is now a flop. the humor kind of fits though. time to smell the glove

#259 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Come on we know this game will be awful, but the theme is so good it still may have some appeal.
Let’s just say expectations should be extremely low, and not very difficult to exceed.
So….homepin…do a good show.

If you always keep expectations low in life, you will never be disappointed. I live by this.

#260 2 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

weak bad game game code, strange flipper buttons, and some uncommon components like the coin door or lock down bar.

So you buy a spinal tap, recode the entire game on a seperate boardset, replace the flipper buttons, and fabricate and retrofit a coin door and lockdown bar. This game could be great with such outstanding quality!

I sessioned thunderturds for about an hour. It was fun for 15 minutes of that hour.

#261 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

So you buy a spinal tap, recode the entire game on a seperate boardset, replace the flipper buttons, and fabricate and retrofit a coin door and lockdown bar. This game could be great with such outstanding quality!
I sessioned thunderturds for about an hour. It was fun for 15 minutes of that hour.

looks like you just make 'sessioned' up a list of every past trolling point you could remember? ( you forgot the ramp) well done but it doesnt really leave you a lot of scope to comment on this game that has different boards, different buttons, a different coin door and a different lockdown bar does it. ? who knows maybe this you'll have fun for 20 mins this time before resorting to trolling it. good luck to you but dont bet on it cos im pretty sure the sort of person who gets 'offended' by the type of coin door used on a short run machine will never be happy

#262 2 years ago

So pins4u , are you going to let everyone know you're Mike Kalinowski?

#263 2 years ago
Quoted from Bruce_Pickle:

So pins4u , are you going to let everyone know you're Mike Kalinowski?

I did think the same, especially if you look at some of his posts in other threads about electronics, and down voting in this thread

#264 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

looks like you just make 'sessioned' up a list of every past trolling point you could remember?

What does this even mean? Can you translate please?

Quoted from wiredoug:

this game that has different boards, different buttons, a different coin door and a different lockdown bar does it. ? who knows maybe this you'll have fun for 20 mins this time before resorting to trolling it.

Okay, so you just have to recode? Cool. Just a couple hundred hours. Sorry!

Quoted from wiredoug:

good luck to you but dont bet on it cos im pretty sure the sort of person who gets 'offended' by the type of coin door used on a short run machine will never be happy

When did I say I was 'offended'? I was just pointing out incompetence.

2 weeks later
#265 2 years ago

#266 2 years ago

Some things should NEVER be mixed with pinball.
So far every one of ol mates have been NEVER category.

4 weeks later
#267 2 years ago

How's everything going for that October release deadline Mike @pins4u?

#268 2 years ago
Quoted from Bruce_Pickle:

How's everything going for that October release deadline Mike pins4u?

That’s funny

#269 2 years ago

Maybe China already invaded?

#270 2 years ago

Well, I’m sure I’d feel much worse if I weren’t under such heavy sedation.

#271 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Maybe China already invaded?

It's always someone else's fault.

#272 2 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

It's always someone else's fault.

I guess this is a real threat though.
God bless Australia

#273 2 years ago

I have played it. It is a piece of shit made by a terrible person.</blockquote
Have you met Mike K in person?

#274 2 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Lols, you still make me laugh

Don't waste your breath nobody else is, we all know and respect you and what you have been through personally

We all know how it will all end, just know that you will be right

Quoted from PopBumperPete:

.....and i was quite happy to let this issue drop
a warranty from Homepin carries as much weight as a promise from a politician

Hows that Deeproot and Zidware Warranty going, Lifetime Warranty on boards how about reduce that and make the bloody Thunderbirds Toppers owed and pay Ben Heck for using his boards

#275 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Balcer did not do this playfield, he was ghosted after many productive conversations. Take that for what it is but I know I won't be buying one until I play and it would have to knock my socks off.

I heard Mike thought he would design the game and be a Famous pinball designer.

#276 2 years ago

'Hows that Deeproot and Zidware Warranty going, Lifetime Warranty on boards how about reduce that and make the bloody Thunderbirds Toppers owed and pay Ben Heck for using his boards '

Ben Heck's boards were freeware, not requiring a license to use even commercially, but if it were then Ben would have to support the god awful system he devised. If I was Mike, I would've wanted my money back!

#277 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

“Chinese Zombies isn’t for the western market” so we never see anything about it? Weird. Who cares if it’s not for outside of China, if there are zero pics to show what it is and that it actually exists

I have actually seen the prototype hands on, and I have played it as well... Due to China being a brutal dictatorship and a market you want to pull out of, not into, the game might not go any further than the prototype...

It actually reminded me slightly about Stern The Walking Dead. I liked the gameplay and the atmosphere of the game even though I had no clue what I was doing since everything was in Chinese letters as well. The playfield and lighting was mostly themed in purple and green, and as I understood it, the ruleset was on purpose a bit simple since there is absolutely no understanding of modern pinball machines in China... There is also another aspect of the Chinese culture, when they play ANY game they expect to win something (money/toys etc)... They don't do the social/fun part in the same way as us westerners...

#278 2 years ago
Quoted from JackMorten:

I have actually seen the prototype hands on, and I have played it as well...

Take any video ?

#279 2 years ago
Quoted from JackMorten:

I have actually seen the prototype hands on, and I have played it as well... Due to China being a brutal dictatorship and a market you want to pull out of, not into, the game might not go any further than the prototype...
It actually reminded me slightly about Stern The Walking Dead. I liked the gameplay and the atmosphere of the game even though I had no clue what I was doing since everything was in Chinese letters as well. The playfield and lighting was mostly themed in purple and green, and as I understood it, the ruleset was on purpose a bit simple since there is absolutely no understanding of modern pinball machines in China... There is also another aspect of the Chinese culture, when they play ANY game they expect to win something (money/toys etc)... They don't do the social/fun part in the same way as us westerners...

or photos

#280 2 years ago

Yeah we are all clamoring for more info on Chinese Zombies. RIP your inbox.

#281 2 years ago

Hei! Checked my phone, no photos, but I am picking up some parts from Homepin next week and I will ask Mike if I can take a few photos of "Ghost Zombies" and post them .. No promise, I got to respect his decision if he say no, but I will ask!

#282 2 years ago
Quoted from JackMorten:

Hei! Checked my phone, no photos, but I am picking up some parts from Homepin next week and I will ask Mike if I can take a few photos of "Ghost Zombies" and post them .. No promise, I got to respect his decision if he say no, but I will ask!

he will say no.....

#283 2 years ago

hopefully the art is better than the ad page

homepin (resized).jpeghomepin (resized).jpeg
#284 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

[quoted image]

I think it's pretty safe to assume that's the center of the playfield. You can even see the corners of the slings

#285 2 years ago

Is that a foil wrapped cucumber next to the #8?

#286 2 years ago
Quoted from woz:

Is that a foil wrapped cucumber next to the #8?

Yes it is

#287 2 years ago

I think it is Jeff Busch on the artwork. He was with AP and did Houdini, Oktoberfest and Hot Wheels. I'm not usually a fan but actually I think the small portion of the playfield we can see looks good.

#288 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I think it's pretty safe to assume that's the center of the playfield. You can even see the corners of the slings

Ugh. The dial's not even right. 11 should have been after 10, and the center "knob" should have been reserved for "smell the glove wizard mode" or something else. As it's laid out right now it makes zero sense.

#289 2 years ago
Quoted from JackMorten:

Would be nice to see what the playfield looked liked. On the only photos I saw it was blurred out.

#290 2 years ago

Why would the dial only go to 10?
They better fix that quick.

#291 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

They better fix that quick.

11 is in the middle.

#292 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Quoted from chuckwurt:

11 is in the middle.

I think @dantesmark's point is that the "11" isn't after "10" in the circular layout of the numbers representing the shape of the dial. I agree that the "11" would be more affective to be right after the "10" in the dial pattern....it would be a more appropriate nod to the way the "11" appears on the Marshall amp in the movie.

That would allow the center of that graphic being available for something else like a wizard mode or something like PinMonk suggested. As it stands now, I'm guessing "11" is the wizard or advanced mode. We'll just have to wait and see.

If you really want to nit-pick, the numbers should start with "0".
11 (resized).jpg11 (resized).jpg

#294 2 years ago

Hoping the game merits more than a simple two word review.

#295 2 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

"F This?"

#296 2 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

T'is pinball

#297 2 years ago

I can see we don't have too many Spinal Tap fans around here.

sand.gifsand.gif
#298 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

[quoted image]

Id say no. Thats a snippet of the playfield art and looks like a heavy photoshop job.

#299 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Id say no. Thats a snippet of the playfield art and looks like a heavy photoshop job.

I wasn't just suggesting the playfield but also the brochure it looks like crap

As for the 1-11 - they should of put that around the outside and could of had a small led display like a circular dot matrix in the centre to show a moving line rotating around and display basic graphics.

The playfield art looks very much Thunderbird style art with photoshop images added which is 2010 Stern art approach

#300 2 years ago

I don’t give a flying fuck. I’m buying it.

There are 1,479 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepins-spinal-tap/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.