IMG_4555 (resized).jpeg
Screen-Shot-2016-08-09-at-5.56.01-PM-1 (1) (resized).png
images (1) (resized).jpg
20230916_092647 (resized).jpg
IMG_6233 (resized).jpeg
355856304_697356105736402_5391198079879870950_n (resized).jpg
347397333_637333801120904_2232225860895767743_n (resized).jpg
AEA8576E-3F5C-49E3-B2C7-00ECA322C796 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,479 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 30.
#201 2 years ago

Im still surprised this thread is still going?

#202 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Im still surprised this thread is still going?

you know you want one

#203 2 years ago

Well.... no one had mentioned Meathead yet so....
I could not help myself.

#204 2 years ago

Could be good. Could be bad. But at least homepin has actually produced a pinball machine to date. My expectations are very low considering TB, but I'll wait to say anything negative/positive about this new machine until I see the final product.

#205 2 years ago

I have no problems with pinball machine being built and hope its fun for whomever wants to buy.
I think we all know how I feel about "The Director"

#206 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

I think we all know how I feel about "The Director"

shots fired The_Director

#207 2 years ago

His mention of simple code means it will likely suck. Elwin is killing it with deeply coded games. Sprinkle in some racism, bigotry and homophobia, and mix in a little Thunderbirds ... And ...

I'm fucking OUTSKI!

#208 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

mehhh,
he doesn't post in Australia any more nor Pinside so only UK's PinballInfo as far as I know
https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/homepin-new-licenced-theme-new-staff.49424/page-5
reckons he is booked out with orders until March / April next year

Still on pinside but with a different username.

Liquidated all his Aussie assets a few years back as well and transferred them offshore behind the bamboo curtain so it's a stretch to even promote any part of it as an Australian pinball company.

#209 2 years ago

Wrong title they should have named it "Texas chainsaw massacre"

#211 2 years ago

Interesting. A ground-breaking movie which pretty much invented the mockumentary. You could have a lot of fun with a pinball version.

#212 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

wow .... brutal just brutal ...
guessing everyone from the DR thread will pile on here now!

Why? Homepin actually made a game. It's a game that not many people like, but they still shipped a game.

Get outta here with this take...

#213 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Interesting. A ground-breaking movie which pretty much invented the mockumentary. You could have a lot of fun with a pinball version.

Totally. The movie is epic and would translate to a pin perfectly. It's just... Homepin? Really?

#214 2 years ago
Quoted from KrisGonzo:

I'm sure they've thought of many but perhaps Spinal Tap is a little too contemporary for the way Stern seem to be going.

Spinal Tap contemporary? It came out in ‘84. So far HP has done this theme & TBAG, which was from ‘65. Hardly contemporary. Stern does themes of all eras, including contemporary: Mando, Stranger Things, GoT, Marvel…

Quoted from KrisGonzo:

The whole "I wish Stern was making this title" attitude is the language of an indoctrinated disciple rather than an open minded customer.

…or maybe they just think Mike is an A-Hole who’s only made one terrible game so far, and they trust a theme they like to a company they like?

#215 2 years ago
Quoted from sven:

A few things I got from the Pinballnews podcast by Martin and Jonathan.

My take aways from that podcast:
HP is just building the machines. Marketing and sales are left to the regional distributors. They aren't even planning to post gameplay videos. Leaving it to the distributors.

I'm new to the contemporary pinball world and only know HP through my interest in Tap, but this seems odd. (or a way to ensure they stay small) How many people are buying a new pin unplayed/unseen? I'm in the group of people who'd like to see this coming from a company with a longer (and better) history of delivering good games. I'm not a particular fan of Stern, but as a Tap fan, this announcement from them would have me more excited.

For a small operation with a physical product, it would seem pre-orders would be key to getting deposits in to help pay for hardware or at least get commitments for sales to help justify the up front investment. As mentioned above, building in small quantity keeps per unit prices high and leaves suppliers with no interest in tailoring parts to their specs. Taking a totally hands off approach to sales doesn't make much sense to me.

Not much talk about gameplay specifics, but he did mention getting lost backstage in Cleveland and a ball capture like Derek getting tapped in his pod during Rock and Roll Creation.

For licensing, they have TiSP but nothing outside the film. Not the "pilot" that was used to sell the film to producers in lieu of a script, and not the sequel or any subsequent albums.

#216 2 years ago
Quoted from mcmnky:

How many people are buying a new pin unplayed/unseen?

Every Stern LE buyer in the last several years is essentially doing this. There haven’t been too many duds thankfully. Those that were likely didn’t sell all the LEs and I’m sure we can guess what those are.

The marketing is an odd strategy. Why put it on your distros and not be able to control how the game is showcased? Some probably aren’t even interested after having inventory from game 1 sit and sit and sit.

It really wouldn’t be hard to pick moments from the movie to make for a great pin. There’s plenty there. I guess we will see.

#217 2 years ago

This thread sucks. I don’t know which day the lord created this thread, but I wish he had rested on that day too.

#218 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

This thread sucks. I don’t know which day the lord created this thread, but I wish he had rested on that day too.

The musical growth rate of this thread can't even be charted. It's treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality.

I know some would say that's nitpicking but I have to be honest.

#219 2 years ago
spinal-tap-are-you-kidding-me.gifspinal-tap-are-you-kidding-me.gif
#220 2 years ago

This thread is sad. Obviously written in Dm.

#221 2 years ago

At least this thread has the bigger dressing room. Bigger than the puppets.

#222 2 years ago
20210909_234505 (resized).jpg20210909_234505 (resized).jpg
#223 2 years ago

Regarding this license being done by Homepin: I just hate it…it really, it does disturb me, but I’ll rise above it; I’M A PROFESSIONAL.

#224 2 years ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

Regarding this license being done by Homepin: I just hate it…it really, it does disturb me, but I’ll rise above it; I’M A PROFESSIONAL.

You can't let it affect your performance.

#225 2 years ago

His solos are his trademark.

#226 2 years ago

Any truth to the rumor that these are being launched at a special event in Cleveland?

Quoted from Gribbs:

They’ve got THIS MUCH talent! Stern has to apologize for them with their pins.

In all seriousness, is there this little enthusiasm for this pin? I’d think this thread would be on fire. What if JJP was making it? I’m still very likely in…even if it’s a Homepin. I mean, after all…

…This is Spinal Tap!

#227 2 years ago

Shit Sandwich

#228 2 years ago

You can’t print that!

#229 2 years ago

I love the license. Having never played Thuderbirds, I have no idea what to expect quality wise. I really hope this ends up being awesome.

There's an appeal to Homepin if they can keep their price point below Stern Pros.

#230 2 years ago

I'm in unless I'm not.

#231 2 years ago

How about this for doing the right thing ?

HomepinWarranty (resized).jpgHomepinWarranty (resized).jpg
#232 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

[quoted image]

What's the "reasonable commercial life" definition?

#233 2 years ago

I don’t think anyone has an issue with the quality of the circuit boards.

It’s more whether someone who likes pinball was actually involved in the game’s creation.

#234 2 years ago

"At our sole discretion" = if you piss me off the warranty does not stand

#235 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

[quoted image]

.....and i was quite happy to let this issue drop

a warranty from Homepin carries as much weight as a promise from a politician

#236 2 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:.....and i was quite happy to let this issue drop
a warranty from Homepin carries as much weight as a promise from a politician

That’s at least better than JJP….

#237 2 years ago
Quoted from medeski7:

There's an appeal to Homepin if they can keep their price point below Stern Pros.

Nobody can do this.

That’s why everybody hates Stern for some reason.

#238 2 years ago

first pics of this new upcoming game, forgive me Father as I have sinned.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#239 2 years ago
Quoted from medeski7:

Never played Thuderbirds, I have no idea what to expect quality wise.

Screenshot_20210911-094132_Free Adblocker Browser (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210911-094132_Free Adblocker Browser (resized).jpg

#240 2 years ago

Gameplay is different than “quality” however since HP moved to Taiwan maybe they’ve improved? Did anyone see a Porsche game?

#241 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I don’t think anyone has an issue with the quality of the circuit boards.
It’s more whether someone who likes pinball was actually involved in the game’s creation.

Stern nodeboard whining…

#242 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Gameplay is different than “quality” however since HP moved to Taiwan maybe they’ve improved? Did anyone see a Porsche game?

Since it was a promotional tool for trade shows, I doubt it was many steps above a box of lights.

#244 2 years ago

Are you saying its a box of lights that is filled with crap?

#245 2 years ago

I think many people comment on the game Thunderbirds but never played it and then think the quality of the game is somehow linked to how good the gameplay is. That is not the definition of quality. Many things in this world can be good quality and low demand let’s not confuse the premise.

I have played Thunderbirds and I can agree with many common complaints on this game - weak bad game game code, strange flipper buttons, and some uncommon components like the coin door or lock down bar. Other then those items noted I would say the build quality is good but the game play is just kind of bad due to the lack of code. I think the theme is good and if someone could tweak the code it could be a “decent” game. Many games shoot bricks or are dull, I am not saying it would be great but it’s not the worst if you ask me.

So, I think Homepin can build a good quality game that could be the easy part for them. Can the code be simple and not deep and still be a fun shooter? I think the theme could be fun. Time will tell.

Why trash them now without seeing it? Sure judge them after the release and playing it. If you don’t like the guy, don’t buy his product, if you don’t like the theme don’t buy it.

We all don’t have to like the same things or sway people one way or the other the product will speak for itself.

I think this is like Gottlieb machines for me having owned one, I don’t care for them generally but I would probably own a Stargate but that would about it. But, the game quality is still very good, I just don’t find many of them very fun. Still quality stuff.

#246 2 years ago

Have not played it or trashed it, but all of these elements (game codes, flipper feel, etc.) can be encompassed in the definition of "quality."

#247 2 years ago

Generally Taiwan is a big step up from China IMO in regards to quality

#248 2 years ago

I played a few games of thunderbirds and actually liked the game,
but I may have been swayed by playing the game next to it that was absolutely horrible - Mafia

#249 2 years ago

Joke's on us, Hercules is an $18K game

#250 2 years ago

I have played it. It is a piece of shit made by a terrible person.

There are 1,479 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepins-spinal-tap/page/5?hl=ds_nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.