IMG_4555 (resized).jpeg
Screen-Shot-2016-08-09-at-5.56.01-PM-1 (1) (resized).png
images (1) (resized).jpg
20230916_092647 (resized).jpg
IMG_6233 (resized).jpeg
355856304_697356105736402_5391198079879870950_n (resized).jpg
347397333_637333801120904_2232225860895767743_n (resized).jpg
AEA8576E-3F5C-49E3-B2C7-00ECA322C796 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,479 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 30.
#151 2 years ago

I hope the game software is not in a battery backup RAM module anymore.

#152 2 years ago

Spinal Tap? Hmm.Then what was #"Heavy Metal Meltdown" about?

#153 2 years ago

Joe Balcer is working on this? So expect Godzilla/hotwheels layout?

#154 2 years ago

I'm curious. What are the details of their supposed "industry best warranty"? The 12-month 2018 warranty on their website isn't even close to industry best. Just saying it in a product release doesn't make it so. Pinball machines are expensive; I challenge all MFGs to match or exceed Multimorphic's 2-year transferrable warranty. If Homepin has a new and better warranty, let us know what that new bar is. Let's all do better for our customers.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#155 2 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

I'm curious. What are the details of their supposed "industry best warranty"? The 12-month 2018 warranty on their website isn't even close to industry best. Just saying it in a product release doesn't make it so. Pinball machines are expensive; I challenge all MFGs to match or exceed Multimorphic's 2-year transferrable warranty. If Homepin has a new and better warranty, let us know what that new bar is. Let's all do better for our customers.
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

Im guessing that they are comparing to Stern, Spooky, CGC, and JJP's warranties.

#156 2 years ago

wow .... brutal just brutal ...
guessing everyone from the DR thread will pile on here now!

#157 2 years ago

Anyone on the UK forum want to ask what the date is that the IP owner is dictating for a playfield reveal?

I’ve never got his need for secrecy. “Chinese Zombies isn’t for the western market” so we never see anything about it? Weird. Who cares if it’s not for outside of China, if there are zero pics to show what it is and that it actually exists how do future customers see that you have been doing anything since TB seemingly stopped shipping?

#158 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I’ve never got his need for secrecy. “Chinese Zombies isn’t for the western market” so we never see anything about it? Weird. Who cares if it’s not for outside of China, if there are zero pics to show what it is and that it actually exists how do future customers see that you have been doing anything since TB seemingly stopped shipping?

Who cares?

#159 2 years ago

Because it's pinball? I'm curious to see new pinball "not coming to the States" just like I'm curious to learn about an old game that is so rare/expensive that I'll never be able to play/see/own it.

#160 2 years ago

Funny that he did the Chinese Zombies = Covid Pin and a Porsche pinball but no pictures

must of been great pinballs

#161 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Funny that he did the Chinese Zombies = Covid Pin and a Porsche pinball but no pictures
must of been great pinballs

I did find one picture of the Porsche pinball playfield, looks a bit like Firepower

#162 2 years ago

This and Deep Root thread are trending. Oh dear. Is this what pinball is in 2021?

#163 2 years ago

I feel like people may be a tad bit negative in this thread....haha Come on fellas! Have some faith! I need a Spinal Tap pin!

#164 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I feel like people may be a tad bit negative in this thread....haha Come on fellas! Have some faith! I need a Spinal Tap pin!

we want to have faith, but that faith is stretched when his first game was a dud, and for some reason, he is too afraid to show us games 2 and 3

#165 2 years ago

no peter you're a bored shit stirring hater who wants new material

at least own it and stop pretending its any more than that.

you're not entitled to anything here. You burned that bridge long ago

#166 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Because it's pinball? I'm curious to see new pinball "not coming to the States" just like I'm curious to learn about an old game that is so rare/expensive that I'll never be able to play/see/own it.

porsche was a corporate custom that went to the company not to market. You're not entitled to see it. They bought it. its gone. Most themed games get built on firepower or eightball .. not that exciting really.

zombies was made for china but was shelved when the move from CN to TW happened. Pretty sure the proto's are still in captivity.
I could get pics but really ..? why ? Have a look at this thread? would you give them a peek? they dont deserve it. The good ones miss out because of the haters

#167 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

The good ones miss out because of the haters

Seems to be more haters of late !

#168 2 years ago

good to see Aussie_Hilton is still employed.

#169 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

I could get pics but really ..? why ? Have a look at this thread? would you give them a peek? they dont deserve it. The good ones miss out because of the haters

cry-more.gifcry-more.gif
#170 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Lols, you still make me laugh

#171 2 years ago

not much about Porsche Taycan apart from 4 being made, shipped without cab art fitted from Taiwan to China to avoid customs - sounds odd, probably not a licensed product.

just for those interested in Spinal Tap just be aware of issues with Thunderbirds, not willing to share images of Porsche Pinball, China Zombie's, then not alot of release info on the Beer Pin, and Dealers keep changing

porsche (resized).jpgporsche (resized).jpgporsche 1 (resized).jpgporsche 1 (resized).jpg
#172 2 years ago

I guess in summary....

awesome theme + terrible pinball company = I dont care?

#173 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

And so say us, “Tap into America!”

#174 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

no peter you're a bored shit stirring hater who wants new material
at least own it and stop pretending its any more than that.

You were just complaining about making things personal and then you attack a fellow pinsider?

Low move I think.

#175 2 years ago

lets hope that with this one homepin doesnt ...

tapout (resized).jpgtapout (resized).jpg

#176 2 years ago

So, where can I send my pre-order money? Don't want to miss out on this one...

#177 2 years ago

Mike Kalinowski of Homepin is interviewed in the latest Pinball News and Pinball Magazine PINcast.

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9hbmNob3IuZm0vcy8zMjM5NmViYy9wb2RjYXN0L3Jzcw/episode/MTk4YTAwMjQtOGEwOS00ODI5LTk4ZTItMWFmYThlMDgxZjRl?ep=14

#178 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Anyone on the UK forum want to ask what the date is that the IP owner is dictating for a playfield reveal?

There are a few pics of the Chinese Zombie pin around. Same with the porsche custom one.

#179 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There are a few pics of the Chinese Zombie pin around. Same with the porsche custom one.

post them up, may as well have them here

#180 2 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

So, where can I send my pre-order money? Don't want to miss out on this one...

Send it to me . I'll look after it for a couple of years and then give it back to you ....

You're welcome

#181 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

post them up, may as well have them here

I didn't save many of them when they were posted. But there are more around...
china-zombies (resized).jpgchina-zombies (resized).jpg

china-zombies-lit (resized).jpgchina-zombies-lit (resized).jpg

playfield-back (resized).jpgplayfield-back (resized).jpg

#182 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

Yes, you certainly wouldn’t want to post anything that might help rehab his reputation, better to leave things exactly as they were last. Good job.

#183 2 years ago

I'm partially aware of tha happenings before, but in the shadow of Deeproot it's even more of an accomplishment what was done here (if you like Thunderbirds or the communication or not). Guess most of us didn't have thought that Homepin would be still alive and kicking by now.

So if we like the game we can be relatively sure we will be able to get it eventually.

And if we will like it we'll see. I like the teasing so far and am looking forward to the full reveal!

#184 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Mike posted these pics over on Pinball Info;[quoted image][quoted image]

Nigel’s guitar should have been the one with the price tag still on it.

#185 2 years ago

A few things I got from the Pinballnews podcast by Martin and Jonathan.
- HomePin wants to stay a smaller company
- Licensing is hard, but HomePin has (most of) what they want. Custom callouts not yet confirmed or denied.
- a 27 inch monitor is used. Porsche also had a DMD and a monitor.
- DMD for credits, scoring, 'things like that' and some DMD animations.
- Monitor for things from the movie (anything from the movie is allowed). Mike is not a fan of screens, but it's nice for spectators.
- All boards are new. Mostly through hole components.
- Shipping costs are high/a problem, other costs have gone way up as well (no news, but it's of course affecting HomePin as well).
- Preferably HomePin takes parts locally, the low quantity is causing lost of interest by suppliers.
- Shipping is scheduled around Christmas.
- HP is planning on making a fun game, but not with a deep ruleset.
I missed some small parts of the interview due to destraction, so maybe I missed something important: feel free add things I haven't mentioned or to correct (if needed).

I still need to listen to the other parts of the podcast as well. I'm really interested in MultiMorphic and American Pinball as well, but all together it's quite a lot of time to listen to the whole episode though

#186 2 years ago
Quoted from sven:

A few things I got from the Pinballnews podcast by Martin and Jonathan.
- HomePin wants to stay a smaller company
- Licensing is hard, but HomePin has (most of) what they want. Custom callouts not yet confirmed or denied.
- a 27 inch monitor is used. Porsche also had a DMD and a monitor.
- DMD for credits, scoring, 'things like that' and some DMD animations.
- Monitor for things from the movie (anything from the movie is allowed). Mike is not a fan of screens, but it's nice for spectators.
- All boards are new. Mostly through hole components.
- Shipping costs are high/a problem, other costs have gone way up as well (no news, but it's of course affecting HomePin as well).
- Preferably HomePin takes parts locally, the low quantity is causing lost of interest by suppliers.
- Shipping is scheduled around Christmas.
- HP is planning on making a fun game, but not with a deep ruleset.
I missed some small parts of the interview due to destraction, so maybe I missed something important: feel free add things I haven't mentioned or to correct (if needed).
I still need to listen to the other parts of the podcast as well. I'm really interested in MultiMorphic and American Pinball as well, but all together it's quite a lot of time to listen to the whole episode though

Sounds like a downer of an interview.

#187 2 years ago

I really hope Spinal Tap does well.
Mike/Homepin are no Stern but the guy has skills and can make pinball happen. He comes across as a workaholic. 10/10 for dedication and effort. Bouncing back from Thunderbirds…..
Let’s see, I think we will be pleasantly surprised by how good it is.

#188 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Not surprised at all. Shame homepin has this license.

#189 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Actually I thought most of it sounded quite alright to me. Well, except that I'm a little afraid for the rules if they're too simple (but we don't know that yet, though they have their history against them) and if so, maybe with that also too simple use of animations/LCD?
I didn 't like quite some of Mikes comments in writing on Pinside or other forums in the past, but in this interview I thought he sounded fine and reasonable.

For the game itself: I suppose we'll just have to wait and see. Based on the interview I do think they'll improve, the question is 'how much improvement?'.

#190 2 years ago

I am not a fan of spinal tap.
So, from the outside looking in, if lots of other bands are themes for jjp and stern, is it then an insult to have a game made by homepin for spinal tap?

#191 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

I am not a fan of spinal tap.
So, from the outside looking in, if lots of other bands are themes for jjp and stern, is it then an insult to have a game made by homepin for spinal tap?

Well not really. Spinal tap isn’t a real band and homepin isn’t a real pinball company so it kind of works.

#192 2 years ago

LOL.

#193 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well not really. Spinal tap isn’t a real band and homepin isn’t a real pinball company so it kind of works.

You don't do pinball in Doubly.

#194 2 years ago

B9A45961-CD5C-4DD6-B4B0-3FA42B0D4A03_1_105_c (resized).jpegB9A45961-CD5C-4DD6-B4B0-3FA42B0D4A03_1_105_c (resized).jpeg7D3E37A5-41BC-4B86-8339-218F66C1D242_1_105_c (resized).jpeg7D3E37A5-41BC-4B86-8339-218F66C1D242_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

#195 2 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Kind of a waste of a Flash Gordon...

#196 2 years ago

So many of the opinions on this thread are precisely why Stern are able to continually increase prices safe in the knowledge that they'll sell.

The whole "I wish Stern was making this title" attitude is the language of an indoctrinated disciple rather than an open minded customer.

Stern didn't get the licence because they either didn't want it or didn't think of it.

Now more than ever Pinball needs as many manufacturers and ideas as possible. JJP have completely messed up by producing a great title built on foundations of under performing pooling plywood. This has allowed Stern to further grab a monopoly on the market and that is never a good thing.

So I applaud the ambition of Homepin to learn from their first pinball attempt, improve and try again.

I'm sure many would love Stern to hoover up the company or licence up and have a clear run, but maybe when they're charging $9000 for a pro we might be wishing they didn't monopolize the market.

#197 2 years ago

Or we could wait to see the game, and then make an informed purchase decision.
Crazy, I know.

#198 2 years ago

You have to assume that Stern (and other manufacturers) have thought of every possible license there could possibly be at this point. They likely have some sort of list with each title receiving some sort of rating that they tap in to and have some marketing guru that decides what may sell well at a certain time.

Quoted from KrisGonzo:

Stern didn't get the licence because they either didn't want it or didn't think of it.

#199 2 years ago

Meathead reacts to the news....

" I finally get a Pin Made out of one of my Films, and it's by Homepin????!!!??? Why me? "

all-in-the-family-rob-reiner-once-explained-how-overboard-meathead-nickname-went-768x461 (resized).jpgall-in-the-family-rob-reiner-once-explained-how-overboard-meathead-nickname-went-768x461 (resized).jpg
#200 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

You have to assume that Stern (and other manufacturers) have thought of every possible license there could possibly be at this point. They likely have some sort of list with each title receiving some sort of rating that they tap in to and have some marketing guru that decides what may sell well at a certain time.

I'm sure they've thought of many but perhaps Spinal Tap is a little too contemporary for the way Stern seem to be going.

I would say the same about The Big Lebowski which is another great theme but I just couldn't envisage Stern doing it. These sort of titles probably offer enough of a niche to smaller companies but are not conventional enough for Stern who can slam dunk guaranteed sales with any Marvel character they wish.

I love Sterns and I'm in for a Godzilla but I won't be holding my breath for a Curb Your Enthusiasm or Dr Dre theme from them anytime soon.

There are 1,479 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepins-spinal-tap/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.