Screen-Shot-2016-08-09-at-5.56.01-PM-1 (1) (resized).png
images (1) (resized).jpg
20230916_092647 (resized).jpg
IMG_6233 (resized).jpeg
355856304_697356105736402_5391198079879870950_n (resized).jpg
347397333_637333801120904_2232225860895767743_n (resized).jpg
AEA8576E-3F5C-49E3-B2C7-00ECA322C796 (resized).jpeg
C1DF8539-E0F7-4F4B-9DBE-6C563D7B9C4B (resized).jpeg

There are 1,475 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 30.
#101 2 years ago

The only real positive in this is that since the special relationship between Homepin and the AussieArcade purple circle has soured, the machine will actually be judged on its own merits this time.

So unlike TBAG it won't have any early fake reviews emanating from Australia/New Zealand via AussieArcade bottom feeders claiming it to be one step away from perfection in order to induce sales to pinsiders in the Northern Hemisphere.

Quoted from oldskool1969:

What happens when CCP takes over Taiwan?
I definitely wouldn't put a deposit down based on this alone. yeah right!

Given his backstory in business I would never have put any money down from the beginning.

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

but Thunderbirds is one of the worst

Sorry but I disagree

#103 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

"Contractually obligated to present"?
That makes it sound like they were forced to do something.

No, its a phrase from the original spinal tap poster

TAP poster (resized).jpgTAP poster (resized).jpg

#104 2 years ago

If this pin were a band member, it would be the drummer. That's my guess.

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don’t get that at all. I mean, homepin is anything BUT racists.

No idea if I read your statement right as you've edited it since I initially read....but Homepin not racist?!?

Admits calling people the "n" word.

22368969_1146368025464509_1662436740_o (resized).jpg22368969_1146368025464509_1662436740_o (resized).jpg
#107 2 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

No idea if I read your statement right as you've edited it since I initially read....but Homepin not racist?!?
[quoted image]

Pretty much all of Levi's comments are direct quotes from the movie, including that one.
He's making a joke, not defending Homepin.

#108 2 years ago

Mikes married to an Asian. Racists dont do that..

Why has this been allowed to get personal?

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Exploding drummer, if true, could be similar to the castle in MM.

I wouldn't be surprised if they just rip off the playfield design from Medieval Madnes. The images of the porche have they made looks like it is a rip off from Firepower playfield

images.jpeg-308 (resized).jpgimages.jpeg-308 (resized).jpg
#110 2 years ago

I would be fine with a Spinal Tap remake of Attack From Mars.

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

The images of the porche have they made looks like it is a rip off from Firepower playfield

I heard that was made to order and not necessarily homepin’s design. AC/DC is a rework of T2. No doubt SR will rehash a playfield design for JJP too. I don’t read anything into it.

#112 2 years ago
46F09C5B-F028-4A5A-8F01-43872C10D9D1 (resized).jpeg46F09C5B-F028-4A5A-8F01-43872C10D9D1 (resized).jpeg
#113 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

Unfortunately when you put enough shit on people online they return you the favour... Over and over.

Being an asshole has consequences. It will not be long and this thread will turn to shit.

#114 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Unfortunately when you put enough shit on people online they return you the favour... Over and over.
Being an asshole has consequences. It will not be long and this thread will turn to shit.

I think it already has

#115 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

Are you kidding? I have no idea if he's racist or not, but from personal experience, I can say that generally speaking, Asians in Asia as a society are extremely racist. Ask Koreans about how they feel about Japanese, or Japanese about Koreans or Chinese about Japanese. There's a HUGE amount of inter-Asian racism. Also, they are casually racist about things like black people that they don't have day to day exposure to. I remember seeing an OVERTLY racist commercial in Japan for a pest service where they had a black guy dressed up as a cockroach in actual BLACKFACE. It was nationally broadcast A LOT. They didn't think anything of it.

So yeah, marrying an Asian doesn't relieve someone of the suspicion of being racist, especially if they've said or done racist things.

Japan's NHK making a cartoon to try to explain what Black Lives Matter was about to their Japanese audience and pretty much completely missing the point shows how oblivious they are to the issue they are observing from afar (click CC for English subtitles):

#116 2 years ago

Are there actually any Spinal Tap fans in this thread?! Besides RCA and Fam Arcade...

#117 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Are there actually any Spinal Tap fans in this thread?! Besides RCA and Fam Arcade...

As soon as people see Homopin.. It is usually on!

#118 2 years ago

How much Sharper can Flipper Buttons Be???

And the answer is....

None....none more Sharp.

#119 2 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

[quoted image]

LOL

#121 2 years ago

Homepin’s next game now officially revealed : SPINAL TAP !

PinballSTAR is the USA distributor for Homepin.

Are you ready to take your pinball experience to 11 ? If so and you want to know the details when revealed - pictures, features, video, pricing, ordering info - then you have to be on our email blast list !

Email Joe at [email protected] to get added to our interested / email blast list.

A14E9FB6-66DB-4566-8927-83DBAD07D481 (resized).jpegA14E9FB6-66DB-4566-8927-83DBAD07D481 (resized).jpeg
#122 2 years ago

mehhh,

he doesn't post in Australia any more nor Pinside so only UK's PinballInfo as far as I know

https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/homepin-new-licenced-theme-new-staff.49424/page-5

reckons he is booked out with orders until March / April next year

#123 2 years ago

Funny thing is that 95% off the people responding here never ever seen a thunderbirds in real life or owned one.Only 120-150 are made . Did it play like Shit yes it did , code was simple and annoying but I still own it . And if you look at some really good things Homepin have put in there machine. Like the rolling assy to get the playfield out,playfield lock etc and the build qual is really good! Some things other manufacturers could also put in there games.

Spinal tap may not be my theme but I really like to see where it’s priced and what they did with the theme . If the want to achieve a better status they need to step up there advertisement as the game is almost on the market and nobody even heard about it. Also hope they don’t make the same stupid mistake to make only a handfull of exclusive distributeurs

#124 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Spinal tap may not be my theme but I really like to see where it’s priced and what they did with the theme . If the want to achieve a better status they need to step up there advertisement as the game is almost on the market and nobody even heard about it. Also hope they don’t make the same stupid mistake to make only a handfull of exclusive distributeurs

They had Balcer involved with this title, but he's apparently gone from Homepin already, so the question is, how much was he involved with this title? Did he do the design and bail? Or was he gone mid-job? Even if Homepin executed his completed design, who is doing the code? There's still a lot left to be known.

And yes, Homepin needs serious help with their marketing. Even the announcement graphic was...underwhelming. But I'm at least interested in seeing what Balcer delivered. I actually wanted to see their chinese ghost-themed pin that will never be released, too.

#125 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

And yes, Homepin needs serious help with their marketing. Even the announcement graphic was...underwhelming. .

Dont worry, Homepin has his Aussie cheer squad fired up and ready to slay those naysayers

#126 2 years ago

9700 They charge for the machine.... FFS that’s the price almost of a LE stern/JJP

Must be a hell of a game then to get in those waters

Hope he used gold ramps

#127 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Funny thing is that 95% off the people responding here never ever seen a thunderbirds in real life or owned one.Only 120-150 are made . Did it play like Shit yes it did , code was simple and annoying but I still own it . And if you look at some really good things Homepin have put in there machine. Like the rolling assy to get the playfield out,playfield lock etc and the build qual is really good! Some things other manufacturers could also put in there games.

The reason there are a handful of distros is because most distros do not want to deal with them.

Commiserations on owning a Thunderturd. It is the only game in the history of pinball that I will ever put shit on. You will probably have to pay someone to take it away as no one will ever want to buy it from you. Yes I have played it, a fair bit when if it was going properly.

#128 2 years ago

The reason there are a handful of distros is because most distros do not want to deal with them.
Commiserations on owning a Thunderturd. It is the only game in the history of pinball that I will ever put shit on. You will probably have to pay someone to take it away as no one will ever want to buy it from you. Yes I have played it, a fair bit when if it was going properly.

Thunderbirds is very rare in the US because no one bought it here once the truth was out about it, so I have a morbid desire to buy one, play it, and sell it just so I have had firsthand experience with one. There was one that was "touring" the US for about $3500, then $3300, then $3000, then $2700 as buyer after buyer flipped it. Still probably a little high, but I'd take one at $3000 delivered (which would be $2500 + shipping) max so I wouldn't lose too much on a flip.

#129 2 years ago

My kids love it as it’s not deep just beat the flippers and play. If you can buy one for 3k do it

#130 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

If you can buy one for 3k do it

I don't think so!

#131 2 years ago

Cmon you know you want it..

INTERNATIONAL RESCUE!!!!

0EF36B24-7EDC-4285-8F6E-85907AD22A17 (resized).jpeg0EF36B24-7EDC-4285-8F6E-85907AD22A17 (resized).jpeg
#132 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Commiserations on owning a Thunderturd. It is the only game in the history of pinball that I will ever put shit on. You will probably have to pay someone to take it away too. Yes I have played it, a fair bit when it was going properly.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Thunderbirds is very rare in the US because no one bought it here once the truth was out about it, so I have a morbid desire to buy one, play it, and sell it just so I have had firsthand experience with one. There was one that was "touring" the US for about $3500, then $3300, then $3000, then $2700 as buyer after buyer flipped it. Still probably a little high, but I'd take one at $3000 delivered (which would be $2500 + shipping) max so I wouldn't lose too much on a flip.

What about all the time you will waste to realise that you should never have bought the game in the first place? (Sarcasm!)

#133 2 years ago

Back on topic ! Anybody got some pictures of the playfield?

#134 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Back on topic ! Anybody got some pictures of the playfield?

maybe

#135 2 years ago

It will not be long and this thread will turn to shit.

Or a shit sandwich.

#136 2 years ago
Quoted from TheGiggler:

Or a shit sandwich.

#137 2 years ago
Quoted from TheGiggler:

Or a shit sandwich.

Yep... this thread is all about turds.

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

Maybe an in joke regarding a real life law suit involving the band, though I can't imagine the license holders going for that.
See below:
https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/creators-of-spinal-tap-to-turn-dial-to-11-in-400m-lawsuit-1.2967873

They made a settlement and I think the members of the 'band' now own the rights to Spinal Tap and this is probably the start of a revival of the brand

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/spinal-tap-creators-settle-rights-dispute-with-studiocanal-4063100/

#139 2 years ago

Whatever happened to that Chinese Zombies game?

I’ve played Thunderbirds so obviously I am extremely wary about anything else they produce. I’ll let the FOMO crowd take this one.

#140 2 years ago

I’m with the NFOMO

#141 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No...I mean, if you look at Homepin, the rubbish they did early on, it was stupid.
I'm sure they are taking a more sophisticated view towards pinball now.

Quoted from Hypercoaster:

Need to add a poll for whose board-set they ripped off this time!

I hope he's produced his own pinball system for Spinal Tap. The old one he used was a piece of rubbish.
Homepin produced his own boardset and mechs for the TAG game as he is for Spinal Tap.

Homepin is now based in Taiwan, the capital of electronics, so he should be able to find the talent he needs to make this game even better.

#142 2 years ago
Quoted from TheGiggler:

Or a shit sandwich.

They can't print that can they?!

#143 2 years ago

Was the pinheck board design used for Thunderbirds?

#144 2 years ago
HandsomeTatteredCrab-max-1mb.gifHandsomeTatteredCrab-max-1mb.gif
#145 2 years ago

ive got the spinal tap record, bought it at a thrift store like 25 years ago for 50 cents

#146 2 years ago

Quite exciting, this pinball magic

#147 2 years ago

No playfield images? This is my fault, guys, my fault.

Do me a favor and kick my ass, will ya? Just kick my ass!

18FA8E82-E065-425D-A7DF-7C69556D9667.gif18FA8E82-E065-425D-A7DF-7C69556D9667.gif
#148 2 years ago

We are unlikely to see any playfield images due to lack of advertising funds.

#149 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Movie clips on the LCD, Scores on the DMD. That’s my guess.

I'd guess the same: scores and instructions on the DMD, clips at the LCD. It's way easier to have some clips played at certain events without having to put scores, information, custom animation, etc. in those clips on the LCD. Just look at how much work is in the JJP complete display 'package': that really takes a lot of work. So your guess would be my guess as well. With a lower budget or no availability of animation artists and programmers to make a total package, I can understand that choice (if we're correct). I'm curious how it will turn out.

#150 2 years ago

The movie is a true classic and probably one of the most quotable.. although there is some real meta-irony going on here as it's being made by Homepin...

There are 1,475 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepins-spinal-tap/page/3?hl=dantesmark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.