IMG_4555 (resized).jpeg
Screen-Shot-2016-08-09-at-5.56.01-PM-1 (1) (resized).png
images (1) (resized).jpg
20230916_092647 (resized).jpg
IMG_6233 (resized).jpeg
355856304_697356105736402_5391198079879870950_n (resized).jpg
347397333_637333801120904_2232225860895767743_n (resized).jpg
AEA8576E-3F5C-49E3-B2C7-00ECA322C796 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,479 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 30.
#51 2 years ago

Volume on AP machines have always gone to 11

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I hope it’s built to specifications. [quoted image]

It will be built to specs….question is whose specs. But the LE has to be the “None more black” version.

#53 2 years ago

Homepin has been dropping these teasers all month.

227246682_1002849773820499_4009121679741641824_n (resized).jpg227246682_1002849773820499_4009121679741641824_n (resized).jpg
#54 2 years ago

The way that flyer is worded makes me wonder about the amount of assets Homepin has.

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

The way that flyer is worded makes me wonder about the amount of assets Homepin has.

The wording is a joke.

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from Thermionic:

If it were Spooky, AP, CGC, Haggis, or Stern making the announcement I’d almost be jumping for joy at this point!
With HP however, I admit I balk a little. I doubt I am alone in remembering how condescending and nasty things got for a time here on the forum. On the other hand this company has, in fact, “put its money where its mouth is” and successfully designed, built, and sold at least some quantity of Thunderbirds machines, an accomplishment that shouldn’t be overlooked in this era of pinball crooks and charlatans!
I mean, obviously T’birds isn’t likely to crack the “Top 100”, but I have to give credit where credit is due: it is a fully-baked, playable machine which does have some redeeming qualities in theme, game play, and art/appearance, and I don’t get the impression that it has been a QC and/or playfield catastrophe. As far as I am concerned, that is a genuinely laudable achievement and they have earned some goodwill on my part, regardless of any personality disorders that may exist behind the scenes.
Will definitely loom large on my radar despite my slight reservations! I truly hope they hit a grand slam with this and establish themselves as a genuine “major player” in the industry.

OMG a thousand times this. This is kind of my worst nightmare. This is my absolute grail theme and it’s being made by Homepin, who did not inspire with Thunderbirds. But they did get a game out, and if they get Spinal Tap out, and it’s decent, I’m buying it.

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

What came first? Houdini or TNA?

#58 2 years ago

Isn't is rumored that Joe Balcer recently designed a game for Homepin?

Edit: looks like not a rumor.

Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 12.35.42 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-31 at 12.35.42 PM (resized).png
#59 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Isn't is rumored that Joe Balcer recently designed a game for Homepin?
Edit: looks like not a rumor.[quoted image]

I think it was actually Joe “Mama” Besser.

#60 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What came first? Houdini or TNA?

I know we talked about it, as Scott and I have been friends for years, but I don't recall who brought it up first, but we thought it would be fun if both games had it. Of course a lot of folks don't know it goes to 11, and 11 is quite a bit louder that 10, as it should be.

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Of course a lot of folks don't know it goes to 11, and 11 is quite a bit louder that 10, as it should be.

qeiKItv.gifqeiKItv.gif
#62 2 years ago

When I saw Spinal Tap was coming I was excited, hoping it was a Stern boutique pin, I'm confident they could have done a great job. But since homepin is making it, I think it would have been better titled as Forgone Conclusion.

#63 2 years ago

If you drive a Tesla, then you know their volume goes to 11.... only reason I bought 2......

#64 2 years ago

Spinal Tap is one of the greatest comedies of all time...but Thunderbirds is one of the worst games I've ever played.

Mixed feelings, but obviously hoping for the best!

#65 2 years ago

All I know is it better have a giant ass come up in the middle of the playfield (Iron Man style) for Big Bottom multiball and a “set Derek free” mode where you bash a space pod to release him (or balls for MB).

#66 2 years ago

Has the MSRP been announced?

#67 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Has the MSRP been announced?

I wouldn't be too hopeful it's going to be cheap.

Do you have any idea what it will cost to outfit the entire band as animals?

#68 2 years ago
330px-Spinal_Tap_-_Up_to_Eleven (resized).jpg330px-Spinal_Tap_-_Up_to_Eleven (resized).jpg
#69 2 years ago

I wonder if it'll have the Thunderbirds plastic lockdown bar and wonky flipper buttons?

#70 2 years ago

Already showed the metal lockdown bar on their Facebook page
Pretty sure they are using "standard" buttons now too

Hopefully they've learned from Thunderbirds....

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I wonder if it'll have the Thunderbirds plastic lockdown bar and wonky flipper buttons?

No...I mean, if you look at Homepin, the rubbish they did early on, it was stupid.

I'm sure they are taking a more sophisticated view towards pinball now.

#72 2 years ago

Maybe I’m grasping at straws, but I take this bit of levity to be a good sign that the HP folks are sufficiently enthusiastic and “invested” in the project to have a little fun with it. Happy factory = happy pinball machines!

Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

OMG a thousand times this. This is kind of my worst nightmare. This is my absolute grail theme and it’s being made by Homepin, who did not inspire with Thunderbirds. But they did get a game out, and if they get Spinal Tap out, and it’s decent, I’m buying it.

Unlike T’birds (a very obscure theme in the U.S.), I really think this will be as “safe” a buy as anything else, even if we don’t end up loving the game. Spinal Tap is a great example of a long-time cult-classic that eventually found a much wider audience and evolved to become a much bigger and more beloved pop culture phenomenon than anyone would have initially predicted, so I would expect this to attract some wider interest (and possible market for resale) beyond just pinball hobbyists. (In fact, off the top of my head I can think of at least three people I know who are ambivalent about pinball but will go absolutely nuts over this one due to the theme alone.)

#73 2 years ago

I love Spinal Tap. Have watched it many times and love the humor. At one time many years ago, I had the soundtrack on cassette. Not sure where that went.
However, Spinal Tap is not at all recent, and pretty niche in the US.
Is the movie well known in Europe or anywhere else?

#74 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I love Spinal Tap. Have watched it many times and love the humor. At one time many years ago, I had the soundtrack on cassette. Not sure where that went.

I wouldn't worry much about Europe. It's not much of a college town.

#75 2 years ago

I saw spinal tap in concert about 20 years ago. They were considered "old" in the movie. As I recall, they had a joke at the concert that the show was sponsored by a fake brand of adult diapers. Here we are twenty years later... What kind of old jokes do you do now?

#76 2 years ago

DMD and LCD, how does that work? Maybe the DMD is under the glass?

#77 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I wouldn't worry much about Europe. It's not much of a college town.

Didn't see that coming. I was expecting a joke about their appeal becoming more selective.

#78 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I don't have concerns on buying a game from Homepin

5D58FC4C-8CC4-40A8-BCBA-8521225B1BA3.gif5D58FC4C-8CC4-40A8-BCBA-8521225B1BA3.gif
#79 2 years ago

If this title were being made by almost anyone else I would be super excited and probably be yelling take my money now.

But it’s home pin. That guy is an ass hole. I’m not supporting that and no one has had any positive things to say about thunderbirds.

It’s a shame too. Spinal tap is a great theme.
I saw them on the break like the wind tour.

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Dot matrix animation on an LCD screen maybe?

#81 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

They're big in Japan.

#82 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Movie clips on the LCD, Scores on the DMD. That’s my guess.

#84 2 years ago

Mike posted these pics over on Pinball Info;

1630057631727 (resized).jpeg1630057631727 (resized).jpeg1630371880422 (resized).jpeg1630371880422 (resized).jpeg
#85 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Is Balcer not at American?

Long gone. And I read he already came and went from Homepin

#86 2 years ago

NO F***ING WAY

#87 2 years ago

I'm in for a CE....it has to be #11.

#88 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I wouldn't be too hopeful it's going to be cheap.
Do you have any idea what it will cost to outfit the entire band as animals?

And they get the bigger dressing room!

#89 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No...I mean, if you look at Homepin, the rubbish they did early on, it was stupid.
I'm sure they are taking a more sophisticated view towards pinball now.

And putting it on a farm? If they’re serious about sophistication, they’ll be growing Electric Bananas.

#90 2 years ago

In all seriousness, I hope they can find a way to get some of the unused scenes in the pin somehow. Maybe a Criterion Collection Wizard mode.

And of course, Jazz Odyssey.

#91 2 years ago

Theme is an epic win.. manufacturer… um has a lot to prove!

#92 2 years ago

Need to add a poll for whose board-set they ripped off this time!

#93 2 years ago

Thunderbirds is a contender for 'jankiest ever game that I actually quite like'.

#94 2 years ago

Exploding drummer, if true, could be similar to the castle in MM.

#95 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

And putting it on a farm? If they’re serious about sophistication, they’ll be growing Electric Bananas.

Preserved moose under glass

#96 2 years ago

What happens when CCP takes over Taiwan?
I definitely wouldn't put a deposit down based on this alone. yeah right!

#97 2 years ago

No one....and I mean NO ONE is talking about this down under (here in Australia).

On none of the forums, Facebook pages....anywhere!!

There's a reason for that.....no idea why you blokes are. Guy is a bigot and homophobe, will never support him or his products, no matter what.

#98 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

And way better product and service to boot. You got my money. HP won’t.

#99 2 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Spinal Tap is one of the greatest comedies of all time...

I thought you were going to say and so is Thunderbirds

#100 2 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

No one....and I mean NO ONE is talking about this down under (here in Australia).
On none of the forums, Facebook pages....anywhere!!
There's a reason for that.....no idea why you blokes are. Guy is a bigot and homophobe, will never support him or his products, no matter what.

I don’t get that at all. I mean, homepin is anything BUT racists.

They say “love thy brother.”

Well, they don’t literally say it; they don’t literally mean it, either. But they want that message to be clear.

There are 1,479 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepins-spinal-tap/page/2?hl=hypercoaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.