9A368A3E-4464-4FC6-8EBC-80C66EB2BBEA (resized).jpeg
D8FC2F37-E92A-4401-80CC-C5D27D766747 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 8.27.44 AM (resized).png
Dead parrot (resized).png
SPINALCRAP (resized).JPG
sharksandw (resized).jpg
Happy Explosion (resized).png
e0093c309865c48b43c3bb87293cc463ddc86f19 (resized).jpg

There are 1,043 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 21.
#1001 3 days ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

I havent seen the game, I dont really care if you like it but its nice that in amongst crossing off the full troll bingo card of everyone who shat on everything mike ever did before and has ever so keenly waited to do it again ( in one special needs case even wheeling out the vpn and one his fake accounts to do it twice) there is some nice constructive feedback here from actual intelligent people. Hopefully it helps mike build a better mousetrap for the trolls to shit on again.

Or maybe Mike just makes really shitty pinball machines and no one owes him sycophancy? This is a site full of pinball lovers. Pinball lovers who often actually like horrible games…so, your game has to be 100% irredeemable to get this reaction. That’s on the game, not the people.

#1002 3 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Or maybe Mike just makes really shitty pinball machines and no one owes him sycophancy? This is a site full of pinball lovers. Pinball lovers who often actually like horrible games…so, your game has to be 100% irredeemable to get this reaction. That’s on the game, not the people.

yes, there are some on here that actually own SF2 and Xfiles, so the sky is the limit.

#1003 3 days ago

The reality is that they were sitting between their competitors.

Stern on one side and Haggis on the other.

The direct answer to the direct question was $14,750au for Spinal Tap

One one side was Haggis, who make the best quality machines i've ever seen;

hp1 (resized).PNG

On the other side was AMD, Stern in Australia;

st1 (resized).PNG

Wellllll.....

giphy (2).gif

I played one game on ST all weekend, and i plunged the third ball.

To those suggesting power was the problem, i took six machines down there and they all played as the do at home, including Tron.

#1004 3 days ago

At $14750AUD, you will be lucky to sell one Highway / Homepin - good luck

#1005 3 days ago

I wonder what happened between 8th June and 11th August when they got psent - must of been celebrating and not testing.

Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 6.39.56 am (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-09-22 at 6.43.10 am (resized).png

#1006 3 days ago
Quoted from highwaygames:

Pinfest was the launch of the “samples”, machines that need to be tested in pinball environment by pinball players. It’s why the decision was made to send the machines to Pinfest.

From the very first game I played I could see the software was not finished/polished, and discussions with Mike confirmed that the software was being upgraded – that after the show, he was travelling to visit the programmer so that they can upgrade the machine code.

So Toxic Mike didn't tell you, the distributor, that the code wasn't finished until you played the game and found it out yourself? WOW

Then it takes you a week to come up with a damage control post yourself because Toxic Mike won't promote, defend, or explain his product.

I think your new idea that the games were sample machines sent for playtesting is absolute rubbish, no one is buying that. It was The Official Release and it went very badly.

Here is a quote from the Homepin Factory website.
"The official release date and place (approved by Spinal Tap LLC) will be Newcastle Pinfest Australia, 17 & 18th September 2022."

There is no update after that saying the games being sent were test games, and you admit yourself that you didn't know the code was unfinished until you played. OK maybe he can fix the code, but that was just one of the many things wrong with this game and there has been no mention of fixing anything else.
I guess these two "sample" games are now sitting in your warehouse waiting for code updates before going on sale to the public with the hardware unchanged.
I feel badly for anyone who buys one of these for over $14k, if anyone does.

I remember when Mike (before he became so toxic) first revealed that he was going to make his own branded pinball machines. He went on to attack all other manufacturers and any problems or issues that they had. He was going to do everything so much better and would never stoop so low to make the mistakes that the other inferior manufacturers had made. I felt embarrassed as an Australian to have him unveil his insane ego in public. But I was still hopeful he would succeed. Not so much now.

Now I just wish he would give up, he seems to be determined to undermine his own efforts and fail, and he will. Then both Mike and his mate Wiredoug will blame the "trolls" LOL. He would do everyone in pinball a favor if he just stopped trying to make pinballs and went back to focusing on making replacement boards etc.

I'm glad that we have a new Australian manufacturer showing the world that we can make a great product here and present it with a positive and friendly attitude

#1007 3 days ago

A great 'get out of jail free card'
If a launch goes bad or pin shows build issues just shout Prototype!
I beleive JJP did the same with GnR

#1008 3 days ago

Aud$14k is a big ask. I assumed it would be cheaper here for some reason. Wasn’t TBAG cheaper in OZ? Maybe sub $aud10k and theyd have a better chance. Maybe.

#1009 3 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Aud$14k is a big ask. I assumed it would be cheaper here for some reason. Wasn’t TBAG cheaper in OZ? Maybe sub $aud10k and theyd have a better chance. Maybe.

TBAG launch price was $5432.10 AUD and then think went to around $7k & then 9k over the years

But his original hope was a kit machine that father and son could assemble together - now it higher than proven manufacturers and no longer recognised as an Australian manufacturer

stick to repro parts Homepin

#1010 3 days ago

That's a nice hope. It's pretty obvious the guys heart is in the right place and he's into pinball for the same reasons nearly all of us are, the love of pinball.

I'm also told that his boards and stuff are highly respected and sell well.

Sometimes there's just things we can't do. For me it's baking bread, sharpening knives without a jig and playing the harmonica.

Seems for them it's making pinballs,.

#1011 3 days ago

With an exchange rate of $0.66, the price of Spinal Tap Pinball in Australia will be over $14,000aud. Flipper power, will give you a report once the machines have been adjusted and new firmware updated.

Thank god I finished my coffee before reading this!!

This is the same as a Stern LE price if I'm not wrong.baaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

#1012 3 days ago
Quoted from jardine:

Thank god I finished my coffee before reading this!!
This is the same as a Stern LE price if I'm not wrong.baaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Next Stern LE will be over $17k I’m assuming. $14k is closer to Premium price now. Still way too much.

#1013 3 days ago

We are not here to make excuses for Homepin, but they did relocate from China to Taiwan, restarted their tooling/manufacturing. I am not sure how many pinball enthusiasts are located in Taiwan, but I would guarantee its a different situation if the machines were being built/tested in Australia/USA. Ideally the machines should have come to our office months before Pinfest but ultimately, the errors will be solved.
With an exchange rate of $0.66, the price of Spinal Tap Pinball in Australia will be over $14,000aud. Flipper power, will give you a report once the machines have been adjusted and new firmware updated.

About $ 9250 USD. What a deal for us.

#1014 3 days ago
Quoted from hank527:

TNA, all day every day.

#1015 3 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

I played one game on ST all weekend, and i plunged the third ball.

A lot of games are already fighting for the acronym ST. Let’s call this STAP, as in “Homepin, please STAP!!”

#1016 3 days ago

well if Thunderbirds is Tbag. shouldn't this just be Sbag?

#1017 3 days ago

Better effort!!

#1018 3 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Same ol’ wiredoug…

On a positive note, the rest of the Aussie pinball scene has diversified itself and subsequently evolved for the better over the last few years.

#1019 3 days ago
Quoted from hank527:

Should never have asked more than. $7-8k even if there was very little profit. Can't ask Stern premium price for this...

#1020 3 days ago

Homepin posted just 3hrs ago (22-9-22) a few conflicting comments - first 2 games were the first 2 production games (not proto-types) and then shipped a couple of months ago but was 2nd week of August. Who knows what the real truth is.

Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 3.12.39 pm (resized).png

#1021 3 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

Homepin posted just 3hrs ago (22-9-22) a few conflicting comments - first 2 games were the first 2 production games (not proto-types) and then shipped a couple of months ago but was 2nd week of August. Who knows what the real truth is.
[quoted image]

You forgot to mention the 1st sentence.

#1022 3 days ago
Quoted from RGR:

You forgot to mention the 1st sentence.

true...

#1023 3 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

[quoted image]

LOL, they’re not shipping until mid ‘23?!?! They’re going to sell ZERO of these at that price & that timeline. Any sane pinball buyer will just go get a Stern, Spooky, JJP, or CGC for less & have it sooner.

#1024 3 days ago

So the two broken "sample" machines were pre-sold and apparently so is every machine that they will be producing between now and Feb "23

Orders placed NOW won't be shipped until after mid-year, is the factory closing for March/April/May?

I'm glad that Mike is so happy with how his "launch" ummmm test run went, I just hope that all the people who have lined up and dropped a deposit before they saw the game or knew the price is also happy.

I wonder how many people he is talking about? that's 4 months of production that is apparently pre-sold, how many a month do you think he will be producing?

#1025 2 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL, they’re not shipping until mid ‘23?!?! They’re going to sell ZERO of these at that price & that timeline. Any sane pinball buyer will just go get a Stern, Spooky, JJP, or CGC for less & have it sooner.

They are all SOLD OUT until mid 2023…

Huge success. Just huge. Marketing? We don’t need no stinking marketing!

#1026 2 days ago
Quoted from Rat:

I wonder how many people he is talking about? that's 4 months of production that is apparently pre-sold, how many a month do you think he will be producing?

If any are pre sold, they’re sold to his distributors, who will then sit on these games FOREVER.

#1027 2 days ago

there are a LOT of people in china. So maybe china will now have arcades with 1 pin in them?

#1028 2 days ago

The machines were super late to arrive to Australia. Homepin were trying to assemble these 2 units so that we could make the show and needed to do some fast assembly of balance parts (the drum set that was hot glued will not ship like this).
As we mentioned elsewhere, it was a big thanks to “Bill and his big ass van” (https://www.facebook.com/pinballmovers) who waited hours at the freight forwarders in Sydney to make sure Spinal Tap Pinball machines were available for Pinfest. The machine literally went from the forwarders directly to the show where Mike then attended to update parts and install the Topper.
Pinfest was the launch of the “samples”, machines that need to be tested in pinball environment by pinball players. It’s why the decision was made to send the machines to Pinfest.
From the very first game I played I could see the software was not finished/polished, and discussions with Mike confirmed that the software was being upgraded – that after the show, he was travelling to visit the programmer so that they can upgrade the machine code. We made a good report from feedback of players at the show (I may have asked your personally), including things that I also found that needed to be fixed. We are all pinball players and can quickly work out the issues. The good thing is that the machine can be software upgraded easily via laptop once new firmware is released.
Please review below the troubles and reasons for some poor performances;
- On the first day of the show, both machines fuses were being tripped in the morning. Mike purchased fuses locally, replaced all and for the rest of the show the machines worked without blowing fuses.
- When the fuses were tripped, it also reset the memory. When it did this, it dropped all the voltage powers to various components in the machine (component power can be adjusted from the menu system for various parts). From this, solve the memory issue, make the default power higher. We found this issue a little later when some outholes were not kicking the balls out smoothly.
- The ball save function was not working. It meant that the game finished very quickly. After inspection, we found that the programmer had not saved the full adjustment and left a 5sec maximum ball save. Unfortunately we could not solve during the show.
- The software sequence was wrong on some game functions. The balls were slow to launch – it was because the game software was making you watch or listen to music/video before the next ball was launched. Very annoying. Easy to fix, so once the ball is lost, kick the next ball out (together with starting the video/music) and once the ball is launched cut any balance video/music sequence and start the game play.
- software adjustments needed for various parts of the game. These will solve issues where the ball was stuck in the “Hell Hole” for example.
- The circlip failed in the POD multiball mechanisms. This will be replaced with split pin solution.
- Whilst opening/closing the head box during the event, a HDMI cable was damaged taking out the graphics component on the board. Its why one of the machines monitors was out of action on the Sunday. Solution is to re-route the cable and modify cabinet for better protection.
With regards to Pinfest, its great. It allows people to play both the latest machines and well as donated machines for the show. Its also crucial for manufacturers such as a Homepin to get real play data – Spinal Tap was played non stop from the morning to late in the evenings. This data is invaluable so that errors/problems can be found before the machines go into general release. The main thing, making sure all hardware is perfect prior to shipping as the software can easily be updated constantly.
So it’s a bit of a Catch 22, show samples at a Pinball Festival and get real/live data but acknowledge that some items need to be updated – or, send the machine to an agent who will have a closed session event, private, but not receive true/live data (well, not as brutal).
On a side note, we always do our testing at Pinfest Newcastle – when Arcooda was prototyping Android virtual pinball machines, we showed an Android pinball machine 6 years ago which we were super happy with. Worked perfectly in our workshop with custom code interfacing Pinball Arcade with coils/etc. During the show however, we started seeing the games slow right down with game lag never experienced before – what had happened is that after heavy game play, the android motherboard overheated causing performance issues. The reason for this story is that unless we showed the machine at Pinfest, we would have never found the issue until people used the machines in heavy play environment.
Homepin is working on updating the software code and once finished, we will handle site testing, and then, machines become available for general release.
For people worried about quality of the machine, Homepin is offering Lifetime warranty on all PCBs, just return to your distributor for repair/exchange. With regards to all other parts, Homepin offers 12 months warranty – it means you can operate the machine in venue or keep at home and all parts are covered. If you sell your machine, the remaining warranty is transferrable. Long term wise, Homepin parts agents are available in Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada and USA. You are covered.
I am not trying to be a salesman here, but there is a significant waiting time as there are already pre-orders in place. If you are genuinely interested to purchase, please reach out to us (via https://www.spinaltappinball.com/contact-us/) and we will keep you informed. Customers in Australia will expect to receive their machines in February 2023.
We hope to share videos of game play, features and promo details next month.

So they weren't even close to ready, and that is what was presented for the all important first impression? Yikes!

#1029 2 days ago
Quoted from srt-8:

All our machines are working fine there ... no power problems

Yeah, if it were power issues games wouldn't have weak flippers, they would be rebooting and crashing or not starting at all.

#1030 2 days ago
Quoted from homebrood:

Yeah, if it were power issues games wouldn't have weak flippers, they would be rebooting and crashing or not starting at all.

Not really. Different power circuits in the games. And many modern games use a completely different power supply for high voltage circuits than the 5V stuff.

#1031 2 days ago
Quoted from homebrood:

No, the weak flipper thing is true. Happens at a lot of pinball shows

#1032 2 days ago

Didn't happen at this one.

#1033 2 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Imagine putting down a deposit on this and sitting until next June?

#1034 2 days ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

there are a LOT of people in china. So maybe china will now have arcades with 1 pin in them?

Mike is not in China anymore, if he was true to his style when he left he will have burned all his bridges behind him and won't be selling to China, and he has probably been banned from all their forums and WeChat.

I pointed out on his Homepin Factory FB post that it actually took 4 weeks and 5 days for the machines to get there, not a couple of months as he is stating now. At that stage when they left for their destination Pinfest was still the Official Release with games ready to order, not early testing games.

His reaction, as expected, was to delete my post and block me from his page. Funny really, because I remember BITD before he was banned from the Aussie Arcade forum he would rant on and on there about how much he hated Facebook and how would never use it. He made it very obvious that he felt he was vastly superior to Facebook users.

I really should just step away from this trainwreck now.

I hope no-one is left disapointed by their purchase of TAP. I would suggest no-one buys one before playing or at least before seeing an independent video review.

#1035 2 days ago
Quoted from Rat:

Mike is not in China anymore, if he was true to his style when he left he will have burned all his bridges behind him and won't be selling to China, and he has probably been banned from all their forums and WeChat.
I pointed out on his Homepin Factory FB post that it actually took 4 weeks and 5 days for the machines to get there, not a couple of months as he is stating now. At that stage when they left for their destination Pinfest was still the Official Release with games ready to order, not early testing games.
His reaction, as expected, was to delete my post and block me from his page. Funny really, because I remember BITD before he was banned from the Aussie Arcade forum he would rant on and on there about how much he hated Facebook and how would never use it. He made it very obvious that he felt he was vastly superior to Facebook users.
I really should just step away from this trainwreck now.
I hope no-one is left disapointed by their purchase of TAP. I would suggest no-one buys one before playing or at least before seeing an independent video review.

yes, his statements are conflicting and he doesn't like that identified, he is a ranter and thinks he is above everyone else, a number of years ago would bagged out JJP, Stern and the like on their design faults but doesn't like it in return.

He:
- hates paypal (paypus)
- hates facebook
- left / pushed out of aussie pinball forum because of product issues (balls and arcades)
- left / pushed out of aussie arcade forum because of issues (now no one is allowed to talk about him or his games)
- left pinside forum because people reviewed his 1st game not to his liking
- was with pinballinfo forum in the uk but has not been back for a while and looks like that would of been his best option for promoting TAP

he is a copy cat designer and nothing really original - great at reproduction pcb's, etc but should forget pinball machines

#1036 2 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

No, the weak flipper thing is true. Happens at a lot of pinball shows

On older games with linear power supplies. Switching power supplies don't sag. Spike2 games have no problems at shows.

#1037 2 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

- hates facebook
- left / pushed out of aussie arcade forum because of issues (now no one is allowed to talk about him or his games)
- hates paypal (paypus)

C'mon Jady, there's 100 of us in that club

laughing-gif-14.gif

#1038 2 days ago
Quoted from metallik:

On older games with linear power supplies. Switching power supplies don't sag. Spike2 games have no problems at shows.

yes and I also specifically said it didn't affect Stern games

this thing uses a transformer, not a modern switching power supply

#1039 2 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

- was with pinballinfo forum in the uk but has not been back for a while and looks like that would of been his best option for promoting TAP

No point in being on a UK forum when he does not have a UK distributor

#1040 2 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

C'mon Jady, there's 100 of us in that club
[quoted image]

haha

#1041 2 days ago

I'm waiting for the follow up:

afe573f9c74ba5d76ad763dd2a38b1dc-glove-taps (resized).jpg
#1042 2 days ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

They are all SOLD OUT until mid 2023…
Huge success. Just huge. Marketing? We don’t need no stinking marketing!

We sold ALL 10 MACHINES that we will be producing until mid 2023!

#1043 1 day ago

First thunder turds, now spinal crap.

I see a trend forming.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 7.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
There are 1,043 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!