IMG_4555 (resized).jpeg
Screen-Shot-2016-08-09-at-5.56.01-PM-1 (1) (resized).png
images (1) (resized).jpg
20230916_092647 (resized).jpg
IMG_6233 (resized).jpeg
355856304_697356105736402_5391198079879870950_n (resized).jpg
347397333_637333801120904_2232225860895767743_n (resized).jpg
AEA8576E-3F5C-49E3-B2C7-00ECA322C796 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,479 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 30.
#601 2 years ago

Eventually all the details will be exposed…

3C5B34E1-2B3B-47AB-A95D-5B6E7706F9CB (resized).png3C5B34E1-2B3B-47AB-A95D-5B6E7706F9CB (resized).png
#603 2 years ago
2D885642-2657-4E3B-B287-41542F353EEE (resized).png2D885642-2657-4E3B-B287-41542F353EEE (resized).png2EF92C4D-8FF4-484E-A442-473F0D89B4B1 (resized).jpeg2EF92C4D-8FF4-484E-A442-473F0D89B4B1 (resized).jpegC9F2B286-3C77-493A-81EC-E20C92F9537E (resized).jpegC9F2B286-3C77-493A-81EC-E20C92F9537E (resized).jpeg
#604 2 years ago

I'm hoping for the best.

They know what they gotta do if they wanna sell these things.
Why bother if they were gonna just build another thunderbirds?

I expect we'll see a complete visual soon.

#605 2 years ago

I like the drums… not so sure about the love pump

#606 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

I like the drums… not so sure about the love pump

Why is there a gas pump AND a water pump right next to each other? Haven't seen Spinal Tap for a while but do both/any of these have any relation to the movie, other than the name Love Pump?

#607 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Even Thunderbirds had some pre-launch excitement for the theme and the toys shown. Spinal Tap has even less than THAT.
Hence, weirdest rollout ever.

Quoted from tp:

I'm hoping for the best.
They know what they gotta do if they wanna sell these things.
Why bother if they were gonna just build another thunderbirds?
I expect we'll see a complete visual soon.

Most TBAG marketing consisted of shills from the two local forums providing initially poor quality advice/design input and later outright bullshit reviews on pinside to garner international sales.

In other words it was known by a majority down here from the start the final product would be woeful.

Now that element has been removed there will be a much better chance that TAP should be an improvement over game one.

#608 2 years ago

Ugh, that drumkit makes my skin crawl. (Been drumming for 30 years, so bear with me.)

The good: the "wrap" resembles Ringo's Black Oyster Pearl finished Ludwigs. The floor tom legs are, while crooked, realistic and a nice touch.

The bad: the orientation of the kit is all kinds of *&$*#ed up. One, the cymbal blocks most of the rack tom, and the floor tom is inaccessible from where the drummer would be sitting, given the position of the kick drum. Also Mapex didn't exist until many years after Spinal Tap came out, so I'm not sure why that brand was used. (An endorsement of the machine, perhaps?)

The double-neck BC Rich Eagle bass is accurate. (I'm looking at you, RUSH.)

/end rant

#609 2 years ago

Are there springs under the cricket bat?
Is it supposed to wobble around or something?
My guess is that piece won’t last long….

#610 2 years ago
Quoted from WODKA:

Why is there a gas pump AND a water pump right next to each other?

Yeah, why a second entirely different style of pump right next to the drop target? That’s a little odd….

#611 2 years ago
Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

Ugh, that drumkit makes my skin crawl. (Been drumming for 30 years, so bear with me.)
/end rant

I'm also like, was that made by someone with NO KNOWLEDGE of where the drummer sits and what needs to be accessible from that position?

#612 2 years ago

how many times do we have to see spinal tap name on the cabinet - both sides of cabinet, both sides of the backbox, backglass, front of cabinet and probably a bunch more on the apron and playfield, drums, still won't beat the number of times the homepin logo will be visible

the Marshall on the speaker panel is terrible

the playfield art is looking very Stern 2010 photo shop

and will probably have the pointy flipper buttons

#613 2 years ago
Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

The good: the "wrap" resembles Ringo's Black Oyster Pearl finished Ludwigs. The floor tom legs are, while crooked, realistic and a nice touch.
The bad: the orientation of the kit is all kinds of *&$*#ed up. One, the cymbal blocks most of the rack tom, and the floor tom is inaccessible from where the drummer would be sitting, given the position of the kick drum. Also Mapex didn't exist until many years after Spinal Tap came out, so I'm not sure why that brand was used. (An endorsement of the machine, perhaps?)
The double-neck BC Rich Eagle bass is accurate. (I'm looking at you, RUSH.)
/end rant

Oh my,. someone actually posts some constructive criticism,... as an drummer (80's vintage) I would agree ,..that floor tom is way out of line. In front of the bass drum is not where it goes. But to be honest, its a toy on a pinball machine,.. so I guess you have to let artistic license come in to it.

I've also got an interest in aircraft and flight, and it never bothered me that most of Gerry Andersons aircraft had the wings, engines, and flight surfaces set up so you had a glamourous looking thing that could never fly. Thunderbird 2 being an example straight away.

Personally I want to see a shot of a big Spinal Tap moustache somewhere,.. and the game actually being played so there is context.

#614 2 years ago

Designer is Joe Balcer, right?
And artist is Jeff Busch if I recall correctly (most recently did Hot Wheels, Oktoberfest, Houdini).
So set your expectations accordingly.

#615 2 years ago
Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

the orientation of the kit is all kinds of *&$*#ed up. One, the cymbal blocks most of the rack tom, and the floor tom is inaccessible from where the drummer would be sitting, given the position of the kick drum.

Perhaps that's not the final position of the hardware? If those pieces are movable, it would be pretty easy to back the cymbal off a bit and move the floor tom to the other side of the bass drum.

#616 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Designer is Joe Balcer, right?
And artist is Jeff Busch if I recall correctly (most recently did Hot Wheels, Oktoberfest, Houdini).
So set your expectations accordingly.

But do we know if Balcer was there through the project? Because he was in and out at Homepin almost before you could blink. And Jeff Busch's art for AP was mostly a disaster. Like bad flash games. It kind of worked for Houdini, but Oktoberfest was a MESS from a UI design perspective.

#617 2 years ago
Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

[snip] Also Mapex didn't exist until many years after Spinal Tap came out, so I'm not sure why that brand was used. (An endorsement of the machine, perhaps?)
[/snip]

The Mapex logo is SO strange.

#618 2 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

The Mapex logo is SO strange.

I am assuming because Mapex is a Taiwainese brand, which HomePin is as well.

#619 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Perhaps that's not the final position of the hardware? If those pieces are movable, it would be pretty easy to back the cymbal off a bit and move the floor tom to the other side of the bass drum.

Joe Balcer has nothing to do with this design....the end

#620 2 years ago
Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

Ugh, that drumkit makes my skin crawl. .. (An endorsement of the machine, perhaps?) /end rant

some nice points drummer man but like all the others its a mocked up promo pic not the actual machine... use of mapex is unimportant in the grand scheme of things but its partly a nod to this https://www.nme.com/news/music/spinal-tap-4-1320452

there is bugger all 'real' pics around due to the way the dribbling losers are so eager to bash into any info they can get regardless of the quality of it. snippy little promo pics are all you get thanks to the trolls but your comment was valid so here you go .. does this calm your nerves ?

276980059_707092827132462_8227811142577975451_n (resized).jpeg276980059_707092827132462_8227811142577975451_n (resized).jpeg

#621 2 years ago

I like the little stage lights around the drum

I can be positive too

#622 2 years ago

The stage looks like a pretty awesome ball trap.

#623 2 years ago

that didnt take long

#624 2 years ago

I see Mike disagrees with my post, I guess the stage must be smaller than it looks. Sure looks like there is plenty of room for a ball to fit to the right of the drums.

#625 2 years ago

Just a thought.
If you can't release any pictures or information about your product because people will make negative comments, the problem might not be that people are mean, it might be that your product has issues.

Or, it could be that the comments aren't that terrible, and you are over-sensitive.

Information about the game will have to become public at some point. I don't understand the delay, which is apparently based on a fear of negative reaction.

And yes, we understand that Homepin is not doing marketing, distributors are. Or will, eventually. As it seems that Homepin hasn't given distributors any info to use for marketing. They can't advertise what they don't know.
It's just odd. Most manufacturers are proud to show off their products. Not concealing their products because potential customers might make comments critical of the product.

#626 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

Taking notes for the 6 mods I will sell by fixing this.

#627 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

Maybe a chain link fence mod , to stop the bottles thrown at the drummer.

#628 2 years ago

This game will have the same review as shark sandwich.

Shit sandwich.

#629 2 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

This game will have the same review as shark sandwich.
Shit sandwich.

They can't print that can they?

#630 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Just a thought.
If you can't release any pictures or information about your product because people will make negative comments, the problem might not be that people are mean, it might be that your product has issues.
Or, it could be that the comments aren't that terrible, and you are over-sensitive.
Information about the game will have to become public at some point. I don't understand the delay, which is apparently based on a fear of negative reaction.
And yes, we understand that Homepin is not doing marketing, distributors are. Or will, eventually. As it seems that Homepin hasn't given distributors any info to use for marketing. They can't advertise what they don't know.
It's just odd. Most manufacturers are proud to show off their products. Not concealing their products because potential customers might make comments critical of the product.

It gave Magic Girl quite the aura for a long time. Maybe that’s the strategy.

#631 2 years ago

Lots more money for game development when your marketing department is ran by MS Word.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#632 2 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Lots more money for game development when your marketing department is ran by MS Word.
[quoted image]

Is the top of Derek's head chopped off deliberately to make the Homepin logo visible?

#633 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Is the top of Derek's head chopped off deliberately to make the Homepin logo visible?

are you really this bored? pick pick pick

if you look up the image on the web . the original is chopped the same way. knowing mikes photoshop skills id say its best he didnt try and make it "rounded"

some of you really need to go for a walk or buy a puppy or something...

#634 2 years ago

I thought he was leaving all marketing for the game up to the “agents”.

#635 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:I thought he was leaving all marketing for the game up to the “agents”.

He probably should have stuck with that policy.

#636 2 years ago

When is the actual reveal of this game?

#637 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

When is the actual reveal of this game?

Probably after the dealers take non-refundable deposits.

#638 2 years ago

The playfield art so far reminds me the art on the packaging of those bootleg PC games which came on a single 3.5" floppy that you would buy for $5 a game at Staples in 1995.

1 week later
#639 1 year ago

I thought we’d see it by now. kinda like that long awaited sequel to Shark Sandwich - Shark Sundae - that never came. Where TF is it already?

The Druids are getting restless.

#640 1 year ago

As long as there's sex and drugs, he could do without the pinball

https://klyq.com/missoula-celebrity-and-spinal-tap-drummer-ric-parnell-dies-at-70

#642 1 year ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

are you really this bored? pick pick pick
if you look up the image on the web . the original is chopped the same way. knowing mikes photoshop skills id say its best he didnt try and make it "rounded"
some of you really need to go for a walk or buy a puppy or something...

Everyone’s fine…you on the other hand somehow decided to surgically graft yourself to Homepin Mike’s ballbag, and it’s made you quite irritable. You might want to seek professional help to reverse the process.

#643 1 year ago

Bummer.
He joins Fred Asparagus, who played Joe "Mama" Besser, as Spinal Tap drummers who passed.

#644 1 year ago

those people you hate on the haggis thread behave exactly they way you do here... karma

Quoted from Rarehero:

Everyone’s fine…you on the other hand somehow decided to surgically graft yourself to Homepin Mike’s ballbag, and it’s made you quite irritable. You might want to seek professional help to reverse the process.

pretty sure homophobic slurs arent cool any more. be a better person.

#645 1 year ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

those people you hate on the haggis thread behave exactly they way you do here... karma

if that's how u feel me ol m8

#646 1 year ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

What exactly was the homophobic slur?

#647 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

What exactly was the homophobic slur?

You didn't get an answer because it wasn't.

#648 1 year ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

Nothing I said was homophobic. Way to co-opt a struggle for your own narcissistic failings as a human. You of all people lecturing others to be better people - that’s rich. Projection at its finest.

#649 1 year ago

Pinball news

Fans of a long forgotten comedy mockup band from decades ago who were often semi naked and clad in bondage gear, argue about ballbags.

There was no news from Chicago Gaming and Homepin.

That’s all for now. Keep on flippin’

#650 1 year ago
Quoted from Rat:

who were often semi naked and clad in bondage gear,

The fans or the band?

There are 1,479 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepins-spinal-tap/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.