8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by robm
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hpmpu.jpg
    tz2.jpg
    tz3.jpg
    tz1.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

Hi Guys,

Just thought i would mention this here as a few from the Aussie forums have bought and built Homepins WPC MPU kits.

I personally have built two of them and they are pretty straight forward if you have some soldering experience. For someone who has no idea about measuring resistance or checking diode orientation and has done very little soldering, this is probably not the project for you. However, if you take your time and be methodical there should be no problems.

The board is labelled pretty well and there are some assembly notes on his website.

Here are a couple of pics of a Twilight Zone i have just restored and had the Homepin MPU board running in it with no issues - i also have had one in a Dr Who running for the last 6 months.

Because of our poxy Australian $, you guys end up getting them a fair bit cheaper - they are $160 plus $35 postage in Aussie $, so that prob brings it back to around $160 or even a little cheaper in US $ including postage.

Anyway, just a heads up for anyone like me who enjoys tinkering and building their own boards.

More details on his website

http://www.homepin.com/WPCMPU.html

tz1.jpgtz1.jpg tz2.jpgtz2.jpg tz3.jpgtz3.jpg hpmpu.jpghpmpu.jpg
    #2 8 years ago

Homepin's products are nice designs. It's unfortunate he doesn't have a US distributor, as that would make purchases so much easier.

Personally, I'd prefer dual wipe sockets over machine pin, DIP switches for country selection, etc. Or the ability to just buy the empty board (I've got all the other parts already!)

I'd recommend one of these boards to anyone looking for a fun project. At current exchange rates, it's about $150 USD including shipping!

BTW, burn yourself a 9.4H CPU ROM, that's a nice looking TZ and deserves the full 9.4H experience

#3 8 years ago

Yeah i was pretty happy with how the tz came up, just waiting ona few flipper rubbers and will tidy the cables up in the base of the cab.

Good idea about the rom, ive never played that version

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-wpc-mpu-boards and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.