(Topic ID: 299508)

Homepin, Williams CPU pcb replacement boards

By Mervyn

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1127 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1128 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1126 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 2 years ago

Email them directly … they’ll help you out.

[email protected]

rd

2 weeks later
    #13 2 years ago
    Quoted from ignat:

I also noticed some strange behavior with Doctor Who.
    I have 2 Doctor Who machines, one with original Williams MPU, one with Homepin
    During Video Mode when you collect the extra ball the Knocker will fire when you collect the extra ball on the homepin and not with the original board..
    Go figure.

Are both machines running the same rom version?

Maybe swap the rom chips between machines, and see if one rom fires the coil and the other doesn’t …

Be interesting to see!

rd

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from ignat:

Yeah same rom chips from what I can tell! I don't really want to swap them, I just had the Bally/Williams MPU out to repair a faulty diode!

Fair enough too.

The DMD should show the version number on the screen when you fire up the pin. Evidently two factory versions, L1 and L2. And maybe other versions floating around out there too.

rd

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from ignat:

They both boot up with L2

Cool! Weird they are different.

Enjoy your bonus knocker sound.

rd

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from ignat:

Do you have a Doctor Who rotordave ? Does it have the knock during Video mode?
    It also does it during W-H-O Extra Ball
    Its actually quite distracting during Video mode so I doubt its normal

I have the extra balls turned off on all my pins, so unfortunately I couldn’t tell you …

I’m sure someone can tell us …

rd

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tuukka:

Are the country code DIP switch settings identical? Some countries have the knocker disabled because electromechanical coin counter is connected instead of knocker. Set "coin meter units" in pricing adjustments to OFF.

Nice tips!

rd

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-williams-cpu-pcb-replacement-boards?tu=rotordave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.