(Topic ID: 299508)

Homepin, Williams CPU pcb replacement boards

By Mervyn

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1127 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1128 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1126 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kenlayton.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 2 years ago

I have no experience with their cpu boards, but we *had* one of the Homepin opto control boards in a Doctor Who which was causing one of the upkickers to fire continuously. We pulled that board out and replaced it with one of the "DumbAss" opto control boards and the problem was solved. Once I got the Homepin board over to the workbench, I started to inspect it. I was surprised to see rosin flux all over it like the board never got washed at the factory. I also found many bad solder joints at all of the connectors as well as at all of the high wattage resistors. This board had not been worked on before. So I scrubbed all of the old rosin flux off with 99% Isopropyl alcohol and a toothbrush. That cleaned it up nicely. That is when I spotted all the bad solder joints once the rosin was cleaned off. I don't know how old this particular board is, but I don't like the poor quality control this board had.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kenlayton.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-williams-cpu-pcb-replacement-boards?tu=kenlayton and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.