Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 182 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by rskb41
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

screen-capture-2_(resized).png
    balls13_(resized).jpg
    x-ray-metal-tester_(resized).jpg
    dt_(resized).png
    Party_On_Wayne_(resized).png
    image_(resized).jpeg
    hood_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mil.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#20 8 years ago

Wonder if it was something to do with the magnets in both those games . It was discovered that Homepin Pearls should NOT be used in games that have magnets as the balls themselves can become magnetised .

I think this news will actually interest Mike as the Pearls were an idea from his offsider Sid . Mike wanted to produce just the Premium brand balls .

If you have no luck in contacting Mike then maybe get in touch with Tony Turner at The Pinball Shed in QLD as he was selling the balls through there .

#22 8 years ago

It may not be the magnets that are causing this issue . Either way that shouldn't happen to any pinball .

ACDC does have one magnet ( under the bell pendulum ) but it's not a large one like TWD . When these were sold it wasn't known about the magnet issue until later hence why there was no "No Magnet" warning on the packaging etc. .

#53 8 years ago

Hi Mike . Thanks for the response to this thread . I just wanted to chime in and state that as one of the organisers of Pinfest in Newcastle that we had no idea about the magnetising issue of the Pearl balls at the event . If we had been made aware of it we certainly would've let customers know about it . I myself bought 2 packets and had planned to use them in my games , most of which have magnets . I still have one packet unopened and the other I only opened to inspect them . I just wanted to make sure that people don't think we sold the product and deliberately withheld this information from them .

#79 8 years ago
    Quoted from rskb41:

just curious, and i did mention this before in my reply . What charity was being supported ?

Hi mate . There would have been a number of local charities supported by Pinfest last year . I am a Newcastle Pinball Association committee member but due to work and private circumstances didn't actually get to any of the meetings prior to Pinfest where things like which charities we will support are sorted out . In previous years , bulk of the money raised has gone to Sids 4 Kids to aid with research into Sudden Infant Death Syndrome . From memory some of the other charities have been Hunter Animal Welfare , Mens Shed . Homepin hasn't answered this for you as he would've had no way of knowing as we have our meetings in Newcastle and he is based in China . All profits from the ticket sales , the Pinfest apparel for sale , and the raffle of the pinball machine all went to charity .

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mil.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-pearls-feedback?tu=mil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.