Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #29 Images of flipper coils being assembled in the Homepin factory. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #31 Images of prototype Thunderbirds mechs. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #46 MPU Testing: Image and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #47 Pinball Cab CNC Tests: Images and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #61 Fliipper Coil pictorial Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #122 Delivery trucks being loaded in China Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #130 Factory tour video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #131 Flipper links & other assembly parts Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #142 The plastic used for flipper links Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #153 Flipper buttons Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmarsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#208 7 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

That pivot point has been an issue with the newer Sterns for a while.
Glad to see it designed a little better

For real. The stern auto launch is a terrible mech. Really poorly designed.

3 months later
#357 7 years ago

Cool animation!

3 months later
#794 6 years ago

I actually love having everything listed in mm and wish the US would switch.

#813 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I don't know why people get bent over american vs metric. Either is easily converted, and the only time I really have to convert anything is when I have to reverse engineer a part bigger than 6" (my caliper can switch back and forth) and I'm taking measurements with a standard tape measure (because our company is also on the metric system). In all honesty, we should probably have metric tape measures.

My daughter got me a metric tape measure for Christmas last year and I freaking love it.

1 month later
#1078 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

This short delay has allowed us to add an extra mechanism to the machine that we were in two minds about so it's all good.

Looking forward to seeing some pics and video from the show!

Also looking forward to being able to buy those pop bumpers/lights you came up with.

4 weeks later
#1233 6 years ago

I read the posts on aussie arcade.

It's always disappointing to find out someone isn't as cool as you initially thought.

1 week later
#1503 6 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

» YouTube video

Says the video was removed by the user?

1 week later
#1702 6 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

You need to learn how to use the word "allegedly". You should start using it, because at this point your comments are close to becoming slanderous IMO.

Only because you tried to tell someone to learn how to use words.....

Slander is spoken, libel is written. His comments would technically be libelous.

#1708 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Which means I know it better than the back of my hand, and can spot it a mile away.

I believe Ben when he says it was his code, because this is 100% true. I've had code stolen and was able to identify it in a heartbeat, even through the front end of another product.

#1783 6 years ago
Quoted from Topher5000:

Damn, I was diggin' this thread.
He could have said "I like to thank Ben & his team for the use of their code. It allowed us to have a flipping playfield for design purposes & we've since developed our own system for use in production machines."

All it takes are some words and some humility. Instead, Homepin wants everyone to know that he doesn't give a fuck about what he does.

The living embodiment of "can dish it out but can't take it."

#1821 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I just like rebels. And when I have been moderated for and being called a broken record, which is kind of offensive as it is, it kind of sucks watching somebody else get away with it.

You think Homepin is a rebel? Being an a**hole and a thief doesn't make him a rebel.

1 month later
#2022 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I will not be posting updates here because there are no machines headed outside Australia and New Zealand for at least the next 12 months so there is no reason to post updates here - it just doesn't apply.
All you little trolls can crawl back into your holes and dream up some other rubbish to spout - I'll sign out again now.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

3 months later
#2163 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

If people don't like what we are making they are free to pay many thousands more to get what they desire

Be fair here, the brand new Iron maiden is only 1k more msrp. Plus, you are talking about questionable engineering choices, like unnecessarily complicated updates, not some "nice extras".

Maybe a color screen is still considered a extra perk, but I think Thunderbirds might be the only new pin shipping with a mono DMD? The pinball landscape has changed in the 5 or 6 years since you started the game.

I do understand that it costs money, skill, and time to do that stuff, so maybe you are against a rock and a hard place, but don't pretend a 5k MSRP is some kind of amazing savings that justifies that stuff, especially when Ben Heck covered a chunk of your initial R&D.

Just my 2 cents.

1 month later
#2219 5 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

1 week later
#2251 5 years ago

Do the back legs seem mounted even further down from the front legs than normal?

3 months later
#2692 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s fascinating that you think everyone that’s nice is acting. A man so angry to the core like you can’t imagine someone actually just BEING nice. What a sad existence.

This stuck out to me too.

By his own admission he has invested a large chunk of his life into this along with 3 million dollars. Even if being nice is hard, why would you spit in the face of that investment by being mean, rude, and a poor ambassador for your company?

Feels a bit like "I just poured my heart and soul into this project, let me piss all over it!"

Valid criticism from customers is a gift. You can do with it as you please, but when more than a few give you the same feedback it's time to do something.

#2734 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

WTF!!! Is that real???

Ted's got a new idea for a horror film!

Pete, I hope you get to feelin' better man. That looks like some serious stuff.

1 month later
#3045 5 years ago

Spooky, CGC, JJP, and deeproot all post here as well.

It's a myth that manufacturers aren't on pinside.

1 month later
#3270 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I certainly never said our buttons were 'the bees knees' - I merely pointed out that other companies also have issues with their buttons.
Please find someone else to troll....

You definitely implied you made improvements that made them better than other buttons, but players would disagree.

2 months later
#3499 5 years ago

Lol @ forum posts sinking a business. You might want to let Facebook or paypal know that once people start sharing negative opinions, it's all over.

There is 100x the vitriol for Stern as there is homepin.

If the company fails there is one person to blame.

1 month later
#3655 5 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

After receiving a threatening email from Homepin recently, I have decided not to post on forums for fear of Homepin taking further action if I do.

I'm really frustrated to hear this, though desperate people take desperate actions.

Thunderbirds is a garbage pin from a garbage company.

9 months later
#4141 4 years ago

Im sure this game will be trash just like TBAG.

Quoted from phil-lee:

HomePin is in a good place to really blow the lid off sales for Pinball machines, parts, Factory space, he knows how to do Business in the Region with an obviously capable labor pool

Maybe like 5+ years ago when he started it, this could have been true.

Don't forget that mister "I know more about pinball control systems than anyone" had to steal his main board design and firmware to get off the ground.

Also in all this time, how many games has he sold?

That doesn't sound like a company that's going to blow the lid off anything.

4 weeks later
#4240 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Mikes horrible attitude has earned him no benefit of the doubt from myself and many others out there.

You don't need to explain yourself to anyone. Your comment was hilarious and right on point.

Everyone that has been paying attention knows what's up.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmarsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress?tu=wolfmarsh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.