Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #29 Images of flipper coils being assembled in the Homepin factory. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #31 Images of prototype Thunderbirds mechs. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #46 MPU Testing: Image and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #47 Pinball Cab CNC Tests: Images and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #61 Fliipper Coil pictorial Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #122 Delivery trucks being loaded in China Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #130 Factory tour video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #131 Flipper links & other assembly parts Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #142 The plastic used for flipper links Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #153 Flipper buttons Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider twitami.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2503 5 years ago

I played this last weekend. Can someone explain the top left corner of the playfield to me? is it just wasted space? Is something supposed to happen up there?

#2506 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

in multiball the ball is spat out of the pool

OH, ok. Interesting to see how that works. Based on the way it looks, i am not sure how it could do that--or maybe the one i played that is a mock-up section.

3 months later
#3136 5 years ago

Just got my Thunderbirds. Small issue: after a few games, something is stuck or malfunctioning somewhere. As soon as the ball is launched, it just keeps awarding 10,000 points over an over again. Any help?

291C6D13-533C-46A0-B84E-AABDB2764CBA (resized).jpeg291C6D13-533C-46A0-B84E-AABDB2764CBA (resized).jpegAD1AA5F7-ECD6-4974-9CA3-B7E7AC35C26E (resized).jpegAD1AA5F7-ECD6-4974-9CA3-B7E7AC35C26E (resized).jpeg
#3139 5 years ago

Switch 38 is on. Now to figure out what that is. Hehe.

#3141 5 years ago

Right Tree Plastic. Switch 38. I dont see anything obvious looking at it. But I also have no skillz in this area

#3143 5 years ago

I dont even see a switch. Lol.

#3146 5 years ago

Haha. Sure enough. I hate to sound dumb, bit I dont see a switch

#3149 5 years ago

I think I got it. Woot.

#3153 5 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

Your collection shows 17 pins...you ought to be a seasoned tech by now! Anyway just a thought...turn off the power before taking any kind of metal tool to the underside of the playfield. You can take out board components real easy that way.

Heh, I have friends that fix them. We have a non-profit arcade where we have our games. And I turned the power off, don't worry

#3154 5 years ago

BTW, a few pics of my unboxing. The game came with a few nice touches. The manual has a comic book look to it and is glossy, and a small bag of custom tokens. Nothing groundbreaking, but nice touches.

IMG_1475 (resized).JPGIMG_1475 (resized).JPGIMG_1476 (resized).JPGIMG_1476 (resized).JPGIMG_1483 (resized).JPGIMG_1483 (resized).JPGIMG_1485 (resized).JPGIMG_1485 (resized).JPGIMG_1487 (resized).JPGIMG_1487 (resized).JPG
#3158 5 years ago

Any eta on the replacement metal ramp?

And will that topper mentioned above be for sale eventually to current customers?

#3186 5 years ago

Heh, I need a rules sheet for my game Thanks for the help with the switch Mike--its all good now. And I learned something! Heh.

But seriously, I am enjoying it a lot. It isn't for everyone, and I get that. I used to own 15 Sega pins, and many people wondered why. I like em, and they entertained me. This game reminds me of a Sega pin: fun, great sounds and music, but not to deep. I commend Homepin for getting to this point...although I do think you might want to just ever so slightly adjust how you post online...and for real I mean that in a positive, I want you to be successful, type of way.

By the way, I think your next pin should be Space 1999.

#3214 5 years ago

Strange question Mike: is it possible that FAB targets under the ramp could be wired in reverse? Like the F and B are reversed? They seem to be.

#3225 5 years ago

I actually bought an Arcooda, still waiting for them to finish and ship. No hurry though. I really like Video Pinball machines, and I am excited by what Arcooda is doing. I wondered about the blurred out one in the picture, heh.

#3226 5 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

Strange question Mike: is it possible that FAB targets under the ramp could be wired in reverse? Like the F and B are reversed? They seem to be.

ANyone have this happen? Pretty sure my F and B are reversed. I assume I can just switch the wires around?

#3228 5 years ago

Good point I will take one tonite when i get home

#3230 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I thought he said somewhere it was manufactured in the US, but always suspected it would be by Homepin

If you mean Arcooda, there are three models. The high end one is metal, made in China, the other two are wood and one of them was going to be made in US but I think that feel through. So probably all in China now.

#3238 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Sorry, I missed your post.
Very easy to check. First, put the machine into service mode using the switches mounted inside the door and select "switch". Operate the switches in question manually and they will tell you on the DMD which one is which.
Second, go to the switch matrix page of the service manual and it will show you what colour wires are connected to the row and column for each switch.
You should be able to determine things using these two methods.

Thanks Mike, I will mess with it tonight.

A bunch of people have played my TAG now, and everyone so far says: they love it, its hard, and the sound and music (especially the music) is great

#3239 5 years ago

F and B were reversed, thanks for the advice to test it Mike. Just took them off and switched them with each other.

One other quick question. I heard the machine talking once explaining some rules in a female voice, but have no idea if I was dreaming that or it really happened. I cant seem to figure out how to do it again.

Am I off my meds, or is there something like that?

#3245 5 years ago

Got the British lady talking. Kind of a cool feature.

1 week later
#3255 5 years ago

Got my new ramp yesterday. Might try putting it in today--I am not great at this stuff, but doesnt look too bad.

#3257 5 years ago

Ok, few things. The lockdown bar latch somehow got stuck, and when I opened the door it yanked the volume up (top one) button right off the base. Weird sh*t happens to me .

Two, can I buy the IR logo plague on the coinbox? Its cool.

Third, we need a cd of the music from this game. Everyone loves it!

#3282 5 years ago

The flipper buttons do have a unique feel to them. Not bad, just different. I got used to them after a few games, and most who have played it say the same. The rules (what I know of them so far, partly from the nice British lady) are simple but fun. I am a fan of Sega pinball, and the play reminds me of their games-not super deep, but fun. Not for everyone of course, but nothing ever is.

And I still say for the next game:

1 week later
#3358 5 years ago

This is my game in the video. It was set to hard, to be fair. It has its issues and quirks, but I enjoy it, as did most people that tried it. Weird, different, and other words did come up a lot, but most liked it. We streamed Lexy Lightspeed right after this, its back to back with this game in the room

1 month later
#3439 5 years ago

Heh, I have def noticed that if the game is set to easy, it is REALLY easy. And set to hard, it is REALLY hard. Mine is set to hard.

3 weeks later
#3524 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Just saw PinballStar had Thunderbirds knocked down to $4,250 in their email mailer.... "Inventory Reduction"

For his show sample machine. Not new units.

4 weeks later
#3608 5 years ago
IMG_2011 (resized).JPGIMG_2011 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#3695 5 years ago

I hope they do. A codefix could really up the fun of the game.

2 weeks later
#3718 5 years ago

I have one. Its awful but I like it

its unfinished, unpolished, clunky, and either crazy hard or super easy ( no in-between). But, I have fun playing it. That's why i bought it. The layout is whacked, the rules are a mess (which does bum me out), but I do still enjoy it. I like Sega machines, and it reminds me of a lot of them--though more incomplete. Though not likely, a code update could make it a MUCH better game.

If your ever in MD, come by and play it

1 week later
#3733 4 years ago

Yeah the inserts are a bit dim on mine as well. I think that is just "how it is".

#3757 4 years ago

So an airball broke one of my spotlights. How and where to I get a replacement for this?

2 years later
#4402 2 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I don't know at $2500 someone will buy it....
Maybe someone can take it on like a homebrew and fix all the issues. Like put a real lockdown bar on it a real coin door and real flipper buttons.
I played it, its not good, but I have also played worse games. I think the playfield being plastic is kind of a good idea (like a hardtop). Its not without its merits in some few little things.

I own one. I enjoy it, but it is a mess. The playfield is in no way plastic by the way, it does have a protective plastic cover though. The lock-down bar is plastic, although ironically it stays on and moves less than many of the new Stern games. I have the updated code, the updated ramp, and have mine set to hard mode...its still a bit of a mess. But, I enjoy it, and thats really all that matters. I knew it was a bit of a mess when I bought it. But I also new I could go play Sterns and JJP machines all over the place. Where else can I play a Thunderbirds? Lol. The playfield is a bit clunky, and the code is still all over the place. But, I have played worse. $2500 is a deal though, almost worth buying for parts for mine...lol. I think a Jetsons would look really cool next to it too.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider twitami.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress?tu=twitami and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.