Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #29 Images of flipper coils being assembled in the Homepin factory. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #31 Images of prototype Thunderbirds mechs. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #46 MPU Testing: Image and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #47 Pinball Cab CNC Tests: Images and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #61 Fliipper Coil pictorial Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #122 Delivery trucks being loaded in China Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #130 Factory tour video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #131 Flipper links & other assembly parts Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #142 The plastic used for flipper links Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #153 Flipper buttons Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toads.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#85 7 years ago

Ferrules

3 weeks later
#164 7 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

I like it. It'll set you apart from the competition and make more room for cabinet art. Maybe you can incorporate a decal of some kind on the coin acceptor cover plate.
Thanks for sharing.

Maybe a decal that matches the background cabinet art.
So it blends right in.

1 week later
#207 7 years ago

That pivot point has been an issue with the newer Sterns for a while.
Glad to see it designed a little better

2 weeks later
#245 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I think that Thunderbirds isn't even the most interesting part of this, it's other, smaller manufacturers getting access to quality parts at much cheaper pricing!
At least I hope that's Homepin's aim - to sell quality generic (and possibly specific) parts to home builders and smaller boutique manufacturers.

Gary just popping in to check out Mike's factory and his video games.
I'm sure that days discussions were interesting...

IMG_1871 (resized).JPGIMG_1871 (resized).JPG

2 months later
#414 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

$4100? Just a rumor? Could this really be the price? If so, it could be a big seller.

Or it just could be a rumor.

2 weeks later
#470 6 years ago

I was just having a cuppa and suddenly it dawned on me.
Its the Hoods fault...

20170506_122621 (resized).jpg20170506_122621 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#589 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

We made good progress with a few niggly things but the most constructive thing to come from the meeting was that they agreed to allow us to show the machine at Pinfest (Newcastle Australia) regardless of the approvals status at that time.

When do you expect to site the six cabs in China?

2 weeks later
#666 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Is it just me, or does the mole look slightly out of place in that pic?

It's just you

#671 6 years ago

Mike, did you catch the guy that sprayed paint all over that backglass?

3 weeks later
#832 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I really think the complaints about "free speech" are looking at this from the wrong angle. I believe that manufacturer-moderated threads would add to Pinside rather than taking anything away from it. I mean look at it this way:
At the moment we have thousands of Pinside-moderated threads where people can say almost anything they want, which is great, but we also have almost all no manufacturers represented on the site. If you allowed manufacturers to start self-moderated threads (which were clearly marked as such) you would still have all the thousands of Pinside-moderated threads and, maybe, the occasional additional manufacturer-moderated thread.
So, let's say that a manufacturer creates a self-moderated thread. They keep it the way they want it, as a representation of their company and brand, much like their Facebook page, except that it is here on Pinside. Everyone knows it is a manufacturer-moderated thread and is, therefore, presenting a particular image of the company but we also get more information, direct from the manufacturer, right here on Pinside. People can ask questions if they like and the manufacturer can choose to answer them or not.
You might then complain: "But what if there are issues with their product that they are attempting to hide, the public has a right to know!" OK, well then you can create your own Pinside-moderated thread, in that manufacturer's subforum, "My issues with Manufacturer X", and exercise your free speech. The manufacturer cannot delete your comments but can choose to respond in your thread if they like.
This is not a free-speech issue, there would still be free speech on Pinside, but there would also be more content and manufacturers might return to the site.

Sounds just like an advertising page to me

2 weeks later
#926 6 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

So when is Australian Expo? I need a countdown to this reveal!

IMG_2220 (resized).JPGIMG_2220 (resized).JPG

#927 6 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Really looking forward to seeing the videos around September Great price here in Australia to

Not going Pete?

#930 6 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Probably not Mark but if there's ever a year to this would be the year hey

For sure.
Last year Mike had the proto there, along with mechs.
Mike did well to keep it all together with all the misfortune and bad luck he went through in the years leading up to that point.
Really, the guys gone to hell and back and due to his absolute pig headedness and will, I have full confidence that he will not only survive but flourish.
I put my money where my mouth is years ago on this pin, along with other boutique manufacturers and I can honestly say this one is the only one I've had full confidence that it would survive.

The proto we saw last year has changed dramatically as I would expect it to, only for the better.
I got to physically handle the some of the mechs and as others have stated, you can't knock the build quality on any of his products.
I'm looking forward to flipping this pin in October.

#959 6 years ago

Laser cutter...

IMG_2234 (resized).JPGIMG_2234 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#1072 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Those original remotes with the tall, hard break buttons and "boing" sound once depressed were pretty crazy.

IMG_2268 (resized).JPGIMG_2268 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#1151 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So the speaker panel hinges on the left? Thats new.

Anything can change at this point.

1 week later
#1172 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

From what I've seen there is definitely something missing.....it will all make sense when you see it finished! Pop is not as exposed as it looks from above pic. Not long now!

I didnt think it had been released yet.
Where did you see it?

1 week later
#1245 6 years ago

IMG_2339 (resized).JPGIMG_2339 (resized).JPG

#1379 6 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

Yes there are (private) game play vids. Yes, it looks awesome. Not long now folks - Pinfest is this weekend!

Is there just.

#1381 6 years ago

There was no question mark, but I'm answering anyway.
A: Yup.

Your not going to share with us?

#1383 6 years ago

Sorry, Mike asked it be kept private. I believe he asked the same of some others as well. I don't have an NDA with Mike, but he's bought me beer in China so that's pretty close to an NDA in my books. Not long to wait now...

Well pinside will have to wait till Saturday to see video of it

#1453 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Ummm... yeah, LED lights are shiny, but...
Watch it again...
Ball gets hung up in there *twice* when the balls have plenty of velocity... Yikes.
I do like how the output from the ramp can be: 1. rollover lanes -or- an 2. orbit...
-mof

That ramp is still a proto ramp and not a production ramp. Still needs refining.

#1492 6 years ago

Glass off...

IMG_2357 (resized).JPGIMG_2357 (resized).JPG

IMG_2358 (resized).JPGIMG_2358 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#1914 6 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

^ well that was constructive..
lets have a look at this instead hey

What's the go here.
Is this another spare part for a common em or is this his second pin?

1 week later
#1981 6 years ago
Quoted from Retropin:

Thought the figures were 596 games over both machines..

Only one pin was running.

2 months later
#2053 6 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

There are lots of great updates on Facebook for anyone interested. Here is one of the latest:
"A couple of pictures I took this morning for no particular reason other than FINALLY - after four years of hard slog - there are pinball machines actually being MANUFACTURED, from the ground up, in the Homepin factory!!!"

Is that pic the final playfield or a sample?

1 month later
#2076 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

The center ramp was clunky and unsatisfying even with an accurate shot.

Well lets wait n see what the ramp on the finished pin is like.

3 weeks later
#2148 6 years ago

Are there still targets under TB2 and are they viewable when the ramp is up?

#2153 6 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

design questions:
Why does this return on the right just crash into the left return at this tight angle?
Wouldn't it make more sense to flow into it? Or maybe cross over and feed back to the left flipper?

Just going from memory that's where the balls lock for multiball.

1 month later
#2254 5 years ago

When do they start building full production machines?

#2258 5 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

Already started this month.

When will we see pics of the final pins?

#2261 5 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

Have a look in this forum from post 2247. ,.. or chk the Homepin Facebook page,.. the pictures posted are the prod machines and the prod build line,..

They are final "test" machines not final production machines going to customers.

#2264 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

There is no external difference to shape, colour, size or fitout from these machines pictured to the ones that are currently (yes, TODAY) in production as finished machines that will be heading to customers as they are finished. The differences are all internal to improve circuit board connectors, polish up mechanisms with minor changes and similar things.
A pinball machine is a very complex machine as I'm sure most here would agree. If one single part is missing the machine cannot be built.
Just this morning one of those missing parts arrived and we can now complete that part of the build. Here they are (stainless rails) being unpacked:

Well if that's the case, the two metal conduit saddles on the plastic ramp look ridiculous.

1 month later
#2351 5 years ago
Quoted from Lysurgeon:

The game is clunky as hell, feels cheap as shit, and none of the shots feel good. The ball constantly gets stuck on the lock post. The middle ramp is flimsy and super thin, im guessing the ramp will be thicker and clear in the production version. The flipper buttons are very uncomfortable. This game needs a lot more work.

How was the flipper gap?
Could you view the targets under TB2?
Was multiball achievable?
Do you get to see TB1 take off sequence happen before the multiball starts?

1 week later
#2436 5 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

from what i have seen thats a myth

Isn't that why he chose china to build them?

#2447 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Hopefully the UKwill see and play the final said and done version as every one is sick of the probably another prototype testing sort of thingy show talk trial.

The Thunderbirds on their way to UK are prototypes also.

2 weeks later
#2473 5 years ago

Or a coffee mmmmmm

IMG_0195 (resized).jpgIMG_0195 (resized).jpg
#2508 5 years ago

and the original TB1 launch sequence...

2 weeks later
#2586 5 years ago

Homepin
Mike when you tell Pete and all the pre order buyers years ago when they put their money down that they will get their games before anyone else in the world does and then ship the first games to distributors, that's a lie.

Cause and effect, lying creates negativity.

That's why the negativity.

#2593 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Absolutely not. All machines were built in the same run, some are still being finished off but essentially all are accounted for.
It is a simple matter of another customer paying ALL of the outstanding account first and so his goods left first - nothing more than that. Pre-order buyers HAVE NOT paid all of the costs and tax yet and so the others left first.
Please stop trying to create conspiracy theories around who got what first and why.
There is no lie involved, just come people trying to stir trouble as usual for their own ends that are unknown to me.
Again, as both I and Highway have said, we are finalising the details of a favorable deal for all and people who have a dog in the race will be informed, hopefully within a week. The sticking point is how to apply the GST so it isn't complicated for buyers. This is down to our accountants to figure out so we can't say anything just yet.

Pre-order buyers HAVE NOT paid all of the shipping costs and tax yet because we were waiting on YOU to generate an invoice that reflects the costs and balances involved.
As per your email dated 24-April 2018.
Excerpt Shown here...
"Once we receive your choice of delivery option we will generate an invoice that reflects the cost and balances involved. Note that we won't invoice for local delivery as you will have to pay that when the goods are delivered to you."

So it's not a simple matter of another customer paying ALL of the outstanding account first.
We needed that information (from you)before we could proceed.

You state there is no lie involved, but just people trying to stir trouble as usual for their own ends that are unknown to you.

Well here is the lie in question posted by YOU on March the 4th 2015.

IMG_2808 (resized).PNGIMG_2808 (resized).PNG
#2594 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Yes - "free freight" WITH CONDITIONS......as I have said, we currently have no containers shipping to Australia and this was clearly stated in the message to all pre-order buyers including yourself.
If you are happy to WAIT for a container with space in order to have "free freight" then you will need to calm down and WAIT for one. Currently there are NONE that we have booked for Australia. When will there be one? I have zero idea.
Constantly stirring trouble on forums and my FB page only slows me down and also slows down the build process which is why I have stayed away from all these places and will again - I'm just too busy to deal with some of the complete nonsense dribbled by some on forums.
I felt it important to clear the air on the shipping of all machines as you were stirring relentlessly (this won't speed up your delivery) so it is why I answered you this morning.
Again, I suggest that the deal being put together by Highway Games is likely to be the best one for all buyers in the shorter term but it is entirely up to you what you do about shipping. Please stop bleating about not getting your machine, it's waiting here for you - your call on the transport method - how about sell it to someone else who will pay airfreight and then they will have it in a week? Just a thought.
Oh, I checked the build records and yours IS serial #046
Cheers
/pinside_off

How does one sell something not in their possession?

#2596 5 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

game has been on the market for 5 months, not a nibble

I'm guessing you would need paperwork from Mike to do that?

#2625 5 years ago

i like that idea
Pete's Pies and Pinball
i doo have the space for a container
but i will wait until next week and see what deal highway offers

Now that homepin has abandoned us and now shipping to Australia is going to be via distributor what you need to do Pete is sell your pin to Highway for your buy price of $5432 and buy one of there's comming in for $6999 inc GST.
As Highway above have stated the importing cost is not cheap, so if you add the GST you have to pay plus the importing cost it might even work out cheaper to purchase via Highway than what you paid 4 odd years ago.

#2634 5 years ago
Quoted from highwaygames:

First machines have started to ship to distributors around the world. Our agents in Austria, UK, Italy, and USA will soon start receiving their machines.
We will post news as soon as possible with updates for the Australian market including goods going to various agents.

How about you guys show some courtesy and keep your advertising in your own thread that you've created.
It's bad enough that Homepin have stabbed the pre orderers in the back, but what you guys are doing by advertising them shipping all over the world in this thread is twisting the knife Homepin stabbed us with.

#2641 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just to be clear, I looked into pre-ordering this back in the day, and it was very clear that the price did not include shipping/taxes to Australia. I remember costing it and the end result wasn't as big a "bargain" as it first appeared.

Free shipping has come to the front in the last year and nothing to do with the original ordering.
All pre order buyers were getting a LE topper, something that couldn't be added, as a thank you for believing in him.

But last year, homepin "re opened" the pre order again to new customers(around Pinfest time)
The original Pre order customers were angry that new orders were getting the topper, as we were told they are a Limited edition.

Homepin said "I kept to my word and have only sold them to pre orderers"
At the time we had no idea he would just re open the pre orders to cover his statement.

Homepin said, yes you guys should have something special, and that's when the free shipping talk came about.

Homepin has been sitting on the paperwork to ship ours since May.

#2698 5 years ago

Pete, Highway has tried to help you since we became involved.
Our office has personally contacted you over a week ago and mentioned we will help you import the machine into Australia, and, help service/support you locally in Australia. We are not here to upset people, and also here not to play games. At our cost, we were looking to help you. The current arrangement is when the machines are ready and released to us, we will contact each pre-order customer and coordinate their shipment. Please understand we are at the beginning stages of the production/shipping cycle, and as we receive machines we will ship best options available. If this is not suitable, you are welcomed to arrange any method you like.
We are not sure where you are getting your information, but Highway does NOT have your machine in our warehouse and when we do receive your cargo we plan to ship as quickly as possible. Please contact Homepin directly and coordinate the release of your machine to any courier/transport company you wish to use.

Dont think much of your latest ultimatum on AA.
Either everyone signs up with you to ship or nobody gets their games.
Yer good one.

#2707 5 years ago

Again, we are not sure where you are getting your information.

I'm getting that information from your post yesterday...

"We will wait until everyone responds with their shipping updates and will then reach out to everyone with best options. We are not about to give you an on the spot freight/etc calculation until we receive everyone's feedback on how they want their cargo handled."

- Highway does not have machines (whether its your order or others), once Homepin releases machines we can ship "best fit"

Homepin doesn't have them either.
There not even built yet and won't be built until we pay Highway for shipping.
They are to be built on a "just in time" production model...

"As Highway confirm arrangements with the owners of ordered machines, we will build them and use local transport to get them to the Highway facility where they will be consolidated for shipment."

- you can arrange your own shipment (ship anyway you like)

Incorrect.
If we do not wish to use Highway for shipping, it will not be shipped.

1 month later
#2940 5 years ago

The negative comments appear to be comming from Homepin distributors trying to silence some people and attempting to use "hush money " to achieve this.

1 week later
#3036 5 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Yep, Mike has done more damage to his own brand than 10 Ballypinball’s could ever do.

Pop bumper pete was accused of the same thing.

1 month later
#3122 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

For the record I've lost more than 6k from pinball manufacturers. It's not something desirable.

Well I've lost everything on Alien, predator, and now thunderbirds.
So don't feel too bad.

3 weeks later
#3305 5 years ago

ahhh, sitting by the side of the river, just watchin'

Hey Pete,
Get your rod in the water mate.
They're on the bite.

#3325 5 years ago

A little light entertainment while we wait...

#3334 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

I’ve been in fully paid for 5 years. Initially I was happy to help an Aussie start up a Pinball company back then we were told two key things: well known designer and programmer were on board.
So for 5 years I’ve been watching and sadly over the past 2 years the earlier BS has come to the surface and Mike has no one to blame but himself for this situation. In small communities the truth will always come out.
Mike if you are still reading this thread.....answer my emails FFS! You have shut down all avenues of communication, way to build a customer base, not!

Hey Gav, good to hear your still on the sidelines.
I was only speaking to Allison last night about you.
That you have been quiet of late.
By my figures, there's only around eight of us left who paid in full in the first wave five years ago.
Hang in there

#3343 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Highway Entertainment news letter from about a week ago said they were in stock in Newcastle,
Mike's world is a puzzle / confusing one, there's always an excuse, blames others, hates paypus with a passion but did indiegogo crowd funding projects - overall there is consistency

That's Highway's stock.
New money.

1 week later
#3367 5 years ago

As Thunderbirds production comes to a finish, and the original pre order guys are left chasing their tails with nothing to show for their pre order money, Homepin starts advertising pin No 2 parts on the line.

Just another stool dropped on top of us.

IMG_2918 (resized).JPGIMG_2918 (resized).JPG
#3392 5 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

How many have yet to get their games?

#3393 5 years ago

From what I know, there was around 10 - 12 original pre orderers.
Homepin even commented in this thread not long ago that he could almost count them on his fingers, and I concur.
I hear 2 -3 have been delivered at this time.

4 weeks later
#3456 5 years ago

Another distributor...

Thunderbirds Pinball has made its way into Melbourne!

Forward Amusements Pty Ltd. has become an Australian distributor of Homepin’s Thunderbirds Pinball machines, and the company is located in Melbourne. Owen can help with all Victorian inquiries and has a demo machine in his showroom on display. Please give him a call to arrange an appointment for inspection, or for all your Thunderbirds Pinball needs.

Contact Details:

Forward Amusements Pty. Ltd.
4/21 Lindaway Place, Tullamarine, VIC, 3043
Phone: (03) 8376 6150
[email protected]

1 week later
#3462 5 years ago

Sorry this is not true. Balls n All purchased a "one off" machines order. These machines were ordered before Highway was involved and now we have a professional distribution (with customer service and support) network around the world. To understand who the real distributors are, please review;
https://www.thunderbirdspinball.com/buy/
Balls n All is welcomed to join our distribution/support team.

Do you have games in stock?

1 month later
#3577 5 years ago

Close, but no Cigar.

#3596 5 years ago
Quoted from ChuckChallenger:

@ballypinball If you wanted to help all these pre orders which I believe is less than 20 machines now, then say something nice or not at all.
I think a factory in China could be very useful to manufacture pinball parts and machines and having a buddy who owned one like that would be far better than having an enemy.If you want to help the preorders and rule the pinball world then buy out and take over Homepin, fly to China and make pinball machines and see if you can do a better job.
Hi Wayne, as a Thunderbirds owner I would love you and maybe some of your associates to buy Homepin and help all us owners out buy keeping it going and making some of your own machines, I have seen in one of your other post you had a few mill in your account. So I reckon your the guy to do it.

Another alternative account?
That makes 3 I count.

#3606 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

So does Mike actually have games built to be released, or does he not actually have them built like he came here yelling and screaming about a few months ago? If it's the latter, we can now see why Mike went on a tirade and left Pinside... He knew he could only keep up the lies so long. How convenient.

Homepin responded to pop bumper pete in post#2578 on August 14 2018...

"I have not had ANY containers traveling to Australia since that offer was made to all pre-order buyers and so THAT is why the pre-order machines have not yet shipped but other machines have gone out to a different buyer."

Homepin also responded to my post #2587 on August 15 2018...

"All machines were built in the same run, some are still being finished off but essentially all are accounted for."

Again Homepin responded to ballypinball in post #2657 on August 17 2018

"Wayne, they are built and in stock which is more than I can say for your MM efforts."

BTW Wayne's offer at the time to ship all the games was real.

Wayne was proving a point by offering to ship the games...

If the games were built and shipped by Wayne, we all get our games.
If the games were not built then Wayne's suspicion of Homepin lying was correct.

The point being, the games were clearly not built and Homepin was lying.

To this day the games are not built and apparently the hold up now is parts which is interesting as parts supply was one of the main reasons Homepin bragged about manufacturing in china.

#3610 5 years ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

Is it really that simple? Highway sent all of the pre-order buyers an email at the end of January saying they were no longer handling the shipments for the pre-order games, and that we all needed to deal with Homepin directly. If Highway are involved again and this is the process to get your game then they have not let pre-order buyers know this.

He was quoting a post from the 4th of November

#3646 5 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

There is one on site at Pincadia in Brisbane. Pincadia will not get one more cent of my money while this thing is there.
Having that game there on site making money is a slap in the face to the pre order buyers who are still waiting for their game to arrive.

Supplying to operators on route to advertise to gain more sales.
Andrew Heighway did the same thing before he went down.

#3649 5 years ago

I had a long chat with my partner recently regarding the on going saga with Thunderbirds.
My partner has watched me deteriorate over it for quite some time now.

After receiving a threatening email from Homepin recently, I have decided not to post on forums for fear of Homepin taking further action if I do.

As my partner has watched me go down hill, and know how it's affecting myself, I've made the decision to walk away from anything to do with Thunderbirds.

I need to put this down to a bad experience and get on with my life, my health is more important.

I wish all you pre order guys the best of luck getting your games.

: Just a quick Edit gents, I won't post in threads involving Thunderbirds and Homepin, not the forums themselves.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toads.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress?tu=toads and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.