Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #29 Images of flipper coils being assembled in the Homepin factory. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #31 Images of prototype Thunderbirds mechs. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #46 MPU Testing: Image and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #47 Pinball Cab CNC Tests: Images and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #61 Fliipper Coil pictorial Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #122 Delivery trucks being loaded in China Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #130 Factory tour video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #131 Flipper links & other assembly parts Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #142 The plastic used for flipper links Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #153 Flipper buttons Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spoke.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2060 6 years ago

Loved thunderbirds when I was a kid, I hope to see one of these in the US someday so I can check it out. Are they planning to bring it to any of the big shows?

2 months later
#2214 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I didn't "bag anything out" - I simply made a comment based ON MY OPINION!

It was a little more than that, but, sure, your opinion. At the same time, I believe over 400 commercial/production machines have now shipped, between TNA, Houdini and P3, that are running the P-roc boardset, and don't think I have heard of any issues reported that is specifically tied to the boardset. Sounds like Spooky is now planning to use on their next game as well (moving away from a boardset quite similar to yours I believe). Your boardset is now running in how many production machines? A half dozen? Not sure I would be talking about how great and superior it is quite yet.

If you would like to share your specific concerns with the P-roc boardset, great, we'd like to hear it so we can be informed buyers, otherwise, your comment is no more than a troll.

Quoted from Homepin:

Why don't you just mind your own business instead of running around telling tales like a 10 year old.

One thing we can count on with you Mike, is a lack of professionalism and maturity. It continues to surprise me how your respond to prospective customers.

I have had interest in TAG, since I loved it as a kid, but every time you post a rude or arrogant post I find it harder and harder to believe I would ever buy one.

#2218 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I refuse to hide behind political correctness and sweet talking sales BS to keep people happy.

I agree the world has gone over board with political correctness, and will assign false intent to statements people make, but that does not mean you should not treat people with respect. I believe you can voice your opinion and make your point without putting others down or saying things that come across like bullying and being disrespectful.

I am sure you are right that Gary, Jack have opinions that would not sit well with many, but the wisely choose to keep them private vs putting them out there for all to see.

At the end of the day it is your choice to make. I respect your right to choose to post as you do, since you seem to be willing to accept the consequences of it. Not the path I would take, but we each must choose our own. I suggest you give some thought to how you say things, so your message is not lost by the words you choose.

3 years later
#4410 2 years ago

I've played the machine a couple of times, yes, I am glutton for punishment, but I wanted to give it a second try after the ramp change. Reality is lots of things have to come together right for a pinball machine to be good and Thunderbirds just misses on way, way too many things (layout, rules, animation, sound, music, the physical connection/touch points to the machine, etc.). Add to that Mike has 'stepped in it', more than a few times and typically handles those things very poorly as he tends to double down and make it worse vs acknowledging it and apologizing for it. Was a bad look using Ben's board design and not acknowledging it, and without the ability to update code, but he was adamant that it was fine, claiming that the code was going to be perfect and bug free, because his programmer "can hit all the switches with his fingers to test". although if memory serves that comment came after someone asked if the programmer was a good player and would be sure there were not scoring exploits -- yeah, like that ended up mattering (I don't think Mike really understood the question at the time). Ultimately all of this took him from someone everyone was rooting for, to where a lot of people were really turned off by him, which then made the failures of thunderbirds and Mike ripe for schadenfreude and ridicule.

Is Thunderbirds better than AMH, Spooky's first effort? Probably, but certainly pales to the first machines from JJP and American Pinball (although as of now, he is still better than Deeproot, as Mike did build and ship games). Now that Joe Balcer, who helped JJP and AP get off the ground, is working with homepin, maybe the next game will be a big step up. Not holding my breathe. Spooky succeeded despite AMH, because Charlie is likable and people wanted to root for him, as Mike became more and more unlikable, he lost the support, now he has to deliver a great game before he can turn that tide.

I will say the locking/MB start sequence has great theme integration and is pretty cool the first few time you see it, but the duration of that process is just way, way too long and not like you skip through it like you can with animations.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spoke.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress?tu=spoke and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.