Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #29 Images of flipper coils being assembled in the Homepin factory. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #31 Images of prototype Thunderbirds mechs. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #46 MPU Testing: Image and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #47 Pinball Cab CNC Tests: Images and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #61 Fliipper Coil pictorial Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #122 Delivery trucks being loaded in China Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #130 Factory tour video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #131 Flipper links & other assembly parts Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #142 The plastic used for flipper links Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #153 Flipper buttons Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rascal_h.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#563 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

There has been some comment in other threads on Pinside about the viability of Homepin as a manufacturer mainly brought about by the problems faced by other new pinball startups recently so I would like to set the record straight.
The very first thing that needs to be understood is that Homepin are currently manufacturers - today - right now! We currently ship a container about every 6 weeks of Hankin arcade tables.
Homepin also ships an average of 300 replacement PCBs for existing pinball machines per month. In fact we sent over 600 just last week by EMS to two resellers.
We are not relying on selling pinball machines to survive. Homepin already has a profitable manufacturing business and a fully functioning factory. We are playing our FINISHED prototype pinball machines daily. We can't show them yet because some artwork is not approved and some toys cannot be manufactured yet due licencing procedures. James from Homepin is currently (in fact today) in a face to face meeting with ITV in London to discuss some of these holdups and find a smooth way forward that suits all parties.
Homepin already has firm orders for at least two containers of Thunderbirds pinball machines for the USA. We will not be able to build these until our obligations to Australian customers are fulfilled so they won't be ready for the USA until, at the earliest, mid next year.
Anyway - I do find it necessary to defend myself when a few naysayers start spouting crap with no knowledge of what they are talking about and zero knowledge of my background. These naysayers conveniently overlook the FACT that Homepin is already a well established business in the amusement machine industry. We are nothing like all of the other recent startups in that we already have our own factory, existing products to manufacture and sell and we are simply adding to our range of products with our own pinball machines.

Thanks for the corrections to my comments. Didn't realize there was so much going on already. Excuse my ignorance.

It's obvious you're doing things on a different level. While Heighway was at the hardware store buying another bag of zipties Homepin was buying more shelving to house the hundreds of factory fresh machine ready pinball parts.

If I could respectfully make two suggestions:
1) Don't get into pissing contests on the forum. That's for idiots like me. You're bigger than that.
2) Make a good Back to the Future pin

3 months later
#1179 6 years ago

I was interested in the Hompin product but I choose to not support a racist/homophobe. I’m out.

#1202 6 years ago

I mean, if using the F word to describe a homosexual and the N word to describe an African-American is something that is cool with you then by all means continue to support Mike and his company. Not exactly sure how this is being used to vilify someone who simply reported the statements word-for-word.

1 week later
#1442 6 years ago

Team America

F4C5A6C2-4A1A-474E-A1A9-70848334EEFF (resized).jpegF4C5A6C2-4A1A-474E-A1A9-70848334EEFF (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#1693 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

...the IP was released under an open source license. No commerical deliveries have occurred yet, so there is no "IP theft" at this point. However, there is an attempt to slander Homepin. If you've ever been slandered on the internet by someone, you might be more careful with your words.

Since you seem to be an authority on the matter, please explain. Why so vague?

#1698 6 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

He obviously doesn’t understand how open source licensing works. Open source does not allow people to just steal shit. Credit needs to be given and any core modifications need to be released and made public.
Neither of which have occurred. Thus it’s theft.

I agree. Pretty much going to be on Heck’s side of any argument. He’s kinda smart if you haven’t noticed.

#1701 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

...the IP was released under an open source license. No commerical deliveries have occurred yet, so there is no "IP theft" at this point. However, there is an attempt to slander Homepin. If you've ever been slandered on the internet by someone, you might be more careful with your words.

Quoted from PinSinner:

You need to learn how to use the word "allegedly". You should start using it, because at this point your comments are close to becoming slanderous IMO.

When did the fun pinball website become overrun with wannabe lawyers?

You need milk.

2AFE2EC2-3527-4693-A6A0-BE4BA98EDEB5 (resized).jpeg2AFE2EC2-3527-4693-A6A0-BE4BA98EDEB5 (resized).jpeg

#1771 6 years ago

Zero fucks given.

#1788 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Well, this is unfortunate. I had enjoyed following the progress being made in this thread and having a peek inside a manufacturing facility.

Manufacturers have always had a rough time participating on forums because of all the critical attention directed towards them. Mike's approach to dealing with that was....interesting (for lack of a better word).

Mike sure lost a lot of my respect today because of the fact he did use Ben's PinHeck system without permission, and then threw a tantrum when he was caught and called out for it. This shows the complete lack of respect for someone else's very hard work and I'm incredibly disappointed.

Instead of a response like "Sorry, I shouldn't have done that" or "How can I make this right", we got "I can do anything I want. You guys are all meanies and I'm taking my ball and going home".

There was lots of stuff to lose respect for him for before he was called out for stealing Ben’s work.

I’ve lost respect for anyone it took this long to lose respect.

#1808 6 years ago

I like Ben’s theory from a podcast that we can’t talk about.

To paraphrase (and correct me if I’m wrong) - Mike’s objective is to sell his Chinese parts that he’s manufactured and the whole pinball thing is secondary.

Maybe he’s just trying to get bought out by Stern or something.

#1899 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'm willing to bury the hatchet. I just wanted our work to be acknowledged, which it has been.

Here’s where Mike comes back, digs up the hatchet, and lodges it firmly in your back while muttering more insults about your work.

#1905 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

My take (for humor only):
Mike: Can I use your code and/or board design, pretty please?
Ben: No
Mike: Ok! (proceeds to use code and board design anyways)
Ben: Hey I thought I said you couldn't use my stuff, now you are using it and not even crediting me?
Mike: Your code sucks and your design is generic! I had nothing to do with this it was a third party that just conveniently stole your ideas that I asked to use before! I love it! I hate it! I'm using it!
Ben: <facepalm>

That’s actually what happened though.

#1941 6 years ago

Anyone think the game has a chance of getting better with Mike running the company?

Is it true Mike has chosen to do a sequel to Dominos for his next game?

#1943 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

How the hell is that constructive? It IS Mike's company!!! Do you think he would sell up just cause of some negative feedback??

1) You’re not the king of me.

2) I can point out a number of statements from Mike that are far from constructive. Should I be rooting for his success?

#1945 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I'm not the king of anyone, not trying to be either. It's been established already that you're not a fan of the machine and probably not Mike either. It's also been established that Mike is gonna continue on with the project despite the negative backlash, although it seems he is taking on board the constructive criticisms and perhaps making changes that will fix issues.

I feel like he can JPop it all he wants and it will still be a ‘meh’ game. If he truly wants to fix the ‘issues’ he should take a long, hard look in the mirror.

That said, I’m not so emotionally invested in Mike’s success or failure that I need to stick around and beat the proverbial dead horse. I’d wish Mike good luck, but I feel he needs a lot more than that.

#1955 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Sorry, couldnt read any more after this opening line....reminds me of a kid saying "I know you are but what am I"

Too bad. One of my favorite lines. Good thing I’m not looking to be supported by Seinfeld fans. I’m only interested in appealing to Cheers and MASH fans.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rascal_h.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress?tu=rascal_h and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.