Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #29 Images of flipper coils being assembled in the Homepin factory. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #31 Images of prototype Thunderbirds mechs. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #46 MPU Testing: Image and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #47 Pinball Cab CNC Tests: Images and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #61 Fliipper Coil pictorial Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #122 Delivery trucks being loaded in China Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #130 Factory tour video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #131 Flipper links & other assembly parts Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #142 The plastic used for flipper links Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #153 Flipper buttons Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_syd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2943 5 years ago

G'day folks,

I'm surprised that there hasn't been any updates to this thread since Newcastle Pinball Association's PINFEST event over the weekend, which hosted seminars from three manufacturers, including Gary Stern (thank you Gary for flying over 20 hours to visit us) and Mike from Homepin.

There were two of Homepin's TB's running solidly all weekend, including throughout two lock out sessions. Game play has much improved since the last prototype which I played exactly 12 months ago at the last Pinfest event.

Mike gave a very professional presentation, at which we were informed that the first run of units had already been exported to Canada and that those with pre-sale orders or deposits would soon be fulfilled.

Apart from being able to demonstrate the incredible difficulties and many hoops that the company has faced during the last 12 months to obtain final CE compliance and certification, I felt the best statement Mike made was as follows;

"Our objectives were to make a pinball that two half pissed guys in a pub could play and have have a bit of fun on. I think we've achieved that".

On Saturday night there were allot more than two half pissed blokes and gals doing exactly that on TB.

So here's a guy that fronted up to the show, in spite of the knockers, wingers, and skeptics to face the music, answer questions, provide assurance with facts and two finished machines, to back Homepin's efforts.

Mike probably wouldn't know me and I couldn't say I know him. But I've been following this saga for several years and feel for those who have held their breath in anticipation and waited very patiently for their machines.

Despite the all the odds, I'd be feeling much more confident after what I've witnessed over the weekend.

Congrats Homepin!

IMG_5138 (resized).JPGIMG_5138 (resized).JPG
#2946 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Glad to hear it looked like a great event
Can I ask who the 3rd Manufacturer was?

Arcooda CEO, Steve Josifovski will be a guest speaker at this years Pinfest Newcastle, taking place over September 22-23. Steve will provide a 1-hour seminar from 12.30-1.30pm on the Saturday. A prototype of the Arcooda Pinball Ultra will also be on display for customers to play. Other guest speakers for the event include Gary Stern […]

#2948 5 years ago

Anyone can have virtually anything made in China. Arcooda engineer and design high end products, of which VP, VR and combined multi platform gaming are just one component of what they manufacture.

Just because there’s no moving parts, doesn’t mean their product doesn’t undergo design, trial and rigorous testing.

I have little interest in VP personally but appreciate there are other platforms which draw peoples interest into pinball. For anyone who didn’t attend the seminar, it’s unwarrented to think they just slap a cabinet together in China and have it shipped over for sale to the local market.

There’s quite a bit of innovation going on in the VP scene and to discredit them as not being manufacturers is completely unfair and unwarrented.

#2964 5 years ago

Agreed, very technical, well balance and unbiased review ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ Dangerwil

Hope you ticked insurance with the freighters though...

#2965 5 years ago
Quoted from Lysurgeon:

Lets get back on track....this game fucking sucks. The rules are terrible, the sound gets distorted, the middle ramp is thin and cheap, terrible rules, its a clunkfest to shoot, and did i mention the terrible rules?

"Our objectives were to make a pinball that two half pissed guys in a pub could play and have have a bit of fun on. I think we've achieved that".

I think Mike was referring to alcahol, not agro...

#2966 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Nice balanced review.
Bit hard to see the wood for the trees with reviews of this pin....

I thought the trees are actually one of the most entertaining features about the ball locks. They shudder in way which reminded me of the launch sequence for TB2 taking off.

The entrance of the multiball entering in the top left corner of the PF from beneath the retractable kidney shaped pool. Look out... it’s TB1.

Man, what other things can I geek out about?

Okay maybe the deep rule set just isn’t there yet, maybe it won’t ever get there and maybe it wasn’t suppose to ever be there. But for the average Gerry Anderson collector, or those two half pissed guys in the pub having a bit of fun, or aspiring young n old pinballers, there’s just as many who couldn’t care less.

Heck I know of guys who only had one dedicated pin like Dr Who or STNG cause they are fans of the show more than fans of pinball. Point being, not every pin needs to be complicated and complex to simply enjoy. I know guys who play EM all night long and couldn’t give a shit about deep rules. In fact, deep rules would probably piss them off and effect ball play continuity. TB still requires skill to prolong the ball in play and thats the challenge of what makes pinball fun and luring for more.

If you want deep rule sets, that can get repetitive as well, then maybe this isn’t the pinball for you?

#2971 5 years ago
Quoted from Lysurgeon:

This is false. All you have to do is keep one ball always locked. If you drain, no big deal because it will kick your locked ball out to keep playing with. All you have to do is relock and play forever.

PLAY FOREVER!!

0EE30323-BB2E-4359-955F-4802E6D7A4A5 (resized).jpeg0EE30323-BB2E-4359-955F-4802E6D7A4A5 (resized).jpeg
#3016 5 years ago
Quoted from railways:

Hi,
My name is Jeff and this is my 1st post on Pinside.
I'm a pre order TAG buyer as well from OZ and my slated number was #0002. More about that later I guess.
cheers, Jeff

G’day Jeff,

Welcome to Pinside!

You sure did pick a hum dinger of a thread to first post on.

Lots of Aussie’s here!

Congrats on supplying such wonderful products and offering free advice to enthusiasts as you have to me on the past, with a great attitude that demonstrates “people and passion before profits”.

Enjoy the ride...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_syd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress?tu=pinball_syd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.