Topic Stats

• 4,121 posts
  • 395 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by Ballypinball
  • Topic is favorited by 168 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 755 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

screen-capture-4 (resized).png
73209863_556397155132432_4970388802087419904_n (resized).jpg
Kung Fu Panda (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).PNG
59FF4170-B1EA-4724-9123-195B90D84BC5 (resized).png
letsmakeadeal (resized).jpg
truth (resized).jpg
screen-capture-8 (resized).png
rampage (resized).jpg
59546319_448232989282183_8360119207047725056_n (resized).jpg
IMG_2927 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 7.47.02 pm.png
59546319_448232989282183_8360119207047725056_n (resized).jpg
99D1AA11-1443-414C-A49B-3B3177C76184 (resized).jpeg
59363232_447010972713392_259249182378819584_n (resized).jpg
2102F2C3-3B12-4112-AEFE-6F8EFFF1B965 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #29 Images of flipper coils being assembled in the Homepin factory. Posted by Homepin (3 years ago)

Post #31 Images of prototype Thunderbirds mechs. Posted by Homepin (3 years ago)

Post #46 MPU Testing: Image and Video Posted by Homepin (3 years ago)

Post #47 Pinball Cab CNC Tests: Images and Video Posted by Homepin (3 years ago)

Post #61 Fliipper Coil pictorial Posted by Homepin (3 years ago)

Post #122 Delivery trucks being loaded in China Posted by Homepin (3 years ago)

Post #130 Factory tour video Posted by Homepin (3 years ago)

Post #131 Flipper links & other assembly parts Posted by Homepin (3 years ago)

Post #142 The plastic used for flipper links Posted by Homepin (3 years ago)

Post #153 Flipper buttons Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #162 Coin door Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #188 Power supply Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #196 Rubbers Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #607 Final Artwork approved and being applied in test sizes Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #1020 Thunderbirds official flyer Posted by musketd (2 years ago)

Post #1103 Thunderbirds: First look under the playfield Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_freak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Finally a company in this hobby that gives a hoot about quality. Boy I'm just tired of reading about the cheapening of pinball.

I appreciate Mike's approach, all along he has said he would not show details of PF/art which is cool and just adds to the anticipation of what this will look like.

Seeing the business and parts coming together over the past 3 years has been reassuring, as a pre order buyer the focus on quality in all parts of this pin has been great. I was lucky enough to see some of them first hand at pinfest. Can't wait to see final product early 17.

Keep the updates coming Mike, hoping to see my pin in the background soon lol

#65 3 years ago

Mike use the speaker that your holding, you may need a bigger cabinet lol.

Great to see all parts coming together. I like the blue flipper colour, is that to match art?

2 weeks later
#152 2 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Yeah, but that small number of fully paid preorders get their games first

As a pre order buyer, Mike has stuck to his word and kept us informed along the way. I've had my money in for almost three years, so getting pin(with topper) first is great and appreciated. It would suck if others who didn't support Mike for this time, got their pins or new orders ship first.

Keep the updates coming.....great to see light at the end of the tunnel!

2 weeks later
#206 2 years ago

Looking good Mike, HNY. Can't wait to see/play the completed pin...appreciate update on parts, they look solid.

2 weeks later
#229 2 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

It's amazing how much dust gets on things when they sit on a shelf even for a couple of weeks. We want to make sure everything is perfect when we start assembling machines very soon.

As a buyer it's appreciated, the care you have taken the whole way through this project has been exceptional Mike. You must be felling good knowing you're close to being able to assemble final machines, after all the things you have been through to get here. Congrats. Can't wait to see it?

Will your next pin be announced shortly after Thunderbirds? Interested in knowing what it will be! Any hints yet.

3 months later
#474 2 years ago

That sucks Mike. Hope things get sorted soon.

On a positive note, really like the TAG side art. Fits the theme perfectly. Can't wait to see more now! Has the PF art been approved? Looking forward to putting this in my line up, think it will be on the end so you can see the whole cab. Good luck with rest of build, anxiously waiting full pin reveal and email on shipping details.

4 weeks later
#526 2 years ago

Looking good Mike. With things getting closer now! Are you planning on sending another update to pre order buyers soon? As you have done in the past. It would be appreciated. Cheers

#529 2 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

It would have gone out by now actually but James is in London meeting with ITV to finalise a few details and he will get it out very shortly.

Thanks for prompt reply. Hope all goes well at meeting in London. Look forward to update, cheers.

1 week later
#590 2 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

We made good progress with a few niggly things but the most constructive thing to come from the meeting was that they agreed to allow us to show the machine at Pinfest (Newcastle Australia) regardless of the approvals status at that time.

Great to hear! I will be at Pinfest so really looking forward to seeing this in person. Is the plan to ship other pins(pre order) with the ones coming to Pinfest? It's been so long now it would be disappointing if your unable, waiting on approvals.

Good luck with rest of build....I'm working out where I'm going to put it! Have my Dr Who listed on AA, hope it sells before TAG arrives.

2 weeks later
#656 2 years ago

Mike, I fully understand your frustration trolls are pathetic on Pinside. Most new threads have about 1 informative post for every 50 posts. As an Aussie I posted in a thread regarding pricing of new sterns in Aust. Within a couple of minutes a troll had quoted my post only adding a pic of a "black person" which I took as a racial attack on Aussie's. It's things like this why I don't post much on here.

Please rethink your position with this thread! You owe it to yourself! The audience you have attracted through this thread is very interested in following your progress and appreciates all the information you have shared.

Don't let the trolls win!! There are a lot of good genuine people on here that will support you! Anyone up for a bit of troll bashing?

2 weeks later
#762 2 years ago

Mike has committed to sending out update to pre order buyers by the end of this week. He is rushing to get prototype pin ready by 30th Aug to ship to Australia for Pinfest in October! I think this will be the first time we will get to see completed pin...Mike will prob not allow pics if pin has not been revealed to public. Will take pics and post if allowed....it's getting close now 5432 just waiting on 1 pin then TAG....FAB!

#763 2 years ago

Mike just posted a short vid on AA. Can already see there is more toys on pin than SW lol

Shows TB1 ball lock release coming up through pool, looks cool. Not sure if it will be posted here.

3 weeks later
#913 2 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

It was $5432.10 for pre order, so thats $4312... Not sure how long ago it was when you could have bought a new game for that.

It will be about 4 years Rich from having to have money down to pin being available! We also get a limited topper which will not be available on non pre order pins...can't wait!

1 month later
#1170 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I think there must be a ramp with an entrance just above those two arrow inserts which hasn't been put on the playfield yet.

From what I've seen there is definitely something missing.....it will all make sense when you see it finished! Pop is not as exposed as it looks from above pic. Not long now!

#1173 2 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

I didnt think it had been released yet.
Where did you see it?

In a short vid. GI testing. Mike shared but I'm not allowed to show anything. If you're a pre order buyer, PM Mike and ask can't hurt. Cheers

1 week later
#1222 2 years ago

All these posts and nothing new! Aussie's get accused of being everything. We tend to be happy go lucky people but political correctness and the Aussie "sense of humour", often gets taken out of context.

I don't know Mike personally but have had enough interactions with him over the past five years to make my own opinion of him. I'm 100% behind him, I don't always agree with his comments and often think he would be better off not posting non TAG specific info.

I very excited about playing this pin at Pinfest next Saturday. Having a beer and a laugh with Mike......let's not forget it's only pinball. Cheers

#1243 2 years ago

From Homepin FB page

"The two Thunderbirds on the way to Pinfest have cleared customs and should be delivered today"

#1360 2 years ago

Told the kids we are now bogans...still laughing! My two boys are half American lol

IMG_0149 (resized).JPG

#1365 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Gameplay videos? Game progress ? Or did a bunch of jerks high jack this thread?

That's what we all want. Games will be setup to play this Sat. Not sure if we can video but I'm sure a video won't be far behind release. Mike prob has to wait for final approval which should be soon!

Yes...thread was taken over by "insert your own words" jealous trolls!

#1484 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Totally agree that needs to be allowed to play out before the balls are released, when I was watching the video I was watching the DMD and didn't realise at 3 the balls where back in play, it is the most iconic moment in the series/licence so it should be given priority and allowed to play out to full fanfare. Game does look promising, I am certainly going to keep my eye on this as it develops further, so far it looks great.
EDIT: Is Thunderbird 4 represented anywhere??

TB4 is at the top of PF three roll over switches feeding pops "T" "B" "4". Cheers

#1511 2 years ago

Attended Pinfest and pin looks great, but there still seems to be a lot of refinement required. When I asked how long would it be before I got my pin "3-6months".

Looks like the 54321 deposit is also aligned to the timing of how long it will take from deposit to receipt of pin:
5 Years
4 Months
3 Days
2 hours
1 minute

I missed this on the original flyer lol

1 month later
#2014 2 years ago

I really don’t care for all this shit. I just want to know when this pin will be ready??

At this point I’m so frustrated I can’t get a straight answer. The last two Pinfest’s was told pin is 3-6months away!! From what I can work out this will be missed again.

Mike update your customers when our pins will be ready.... 6 months ago we were asked to select type of coin door then nothing! What’s the latest with code? PF changes?

#2023 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

after any period a buyer with a question for a vendor still needs to ask that vendor .. not post it online for others to play "stacks on" with..

Is this a joke!!

I have requested many updates and emailed Mike! At this point as Pete said FB is not worth the effort, yet we were told this is where to get updates. Hmm I have no where else to go, so I posted here and surprise Mike responds...hmm!

There could also be a reason why people are quick to “stacks on”. If you have been following for as long as I have you should understand Mike has brought this upon himself! Cheers

#2027 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

If this was built in Australia it is guaranteed to be a much better product, on time and making money for Homepin and operators by now. GUARANTEED.
Look at all the crap that HOMEPIN is copping due to building in China. Will probably cost more in the end and not just monetary. Any regrets there I wonder?
Regardless of our high labour costs, we just make it happen. This statement is also based on other manufacturers and Government experiences.
Now HOMEPIN are whinging ( again ) that it is so hard to build in China because of all the hurdles. Is there another time frame given for this who pre-ordered or will that slip by due to more licensing issues with new toys, legalities and getting things right the first time etc.?
I feel for those who have had faith in this venture and are constantly let down. May it come to fruition soon and all concerned be happy.
I might add that not all people in OZ want high paid jobs making manufacturing unviable, absolute BULLSHIT.
Job security and job satisfaction generally counter acts the associated labour costs benefits that appear to be better in offshore endeavours.
GOD BLESS AUSTRALIA

Nothing formal only what was posted on AA “March 17” I think he ment March ‘18!

Reading his post I was surprised to read there are still issues with licensing, I won’t say about other comments in post as nothing positive...felt like I had read it several times before! Way overplayed.

Hope to get details soon if it is shipping in March? Still pumped to be getting new pin(s) in Jan TNA and Mar?TAG.

8 months later
#2654 1 year ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

thank you for the offer
i only know of 4 other people rrom victoria who have ordered a game
so i am not sure if it is worth your time

I’m in Sydney but can pick up from Melbourne, I only know of 2 other people in Sydney who pre ordered. Mike should be able to advise if there is enough to fill balance of container.

#2664 1 year ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Very simple - acting "nice" is just BS and if people are conned by that then more fool them! I tell it how it is and that might upset the snowflakes - tough!
I am doing everything possible to help the (very few) pre-buyers. They inputted about $50K and I put in 5 years of my life and $3M - I think I have the bigger share of say!
I am offering them MORE than was originally agreed and they are crying like little children.
I have busted my balls more than anyone could ever imagine to make this project happen and I won't allow "wannabe" trolls to pull me down, and this place has more than its fair share of them.
Don't like me, fine, go and try doing it yourself or just keep buying Stern. Problem solved BUT get off my back when you have no connection to me or my business.
Way you go - downvote this post - see if I give a F..................

Wow Mike you really know how to show respect for people that supported you, we only want our pins but you keep belittling us. Stop your BS and ship our games.
You want honesty when you have not been straight up with people so many times in the past. So keep having a go at us and I will happily post everything from day one to now. People would then have a better understanding of why pre ordered customers are pissed.

FYI Spooky treat their customers with respect, no BS. Works for them pity you don’t see/ care how you come across.

2 weeks later
#2894 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Do you happen to have copies of that communication?

All pre order customers have this info, plus a lot of other communications Pete is not lying so I’m not sure why Mike keeps shooting him down. Last communication from Highway stated they could not give us shipping details as they could not get timing for when games would be available off Mike. Games are not being made due to issues at Homepin.

Time to fess up and tell the truth Mike...lies turn this thread to shit. You need to take some ownership and stop blaming others for this situation.

2 months later
#3195 1 year ago
Quoted from julo:

Is my machine in the container on the sea?

Julien, your pin like most of the pre order guys won’t be available to Highway until end Jan. hopefully shipping in Feb.

Only pre orders who were contacted to pay shipping would have their pin in container.

I like you expected them to be ready based on our last Homepin update in June where it clearly states ALL parts are available to build our games. Things have changed since that update so I suggest you contact Highway they have been doing the best they can to get the latest updates to us. Cheers

#3197 1 year ago
Quoted from MIL:

Good luck getting an answer to that Jules . I've asked Highway a few times and even tried asking Mike here in my previous post above if my machine ( serial # 0005 ) which was the second machine pre-ordered and paid for in full , is in the container that's on it's way . Instead of getting a simple yes or no we get a detailed post of useless info as to building cabinets and air line fitting prices .
And before anyone asks "have I paid for shipping yet" . The answer is NO because Highway has not invoiced me for it yet nor do they even know how much it will be at this stage .
So I will ask again : " homepin is my machine ( serial number 5 ) on it's way or not ? YES or NO ".

The latest I have from Highway:

“Homepin Pre-Order Customers

We have started shipping the first units to customers, but please note it is VERY low numbers based on already manufactured cabinets/shells.

The current estimate for the new cabinets being built will be late January. These will include the upgrades on the machines. Our goal is to send container based shipments to QLD, NSW, and VIC to satisfy each state. We will only contact you once we have clear information from Homepin and will work with you for all local logistics. To also answer your earlier question, once we have this information we will also be able to send out clear prices and shipping rates.”

3 weeks later
#3333 12 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I wish I could say I feel sorry for the guy.. but you look back through this thread and see some of the nonsense and head-scratching comments he's made as the president of a company that's speaking directly to his buying base, and you really have to wonder. I'm all about supporting industry folk, but not if they're going to behave like that. When you plop down down coin on a NIB game – serious coin – you want to know that it will be backed from the top to the bottom of the company by competence and confidence... frankly, even if I liked TB, I don't think I'd risk putting money toward a product that's backed by support of someone willing to operate himself publicly in a manner like this. I felt the same exact way about Heighway (but for slightly different reasons).
I respect that some collectors are willing to look past this nonsense and only want to focus on a game or a specific title... I just can't.

I’ve been in fully paid for 5 years. Initially I was happy to help an Aussie start up a Pinball company back then we were told two key things: well known designer and programmer were on board.

So for 5 years I’ve been watching and sadly over the past 2 years the earlier BS has come to the surface and Mike has no one to blame but himself for this situation. In small communities the truth will always come out.

Mike if you are still reading this thread.....answer my emails FFS! You have shut down all avenues of communication, way to build a customer base, not!

#3344 12 months ago
Quoted from Toads:

Hey Gav, good to hear your still on the sidelines.
I was only speaking to Allison last night about you.
That you have been quiet of late.
By my figures, there's only around eight of us left who paid in full in the first wave five years ago.
Hang in there

Thanks Mark. Say hello to Allison for me. Stayed quiet because it’s been so frustrating and if I let go it won’t be positive, so best to say little.

It was great to catch up at the barn, with 5 of us pre orders there sharing stories. At least we were all on the same page but Mike is reading from a different book. Let’s hope our games are available in Jan as per latest estimate from Highway, but not holding hopes to high. Cheers

2 weeks later
#3372 11 months ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

production is finished? since when???? please dont make things up.
the original untwisted message from facebook for those interested ..
///
Now that the design of Thunderbirds Pinball is complete, and we are gradually filing all orders, a few of our staff have a lot less to do so they are preparing things for Homepin title number two! Starting with trimming the red bumper caps from the sprue.
We had our plastic mould modified slightly to add a diffuser center section which will save us having to fit a sticker to each cap.
///
staff member trimming those cabs is nothing to do with your game being built. would you rather she lost her job or did something productive.?

I would hate to twist anything??? Early 2019 is all Highway can advise on expected availability of our games!! Last made up update from Homepin early this year clearly states all parts are ready to build our games ha ha.

Last games shown on FB page shipped to WA, Highway advised this was organised before they came onboard! Once again games shipped with pre orders overlooked. We were on board first.

Mike was the biggest fiction writer on here, so if your going to continue I have a long list! Merry Christmas

#3374 11 months ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

Continue? Not remotely interested in arguring thanks. Civil logic and facts is ok. Nothing else interests me. The wa container you mentioned is true. They paid their freight and gst the same as you were offered. It’s preorders being shipped. That’s good right? No one disputes you got hit by the failed forecast that shipping would be simpler but early 2019 starts in a week away so that’s pretty soon. Your personal attack on mike is irrelevant bluster. Should he sack everyone who isn’t building your game? Or get them onto progress so he’s around to support it. Try and see past the me me me me I want my game thing. It’s not just about you. You’re perfectly entitled to be sad you don’t have yours yet but let’s try and appreciate that games are shipping so your day will come. Wishing him to lose everything is just nasty

I think you have mixed your posts up....I have never wished him to lose everything.

We were never given shipping and gst invoices...so it’s wrong to think we held this part of the process up it’s just not true.

4 weeks later
#3441 10 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

Hey it's the same high score entry screen as AMH!
So they stole our boards AND code. Wankers.

So I’ve had the code for 4 years in AMH great, so after 5 years update yesterday from Highway was your machine can be shipped LCL but it’s not available, told have to wait for all the people who paid first!!! Funny how one of my league members got his pin already and only paid a year ago.

Just more delays and BS. I hope all other original pre orders have their pins now and I’m the only one waiting.

2 weeks later
#3487 9 months ago
Quoted from embryon:

I hope I understand correctly. No new order will come from stock until the pre order guys are done and dusted, except for the likes of chrisco and (not sure what this means), or bulk buyers.
If so it's going to make it some what easy to see how sales are going as it's not hard to find out how many preorders are still waiting.

Most of the original pre order pins have not shipped or are not made. About 4 have their games. No word on next container timing. It’s almost been 5 years 4 months etc from when I paid in full....maybe my game is two months away and this is the true reason for delay, I wish! 54321 TAG not.

#3498 9 months ago
Quoted from julo:

I feel for Highway, they have tried, they have communicated well with me as a pre-order customer.
Alas, I have no machine and now fear I'll never receive one : (
I don't believe anyone in Adelaide Australia has received one to date.
Would love to hear the "what next" from Homepin and Mike.
I must say it is hard to watch machines get built on the Homepin Facebook Factory page and get shipped to places other than Australia.
For me, waiting patiently doesn't appear to have helped.
Regards,
Julien Greening

Julien, there is one in Adelaide(not original pre order customer). Long story how it got there, the owner wants to stay anonymous. I believe this to be true from info I have been told and other things I can’t say.

Let’s hope we get some good news soon! I wish Mike would respond to emails, bloody frustrating!

#3507 9 months ago
Quoted from embryon:

Genuine question after seeing a photo of Alice Cooper pin at spooky. How does homepin compare to spooky staffing wiseand even warehouse/production capability wise. Are we comparing apples with apples or not

Spooky have grown over the last 5 years. When they started they were way smaller than Homepin. They only just made it over the line with AMH, they had not planned to ship international but there was 6 of us Aussie’s keen to get it. Shipping games to Australia help them keep the business open, so glad they did.

The sad part is Mike had my money before I had to pay deposit for AMH. I now also have RZ, TNA and ACNC(deposit down). Money was allocated for Homepin pins but Mike’s loss was Spooky’s win.

4 weeks later
#3546 8 months ago

If anyone is actually interested in game build status, this is the latest position of the remaining 10 to 12 pre order pins:

Games have not been built, waiting on parts...no timing provided!

Mike needs more orders to start the line up, so if anyone out there is thinking of ordering one, now is the time!

I’m just one of those frustrated pre-order guys.

#3548 8 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yours is one of those last ones Gavin?

Thanks Mark. Only fair I guess, mine must be special. Cheers

#3551 8 months ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

So Mike spent over a million dollars on this venture and he can't afford to put 50k up to finish these 10-12 games for the preorders to clean the slate? Is a matter of principal or something! I don't get it.

We don’t get it either! I’m just dizzy from going around in circles for the last two years. Trying to give Mike every chance to fix this situation but it may come to a point where further action is needed. Just a sad situation we’re in, for all parties involved.

#3560 8 months ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

they wont get the games without paying the freight and gst. They're sitting there.. some in nsw, some in china..
when they get online its rar rar rar.. but when they get a call to pay their bill .. <silence>..

Doug this is just bullshit. We have not ever had the option to pay shipping. Highways last response was my game could not ship LCL as it is not made? Guess I’m just making that up to. The reality is Mike sold our games, just accept it! The stuff about shipping is just white noise coming from Mike.

Stop posting crap.

#3563 8 months ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

so just to confim...you're willing to pay the outstanding tax and lcl to highway if you're called tommorow with an invoice and bank details?

Now your just being a smart arse, you know nothing about my personal situation and what has gone on behind the scenes trying to get our games shipped. Why would I not pay, words are cheap but actions are real I’ve paid for all my Spooky games when INVOICED, I only buy NIB now. As you can see my mate also not impressed with your dribble!

28F8839E-782B-4B31-9AB1-3C184B8895A0 (resized).jpeg
#3565 8 months ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

again back to the start .. they wont get the games without paying the freight and gst. They're sitting there.. some in nsw, some in china..
when they get online its rar rar rar.. but when they get a call to pay their bill .. <silence> ( or bluster bluster look at me) ..
when you're ready to pay ill help you.. in the meantime go you ... rar rar

Ok so all the emails I have are just lies from Mike and Highway....thanks for clearing that up. You seem to know more than any one else about game status. Let me go back to the beginning again and again! you can’t pay freight and GST with out an invoice. Don’t make out we are refusing to pay it’s disrespectful for those of us that have complied to everything requested of us for over 5 years! Have a nice day!

#3570 8 months ago
Quoted from embryon:

Well there's some in nsw so shipping is done and dusted. Get highway to call you and get the invoice. If they don't provide one then that would be strange and doug can get one for you. That should sort out the men from the boys and end this merry go round. Yes?

The games at Highway are their stock, which they paid Mike for to sell in Aust. Anyone can buy one now, that bit is simple to sort. Which Doug failed to explain.

If Highway were to sell one to a preorder Mike would have to pay them our 5.5k deposit first yes? Good luck with that!

#3580 8 months ago
Quoted from Toads:

Close, but no Cigar.

toads Kind of sounds like someone from our group on AA! Am I close?

#3626 8 months ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

What I don't get is GST and shipping costs isn't due till the games arrive in Australia, and the GST amount would be hard to work out exactly beforehand as its based on several things, the exchange rate on the date shipped, the number of games and local customs fees and charges.
Say 5 shipped, then the local customs agent will supply a breakdown of costs, the shipping etc which the local receiver would pay or they can sell your game to recover the customs and GST fees.
So I really don't get it?

Agree 100% Wayne, we still don’t get it! As a group we have advised Mike games need to be made before we worry about shipping. Yes I clearly stated when charges are due and when we would pay. Definitely not paying these costs until Pin is complete and ready to ship.

His insistence that we must pay these before games made is arse about. I was a logistics Manager before I retired, exporting, importing and manufacturing legal drugs. I have a good understanding of process yet Mike continually says bullshit just to appease the few.

Don’t forget Mike changed our conditions regarding prioritising when game would be made shipped based on when shipping was paid....this allowed new money and games to be shipped to his mates. The original preorders just keep getting pushed down the list...never even given an invoice.

#3629 8 months ago

Wow interesting post on Aussie Arcade. Congrats to the new buyers of TAG who should have their pin in 3 weeks but don’t post anything about your game online as we don’t what to let the preorders know! Ha

Just quietly Farrrrrrrrrrk!

Come on Doug or ChuckChallenger tell me it’s not true! I’m really hoping it’s wrong.

1 week later
#3681 8 months ago

The facts:
Games are being supplied to original preorders now. Some are being air freighted this weekend. One is mine so the long wait is nearing the end. Game #92
Others are coming in a container currently being organised, with a June/July date.

So things are happening slowly but it’s going in the right direction.

I’ve been negative in the past, for good reason. But it’s time to stay positive for the remaining guys waiting for their pins.

#3696 8 months ago

Just had it confirmed code is coming in final testing. Allowing user to customise game to their liking. Plus bug fixes.

#3702 8 months ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Last time I pulled a ROM chip I bent one of the pins beyond repair. I'm a layman though, without the proper tools, like err. many pinball owners I guess. Safe ROM pulling and reinstallation is not your typical screwdriver, soldering iron, socket set kind of maintenance.

ROM chip not required to be removed, new updating process about to be revealed where this is no longer required.

#3712 8 months ago

Did you get yours yet Dude or is it this weekend and what do you reckon?

It’s close now, working with freight company to sort clearance. Hope to get this week but maybe early next week. Will post a review after a few games. Cheers Gavin aka Dude

1 week later
#3720 7 months ago

#92 finally here after the short 5years 4months 13day wait...if it was 10 days later it would have been 5y 4m 3w 2d 1h so close.

9EC39F62-3B63-4E8B-BA17-1A680B2FA03F (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#3859 7 months ago
Quoted from Retropin:

Remember the SECRET room at Pinfest???
Ha ha ha ha!!!!
And then what did he do???..Oh yeh...treated them with utter contempt by not delivering their games..

Yeh that room was such a let down, a couple of palm trees on a PF wow.

He actually delivered my game, via AF after all the BS I had to go through. The saddest part was when I got home from picking it up. I had an email from (he who will remain nameless) blaming me for all the things that had gone wrong with this pin and even the Highway ‘walk away’ situation wtf . So not cool to ruin my new pin day, no respect for his customers.

I will never buy another pin from him. As for a TAG review “what the fuck was he thinking”, just shaking my head! Writing it off as a bad experience.

2 weeks later
#3969 6 months ago

Have all the pre- orders been filled yet?
Toppers?

Container scheduled for July/August should have all remaining preorders in it.

Toppers are currently scheduled for December, these will only start when all preorders are shipped so could be further delayed. Hopeful but not confident of December availability.

There is supposed to be new code coming soon, interested in seeing what has been fixed/improved.

1 week later
#3986 6 months ago

Any news on code update on Blunderturds? pinball_freak
I would like a code change to give it another crack to see IF code can change a donkey.

Have not had any update on code, was expecting to have heard something by now. Not really playing it much so no rush, but hope the ones coming in a couple of months have updated code.
I can’t stop playing SW at the moment which arrived after TAG but it’s got that one more game feel. If code isn’t a significant improvement I’m thinking of turning it into a coffee table.

Even with low plays est under fifty I have had to clean around the pops twice, looks like the white plastic is deteriorating. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this. Robustness of parts although yet to be tested fully show weaknesses that looks like there will be future problems. Still just shaking my head!

Coffee anyone! Cheers

4 months later
#4059 43 days ago

Still pre orders waiting about 12. Mike hopes to have them ready to ship in a month. Still no word on topper or new code I was told was ready in Feb, when I air freighted mine. Who knows or cares anymore, I just hope the remaining pre orders get their games.

#4061 43 days ago
Quoted from embryon:

Btw how many pre orders were there on the beginning?

Considering the definition of pre order was changed by Mike. I think there might of been around 20 original and maybe upto another 20 preorders who came in after the original cut off.

2 weeks later
#4099 25 days ago

Last of the preorder pins have finally left the factory. Now have to wait for them to all be delivered before Mike will start on our toppers. Sadly no new code on horizon, usual bs.

Posting here rather than in a FS thread. Doug you might like Mike’s attitude but from a customers point of view it sucks. No point going into details but he has definitely burnt his bridges with me and many other customers. I like Spooky’s attitude, they alway put their customers first, their customer service is fantastic whereas Mike picks emails to respond to and constantly justifying his forever changing position. I hate the “it’s everyone else’s fault but mine” attitude.

#4101 24 days ago
Quoted from Fairground:

Gavin can you please supply the cargo ship and tracking as i am very interested in this part of the journey! I think it was 2 years ago things were at this stage for the preorder supply!

Sorry don’t have these details. My info is coming off AA in Homepin special section, I’m pretty sure toads has access to this thread. Refer Andy’s posts and pics. I don’t have shipping as I already AF pin but I believe the last twelve are all going to Qld then dist. from there. Cheers

#4110 18 days ago
Quoted from SYS6:

Good on you Pinball_Freak for spreading this info, transparency and openness is always best, but you'll find yourself in trouble with the Aussie Arcade boys club team of admin and moderators - they do like things kept secret and no one is allowed to disagree, question their judgement or voice contrary opinions. You will have been reported!

So true. How dare I share that information on Pinside. I thought I was doing the right thing! Hmm based on the shit I had to deal with the Mod. very protective culture there.

Quoted from wiredoug:

whilst that may or may not be true can we try and keep this on topic to occaisional homepin updates and you lot hating on mike please? AA bashing class is down the hallway

I provided an update for that I’m approached by a AA Mod. at a league meet which I was enjoying until this occurred. Some people just don’t get it it’s only Pinball and should be fun...buying TAG has been anything but fun for me. Service bulletins don’t even get sent to us. Not sure how we are meant to know what’s going on. Posted from down the hallway haha

#4112 18 days ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

Please show me how stern und jjp do it? Do they send you the updates ? I don’t have any new games so I’m not aware?

My distributors advise of any changes that will effect my pins. It’s called email..nothing new.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 12,500.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 199.99
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 9.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_freak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside