Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #29 Images of flipper coils being assembled in the Homepin factory. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #31 Images of prototype Thunderbirds mechs. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #46 MPU Testing: Image and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #47 Pinball Cab CNC Tests: Images and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #61 Fliipper Coil pictorial Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #122 Delivery trucks being loaded in China Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #130 Factory tour video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #131 Flipper links & other assembly parts Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #142 The plastic used for flipper links Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #153 Flipper buttons Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#69 7 years ago

Those light blue flippers and bushings are perty.

2 weeks later
#145 7 years ago

It's amazing how much shit Mike had to deal with on pinside early on, along with stated personal issues, and had the fortitude to put all that behind him, come back here, and now show with complete transparency what it takes to make a top quality pinball machine. Which is what I'm sure it will be.

Hats off to Homepin!

2 months later
#274 7 years ago

I am really surprised Homepin has not been added to this pinside sub forum when they are making games and actually participate here more than many of the others. Looking forward to more updates. And keep up the good work!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/forum/manufacturers

1 month later
#369 7 years ago

What joint are you using?

#372 7 years ago

I figured as much.

No, what corner wood joint?

#397 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Our ply is 11 laminates and is exceptionally high grade and expensive - BUT - I believe worth the small extra expense per machine.

My experience in life tells me spending a little more to do something right the first time with the best materials possible, costs you less money, time, and headache in the long run.

#410 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

The normal retail price is estimated to be ABOUT (and please don't take this as gospel at this stage) AU$6999.
This equates to ABOUT US$5250 in todays money. This will be for a machine that will have many more "bells & whistles" than some others on the market and will be built with Homepins already well regarded high quality.

2 months later
#659 6 years ago

I don't know why Mike bothered to come on this site in the first place.

Now we will have pages and pages of how trolls are ruining pinside which is almost as bad as the troll post itself. Pinside in the state it is now, doesn't deserve straight shooters like Mike IMO.

Making pinball machines is hard, but dealing with this place is almost impossible.

#665 6 years ago

Is it just me, or does the mole look slightly out of place in that pic?

1 week later
#747 6 years ago

1s1fk1 (resized).jpg1s1fk1 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#814 6 years ago

I was bummed when they stopped selling gasoline by the liter.

#834 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

So, let's say that a manufacturer creates a self-moderated thread. They keep it the way they want it, as a representation of their company and brand, much like their Facebook page, except that it is here on Pinside.

People can ask questions if they like and the manufacturer can choose to answer them or not.

Or delete them or ban them or not. Just like on fckbook.

#837 6 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

they are not FORUM's. Social Media is a whole other kettle of fish.

Exactly. I like Mike and I'm all for him coming back, but if all pinball manufacturers were allowed to have their own personal social media page on this site where they could manipulate it to their liking, then pinside would go to hell in a hand basket in a hurry.

#839 6 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

doesn't mean someone can't make a new thread on another forum saying 'Homepin sucks because XYZ'.

Yes it does because by current pinside rules users are not allowed to say negative things about pinball manufacturers or their themes or will get permanently banned from those sub-forums and threads. Ask me how I know.

What could work and has sort of been done here before is a manufacturer could have a locked update thread where he or she is the only one allowed to post. And that would eliminate a lot of problems.

#853 6 years ago

With all these mechanisms/gadgets, it looks like it will slow the game right down?

Thunderbirds wasn't exactly the fastest moving show.

#855 6 years ago

In the 90s Fox shortened them to half hour episodes and added rock music and even then it was slow.

2 weeks later
#870 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Ignore the "appearance" of the lockdown bar being bent. It's a trick of the camera lens.

My digital camera bends everything to hell. How come that never happened when we used real film?

#872 6 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

You must consult the Oracle.

I did and it's no help.

th (resized).jpgth (resized).jpg

#877 6 years ago

They look more puppety than they really are.

#879 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Probably has a quasi-wide angle or wide angle "general purpose" lens. Older cameras didn't.

My older Nikon coolpix didn't do it, the newer one does. I liked the old camera because it was compact and fairly cheap. When it broke I bought the newest one and something has changed.

2 weeks later
#1023 6 years ago

I like the part about single level playfield with ramps and SUBWAYS.

I had heard a rumor that subways are nowadays very costly to include in a new machine.

#1069 6 years ago

Not me. My old man sprung for the first color set on the street. With remote control!

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#1080 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This is the one I remember from our "rich friend's" house growing up. We didn't get a color TV, let alone a remote control one until the late 1970s (maybe even early 80s for the remote TV?).

Close, but this is the one we had. We weren't rich at all, but my dad loved his late night TV and never cut corners when buying one.

$500 must have been a lot of money in the mid 60s, but that Zenith and remote worked great all the way into the 80s.

zenith_space_command (resized).jpgzenith_space_command (resized).jpg

#1085 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

$500 1965 money in today's money is like $4,000.

That's a lot of cabbage there. And we were in no way rich. My pops was the best at bargain shopping so I'm sure he got the best deal possible when he bought it.

#1087 6 years ago

I guess you could almost equate it to buying a pinball machine today.

4 weeks later
#1180 6 years ago

I'm sure he can do without you too.

#1183 6 years ago

Edit- never mind.

#1192 6 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Lets see some screenshots and direct quotes then. If its nothing then it wont matter.

If it's something then it still won't matter. Anything that offends podcast boy and his minions can't be all bad.

#1194 6 years ago

I'm sure whatever he said, he was probably baited into it. But I didn't see it on the pinside forum which is where we are now.

#1195 6 years ago

Homophobia does matter

Oh, and racism doesn't? I think I see where you're coming from.

#1198 6 years ago

Was homepin accused of racism as well?

It's right in the post everybody's talking about half a page up.

#1203 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Not exactly sure how this is being used to vilify someone who simply reported the statements word-for-word.

Well, if you had actually reported word for word, there may have been a better understanding of what your point was.

Truth is I've been to Australia and they are decades behind the USA as far as political correctness goes. So basically he was baited into an Archie Bunker rant.

#1208 6 years ago

When will people start getting offended when they are called nerds?

#1210 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, women can drive in Saudi Arabia next year, so change is happening all over!

I don't mind that they got the right to vote, but whoever gave them drivers licenses in the US was surely out of their mind.

#1214 6 years ago
Quoted from AbeVigoda:

If you called someone a nerd and they told you they were offended by that label and preferred you not call them that, would you continue to do so?

No, I'd stop talking to them altogether.

I've been called lots of things by lots of people, and you know what? It has little effect on how I feel about myself. Unless it's somebody that I respect in the first place. Then I listen.

#1215 6 years ago

And yes, I do respect you.

download (2) (resized).jpgdownload (2) (resized).jpg

#1219 6 years ago
Quoted from AbeVigoda:

Would you still buy a pinball machine from them?

Nah, because then they would probably want a whole bunch of extra money for tasteless mods and rainbow colored LEDs that I would have to remove anyway.

#1220 6 years ago

I'm sure there are some out there that won't want Thunderbirds because the puppets smoked cigarettes. It's up to each person to decide what his or her own level of tolerance is.

CKxDnjxW8AAXjIz (resized).jpgCKxDnjxW8AAXjIz (resized).jpg

#1225 6 years ago
Quoted from AbeVigoda:

I'm not putting any Joe Camel merch up around my house, because I don't want my kids to think smoking's cool. I bet the puppets on the Thunderbirds pin are tobacco free too.

I bet the puppets will be slang free as well.

Quoted from Ericc123:

calling someone a nerd is on the same level are delusional.

In the not too distant future it might be. It is a derogatory remark and an attack on people of who they are or how they present themselves. Every day they are finding more and more comments or phrases that might offend some group of people.

#1228 6 years ago

You are talking about a whole different country and culture. It wasn't that long ago that those words were commonplace in this country. Even in magazines and advertisements. I could bring up a few.

Evolution happens at different paces in different places. I'm not defending it, but you can't force other cultures to evolve to your liking.

#1231 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

show me an advertisement using the N word

It will only fuel the fire. Just google it and see the results.

#1235 6 years ago

I guess all this won't get me a discount on a Thunderbirds pinball machine anyway.

#1273 6 years ago

I think the machine is looking great.

I find it sad that a man can do great work for a lot of years and receive praise for it and never have any trouble with the law, but if he has one slip of the tongue or says something that offends somebody or somebody that thinks they are defending somebody elses feelings, there are those that would chose to forget any good he has done, and crucify him on the spot. And expect everybody else to do the same. I believe it's called the holier than thou complex.

#1275 6 years ago

Funny how nobody ever complained about the Guns N Roses pinball machine or said they wouldn't buy it because the band used those exact same words in their song lyrics. And that has never even been discussed on this forum.

I'd even wager that some that say they won't buy Thunderbirds because of that actually own GnR or GnR albums . lol.

#1299 6 years ago

I think homepin is now my favorite pinball company.

I like guys that tell it like it is and don't sugarcoat anything.

#1303 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

I dare each of you that has stated that it's not an issue or not a big deal to type the words and see how fast you get banned.

Can you please show us where he posted those words on this forum? This forum will ban you if you fart in the wrong direction.

#1307 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

So go ahead o-din write the words down in your post.

No way dude. I've received ban threats and too many moderation notices already. Last one being for making a joke about a blow up doll.

I like being on pinside so I am learning how to self censor myself so I don't end up offending the overly sensitive types that reside here.

Anyway, I think it's time to get back to Thunderbird Are Go!

#1318 6 years ago

Yeah well, Williams doesn't make pinball machines anymore.

#1320 6 years ago

From what I understand they have shipped some to an upcoming show.

#1321 6 years ago

And let's just say I'm not a fan of this everything has to be family friendly and politically correct attitude especially when it comes to pinball.

#1326 6 years ago

No, this topic is about Homepin parts and machine progress, and my comment was in regards to Mike's last few comments in this thread. I like the fact that he shows no need to kiss anyone's ass or apologize to anyone.

#1339 6 years ago

I would like to have a few acres there myself, then I could feel right at home next time I'm down under.

#1346 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yep O-din old chum, you drink enough Jack Daniels a week to earn honorary Bogan status.
rd

What do you get with a bogan american.

#1371 6 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

a horrible human being.

Spoken like a true righteous one.

#1375 6 years ago

I don't know why you guys continue to force the issue. It's known what was said, why it was said, and Homepin has already issued a response.

Beating this into the ground isn't going to make anybody more aware or change anything.

So can this thread get back on topic now and stay there?

#1385 6 years ago

How did he get banned for that comment? I'm hoping for one of those put it together yourself kits myself.

#1394 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

And how is it, exactly?

1x1hwy (resized).jpg1x1hwy (resized).jpg

#1403 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

I watched it right after the link went up. I was surprised when there weren't a bunch of posts talking about it.

That's because peoples jaws were dropping and they were speachless.

#1427 6 years ago

The game looks sweet! Those palm trees add a real nice touch. Nice way to take a vintage theme into the 21st century.

Do we know who designed it yet?

#1431 6 years ago

I can't wait to hear it play as well as see it. I may just have a place for this game in my living room.

#1433 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I don't want to start more shit but wasn't a certain persona non grata in the design community?

I don't know if there was any truth to that rumor or not which is why I asked. And if it turns out to be as good as it looks, it won't matter.

I am just really pleased with the way Mike has presented this project while it was being made despite all those that tried to bring him down.

#1439 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

it does have a wider than normal Flipper gap...

I'm all for that no matter who designed it.

These narrower and narrower flipper gaps of today where the ball can barely fit thru are for wimps.

#1443 6 years ago

loser (resized).jpgloser (resized).jpg

#1446 6 years ago

That center ramp is genius!

#1449 6 years ago

It only got hung up there because the guy didn't hit it hard enough. Once it seemed to bounce back.

But I do love the fact it doesn't use the generic ramp habitrail return and drop in the inlanes that makes so many of today's games tedious and boring.

#1454 6 years ago

Maybe by the end of the weekend an advanced player might actually try it.

#1455 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

That ramp is still a proto ramp and not a production ramp. Still needs refining.

They could make it like that jump ramp on No Fear and of you don't make it, it just drops into the pop bumpers.

#1457 6 years ago

So did Mike design the layout?

#1460 6 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

there's a little metal bracket in that exact spot.

Yeah after I watched it again I saw that bracket get hit. Still looks like it'll be a fun game to shoot once it all gets sorted out.

#1462 6 years ago

It's going to get air there for sure. Fronthand or backhand.

#1464 6 years ago

Well, you know me Dave. I'm never in that much a hurry. I'm just happy for the scraps.

#1467 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You're always in a hurry for another Jack and coke!!

Sucks when the ice is running low.

Quoted from rotordave:

I'll be at your place in 3 weeks, I'll bring some jack.

I'll be stocking up on the ice!

#1516 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Monday 23rd for a couple of weeks. I'll bang you a PM.

Knotts Scary Farm!!!

#1519 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

It's Elvira's last year performing there. I wish I could have seen her in action

I saw Wolfman Jack perform there and catch the theatre on fire.

#1537 6 years ago

On that shot of the underside of the playfield can somebody point out where the subways are that this game is supposed to have?

#1547 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

The modern metal music kills the theme integration for me --

It's exactly what Fox did trying to spark interest with the younger generation when they ran this show on Saturday mornings during the 90s. What I couldn't get past though, was them shortening each episode to half an hour.

#1554 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

hopefully there's a way to stay in "60's mode" with the sounds.

Yeah, the original Thunderbirds music was part of the charm.

#1615 6 years ago

Remind me never to get the same haircut as BenHeck.

#1728 6 years ago

Pages and pages, allegations upon allegations have gone by, but where the hell is Homepin?

Or the lawyers?

Sounds like it's time for somebody to either lawyer up or shut up or both.

#1741 6 years ago

Nice one Mike! Maybe if you send Heck a cookie, he'll let it go for now.

#1744 6 years ago

Hehe.

#1759 6 years ago

Unlike in America where everybody wants to sue somebody or blame somebody, maybe where he's at he just wants to make pinball machines and not deal with all the finger pointing or any of the other bullshit.

#1763 6 years ago

If he is using Heck's design, he is already showing appreciation. And that is the best compliment you can give anyone.

#1798 6 years ago

Would posting over and over again that somebody used your design qualify as broken record on this forum?

#1799 6 years ago

Keep those thumbs down coming people, but I've been informed we all have to play by the same rules around here.

#1811 6 years ago

I know this isn't supposed to be a popularity contest, but given the choice, I'd rather sit down and have a beer with Mike than the guy that's been doing all the complaining.

#1815 6 years ago
Quoted from Retropin:

Nah.. once you turned your back he would combine your beer with his because it makes his beer better then tell you to go and get f**ked

As long as he didn't sit and gloat and tell me over and over again I couldn't have a beer because it was too much like his or have to apologize for being in his royal company, I can take getting told to get f**cked.

#1817 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

O-din what is your deal?

I just like rebels. And when I have been moderated for and being called a broken record, which is kind of offensive as it is, it kind of sucks watching somebody else get away with it.

#1825 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

You think Homepin is a rebel? Being an asshole and a thief doesn't make him a rebel.

Well, when Thunderbirds was first announced and there was a lot of shit thrown his way he PMd me and treated me with respect and like a human being, not somebody that acted like he wanted me to bow down to. And throughout this entire shit storm, his responses are much like mine would have been.

It sucks if he did steal, but truth is he never stole anything from me, but if he had I wouldn't be crying about it on this forum.

#1876 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I just want our team to be acknowledged

[edited]. You should have considered securing the code in the first place.

4 months later
#2105 6 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

im sure that there are many in the USA that have seen the tv show and want to buy the game

Only those that are over 55 now and living on a fixed income. But where there's a will there is always a way!

#2108 6 years ago
Quoted from oidrew85:

Well I must be a one off because I’m 32 live in the United States and watched reruns of the show as a kid. I would agree this probably isn’t his target market most people here never even watched the show.

You must have been watching the shortened version FOX did on Saturday mornings right before Bobby's World came on then right? I'm guessing there may have been a few others beside you and me.

#2110 6 years ago

I am still of the opinion Saturday AM TV was at it's finest in the mid to late 60s with Thunderbirds being one of the crown gems, but I gotta admit that Bobby's World was fairly entertaining to watch even in my 30s.

But it was The Tick from that same era that is one of the all time classics. Never missed an episode.

#2117 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

two guys here are waiting for Stern Node boards and after 3 months - nothing.

I'll pick those up and put them in a shipping container with the rest of my junk. They will probably still arrive faster.

#2125 6 years ago

Rotordave, possibly the only guy on this website that got his Christmas presents and didn't open them until New Years because he was a "tad busy".

#2136 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yes, it has an ABS lock bar epoxied to a steel lock mech. Same construction as a WPC bar (except the ABS top part) Most people didn't even notice, it looked like a black textured lock bar. It was thick as hell, I can't see it ever breaking. Mike had discussed before, the metal lockbar top was one thing the chinese couldn't get right. Personally I don't have an issue with it.

Like those other freezing cold nights out in the garage, it will be warmer to the touch than steel, just like one of those wood rail ones.

2 weeks later
#2181 6 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

I can’t help but to think that the longer this machine takes to come out, the more irrelevant it may become?!? Looking at IMDN and even Alice Cooper as the 2 most recent releases

So are you saying if you release a 40 year old theme without much pre-announcement it becomes more relevant?

Quoted from rotordave:

That’s the big picture here ... selling this game to the chinese - as well as the western market.

Where I live, that is called killing two birds with one stone.

#2199 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

TNA is a no compromise build - that's why its not cheap even tho it has only a single level PF.

Agreed. Plus it's truly a sight to behold and play.

I don't see how a couple cheap plastic ramps can add that much value to any machine.

#2202 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Well, it can get very repetitive though. Imagine if it did have ramps or upper pf.

Nothing like hitting those ramps 100 times a game to keep things from getting repetitive.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.