Topic Stats

• 4,121 posts
  • 395 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 days ago by Ballypinball
  • Topic is favorited by 168 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 755 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

screen-capture-4 (resized).png
73209863_556397155132432_4970388802087419904_n (resized).jpg
Kung Fu Panda (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).PNG
59FF4170-B1EA-4724-9123-195B90D84BC5 (resized).png
letsmakeadeal (resized).jpg
truth (resized).jpg
screen-capture-8 (resized).png
rampage (resized).jpg
59546319_448232989282183_8360119207047725056_n (resized).jpg
IMG_2927 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 7.47.02 pm.png
59546319_448232989282183_8360119207047725056_n (resized).jpg
99D1AA11-1443-414C-A49B-3B3177C76184 (resized).jpeg
59363232_447010972713392_259249182378819584_n (resized).jpg
2102F2C3-3B12-4112-AEFE-6F8EFFF1B965 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #29 Images of flipper coils being assembled in the Homepin factory. Posted by Homepin (3 years ago)

Post #31 Images of prototype Thunderbirds mechs. Posted by Homepin (3 years ago)

Post #46 MPU Testing: Image and Video Posted by Homepin (3 years ago)

Post #47 Pinball Cab CNC Tests: Images and Video Posted by Homepin (3 years ago)

Post #61 Fliipper Coil pictorial Posted by Homepin (3 years ago)

Post #122 Delivery trucks being loaded in China Posted by Homepin (3 years ago)

Post #130 Factory tour video Posted by Homepin (3 years ago)

Post #131 Flipper links & other assembly parts Posted by Homepin (3 years ago)

Post #142 The plastic used for flipper links Posted by Homepin (3 years ago)

Post #153 Flipper buttons Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #162 Coin door Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #188 Power supply Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #196 Rubbers Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #607 Final Artwork approved and being applied in test sizes Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #1020 Thunderbirds official flyer Posted by musketd (2 years ago)

Post #1103 Thunderbirds: First look under the playfield Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mancave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#581 2 years ago

Clicking on the Balls 'n' All image takes you to PinballShop.nl although if you click on the writing it does take you to Balls 'n' All

2 weeks later
#642 2 years ago

This is the one thing i get annoyed about on forums/chat rooms and the like, the trolls who only comment to get someone's back up, to get a reaction, seemingly just to get their jollies off. Most people will react, it's a particularly human thing to do and most understandable, i've bitten many times myself and bitten hard Jvspin and toyotaboy are spot on though, if you give in to the bullshit then in a way the trolls have achieved the high ground so to speak, BUGGER THAT i say.
I'm only new to reading this thread and really hope you will consider keeping the posts going Mike, the info you share about the whole process is something not available from all other manufacturers, something quite special !!

2 weeks later
#793 2 years ago

#821 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

tilting the "playfield"

"Guilt free" Tilting.....LOVE IT

2 weeks later
#897 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

One can only buy so many pins

I have some room left in the shed if you want to offload some

1 week later
#984 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Also, we include a user mod connector which has a separate winding so anything done here shouldn't affect the rest of the machine.

I reckon this is a TOP idea, mod haters can rant all they like but this is an extremely well thought out system

1 week later
#1041 2 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

We have minimised it by supplying the EL invertor and the Audio board with their own separate, regulated supplies and also by maximising the ground plane.

Now this is why i am soooo looking forward to the release of this machine and why i'm thinking about which machines to sell to have extra cash I think it's pretty clear to everyone now that Thunderbirds isn't just chucked together, the amount of planning and thought involved in all aspects of the process is exceptional. Wish i could get to Pinfest

2 weeks later
#1132 2 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Doesn't seem like the side rails cover much more than the stern lollipop rails would.

Agreed and i also think these will help to protect that front leading edge of the cabinet from future damage too.

#1158 2 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Enjoy our interview with Mike

Fantastic interview and Mike shared such a great insight into the whole process. The one word that sums up the journey from initiation to the upcoming finalization is "Dedication".
SO looking forward too seeing the pin

2 weeks later
#1332 2 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

bunch of bogans

#1337 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

sire the bogans are revolting

I need a good clean....ohhh that revolting

1 week later
#1500 2 years ago
Quoted from JasonJoe:

would have it a little higher up the play field

This has been mentioned a few times, i haven't seen the machine in person, just going off the available pics and vids BUT the ramp looks no closer to the flippers than what the train scoop/ramp is on Monopoly.

#1507 2 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

YouTube is shitting me. Will sort out the issues soon

I must have viewed it just before it disappeared, i like the comment "This is how he gets his high scores"
I really like what i see of the machine so far, perhaps a few small issues to be sorted/changed. The only comment i totally agree with so far is that multi ball should start immediately after the countdown.

#1542 2 years ago
Quoted from sparkup:

But looks like those metric flipper mechs don't like standard size coils?

I'm probably missing something here but what exactly are you pointing out in the pic?

#1577 2 years ago

I think it's noteworthy to mention that some of the most critical comments have been from peeps that haven't actually played the machine personally, just going off/extrapolating from others comments. I don't think people are being very fair in their assessments to be honest, was Williams, Bally, Gottlieb, Stern's first ever machine's awesome and knocked it right out of the ball park? I could be wrong about this but i feel that some of the opinions have been solely driven by personality based judgments not by the actual machine itself, maybe that's more a reflection on the the way society has become and our need's/ demands for instant perfection and gratification!

#1589 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

and what is a 'personality based judgment'?
according to wiki:

You rely on Wiki for your understanding of terminology? Ohh Deaaarr, that explains it then

#1592 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

sorry, next time ill consult sigmund freud.
just wanted to use a verifiable source to show you didn't know what you were talking about, at least as far as context was concerned. and i certainly dont need to show anyone how great your comebacks are. you did that yourself.

Considering i didn't reference your assessment of the machine in my original post specifically and the diatribe you followed up with personally attacking what is essentially just an observational personal opinion, and now the above, that pretty much sums up what kind of person you are so TY for bringing that to everyone's attention.

#1676 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

anyone got a recipe for blueberry pancakes?

Got a really nice apple slice recipe if that's any help

1 week later
#1942 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Anyone think the game has a chance of getting better with Mike running the company?

How the hell is that constructive? It IS Mike's company!!! Do you think he would sell up just cause of some negative feedback??

#1944 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

You’re not the king of me

I'm not the king of anyone, not trying to be either. It's been established already that you're not a fan of the machine and probably not Mike either. It's also been established that Mike is gonna continue on with the project despite the negative backlash, although it seems he is taking on board the constructive criticisms and perhaps making changes that will fix issues.

1 year later
#3380 11 months ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I honestly don't understand the zeal with which some members seem to want this, and Mike, to fail.

There are people who have skin in the game, so the longer the company operates the greater chance those people have of getting what they paid for. Wishing foreclosure or whatever on the company doesn't serve those people's interests at all, quite the opposite in fact.

Also - fundamentally - more choice is good. You might not like the theme (it does nothing for me), you might not like the game and have genuine objectively legitimate issues with it - certainly some have been expressed on this thread. But am I glad it exists? You bet I am.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. I haven't produced a pinball machine, I'm pretty confident I would fail to deliver one if I tried. Based on this I have a fundamental measure of respect for what has been achieved. I certainly would not be throwing stones if my own reputation wasn't beyond reproach.

And that's a fair, unbiased assessment!! I can fully understand the frustration from the guys who paid up front and haven't got their machines yet (i would feel the same way i'm sure) but there seems to be a bunch of people commenting negatively that seem to have no real reason to. They either seem to despise Mike for his social skills (and i'm NOT saying he's great at that), they have no connection with purchasing nor wanting to purchase the machine, they run a business that "may" in some way be perceived as competition OR are just being forum trolls for the sake of jumping on the bandwagon like trolls do (mostly to stir the pot to get a response, and let's face it, a lot of people will respond) Having extra choice in the pinball market isn't a bad thing at all and he's at least got a machine to the finish line unlike some others. I would reckon that Mike himself would surely do things differently on hindsight but hindsight is a luxury that none of us can claim to own!

10 months later
#4114 19 days ago
Quoted from embryon:

I concur, amd send out emails of even code updates

They do?? why have i never received one for my Iron Maiden machine....have i not bought enough machines from them to qualify for that service?

#4119 19 days ago
Quoted from embryon:

Everytime. Is there bad blood between you and them? Do they have your email? Otherwise I have no explaination of why you miss out.

Nope, only bought the 1 machine and all went well. YES..obviously as they used that email address to bill me. No idea myself but thought it was worth my question, although i realise you aren't a spokesperson for AMD.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 17.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
€ 339.00
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mancave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside