Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #29 Images of flipper coils being assembled in the Homepin factory. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #31 Images of prototype Thunderbirds mechs. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #46 MPU Testing: Image and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #47 Pinball Cab CNC Tests: Images and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #61 Fliipper Coil pictorial Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #122 Delivery trucks being loaded in China Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #130 Factory tour video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #131 Flipper links & other assembly parts Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #142 The plastic used for flipper links Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #153 Flipper buttons Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 7 years ago

It would be interesting to see a sneak peek of Thunderbirds. Is it going to be a DMD game?

5 months later
#408 7 years ago

It depends what's in it. I like the theme, so looking forward to how its implemented.

Quoted from Russell:

$4100? Just a rumor? Could this really be the price? If so, it could be a big seller.

3 months later
#915 6 years ago

SW PRO is about $5200 in the states.

Back to the topic, the translite/backglass looks great Mike! The DMD panel looks cool too! Will the LED DMD be color or shades of gray?

Quoted from pocketscience:

Stern lists Star Wars Pro at US$6199

3 weeks later
#1092 6 years ago

So far I am very impressed what I am seeing of this game. Can't wait to see more!

1 month later
#1411 6 years ago

I think it looks great. If he sells a bunch I think he could work something out with ColorDMD to provide a solution for the color display.

#1420 6 years ago

No more pics or videos from pinfest? It would be cool to see more of the game.

#1477 6 years ago

The game looks cool. One real quick observation with the multiball sequence is it should start AFTER the 5-4-3-2-1 countdown, not during it. Simple timing change that would help alot with the the effect of multiball. Also, did I hear you have to lock all 3 balls during a single ball (ball 1, 2 or 3) or they get released on the next ball? That would be weird, need to handle multiplayer and virtual locks if so.... I like what I see though for the first public showing.

#1510 6 years ago

I think the programmer should integrate the different music blends into the tasks instead of having a "music player" that you change music by hitting the switches on the side. It just seems really disjointed having standalone music not tied to any events.

I'd also remove the center ramp LED strip. Its really a eye sore.

The tracy island mech is brilliant. I could watch that all day.

There are alot of nice elements to the game, if you can make the tasks interesting and the multiballs separate. Why would you have the tracy island (your awesome mech) share the spot light with the 5-4-3-2-1 multiball? Make them both separate tasks.

#1572 6 years ago

I see alot of constructive criticism based on the protos shows at pinfest. Hopefully he can review this with his team and see if it makes sense to implement. Of course I also see some digs thrown here and there, so you have to filter some of that stuff out.

I guess it depends what 'more economic price point' you are referring to. I didn't see any pricing for USA yet.
I imagine it will be hard to beat the Stern PRO pricing if thats the goal.

Quoted from tiesmasc:

Come on guys... No need for drama or instigating it.
Mike has been doing very well to stay out... though I imagine it is painful and difficult to read some of what is written.
I continue to be impressed by what he has achieved. That is awesome!
Regarding the game itself/playfield/fun factor... etc. Sure this one may not be everything for everyone but hopefully it hits enough notes for enough people to be successful.... and then the next one makes even more people happy... and on and on.
If Mike can be successful making fun pins at a more economic price point that is something to be applauded.

#1627 6 years ago

Interesting. So it appears since the earlier open source code didn't include the SD update capability, Homepin stopped there and hence you have a board that can't be updated. Wow, just wow. It sounds like if you want an updated software you'll have to buy a new board (not send yours away to china that would be nuts).

Quoted from benheck:

The ability for color Spooky games to update themselves over SD card is purely software.
The Homepin clone would have this same ability if his programmers were clever enough to figure out how I did it (now that we are closed source)
Regarding swapping chips. The game code is embedded on flash INSIDE the PIC32, which is a surface mount IC with 100 tiny pins.
http://www.microchip.com/wwwproducts/en/PIC32MX795F512L
An end user would have to be a PCB rework technician to swap that.

4 months later
#2069 6 years ago

Simple program updates with plug in module. That's new and glad it was added. Looking forward to the review of the revised game.

#2071 6 years ago

It was obviously a very unpopular opinion (non-updatable game), and he reconsidered. Good for him and good for the game. We'll see what other changes were made.

Quoted from DerGoetz:

He had me sold on the idea of not being able to update my pinball...not sure if I want one that I can update now.
He explained it so well the first time around, this seems to be a step backwards and dangerous for all owners of his pinball machine. He really enlightened all of us back then...why flip flop when you were so convincing and convinced.
Sarcasm, in case you didn't get it....

#2106 6 years ago

Generalization. tsk tsk. I remember the show and I'm not living on a fixed income
If the game is good it will sell. I guess we'll see when it hits the states.

Quoted from o-din:

Only those that are over 55 now and living on a fixed income. But where there's a will there is always a way!

2 weeks later
#2150 6 years ago

Good to hear there are many improvements in place. Hope they change the music to mode based instead of just playing selections like a music player.

1 month later
#2216 5 years ago

I wanted to look at your new machine but it didn't make it to Pinfest that starts tomorrow.
Perhaps later in the year I'll see it at a show in the USA - maybe Expo in October?

3 weeks later
#2273 5 years ago

Mike said no machines will be at US shows this year. Probably have to wait for next year shows.

Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Will you have a TAG at the York show?

#2276 5 years ago

Excellent. Glad to see the plan changed

Quoted from Homepin:

Nitro will have TWO Tag pinballs at this show next month:
http://www.nwpinballshow.com/
(we air freighted them out a few days ago so they will arrive this week).

5 months later
#3109 5 years ago

sorry wrong thread!

Quoted from Ballypinball:

The Better question is who if anyone has received a game in Australia at all?

1 week later
#3223 5 years ago

How did your machine compare to this one? This one plays virtual pins and arcade games (via hookup to external consoles) and has an additional panel for joystick and buttons, contactors and a sub. Also this has pinball arcade content.

Quoted from Ballypinball:

And Highway called my Virtual Pinball China Made Crap

2 months later
#3477 5 years ago

So did all the preorder guys get their games? Last I read there were waiting for shipping... Did that happen?

1 month later
#3549 5 years ago

So Mike spent over a million dollars on this venture and he can't afford to put 50k up to finish these 10-12 games for the preorders to clean the slate? Is a matter of principal or something! I don't get it.

Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

If anyone is actually interested in game build status, this is the latest position of the remaining 10 to 12 pre order pins:
Games have not been built, waiting on parts...no timing provided!
Mike needs more orders to start the line up, so if anyone out there is thinking of ordering one, now is the time!
I’m just one of those frustrated pre-order guys.

2 weeks later
#3679 5 years ago

These are preorders from 5 years ago. The guys have been patiently awaiting their games with no recourse.

Quoted from Firebaall:

I dunno. It's like watching soap operas on repeat. I swear each time I duck my head in here, it's the same old story over and over again. You'd think Pinside members would learn not to preorder pinball machines. The systematic drama and outright scamming pretty much guarantees you're getting nothing but stress for your dollars.
How many times has this happened in the last few years? You guys are legitimately insane, with all due respect.

3 weeks later
#3736 5 years ago

It greatly depends on the LEDS used too. There is a huge brightness difference using different LEDS. Is the game using led bulbs, single led boards? Can you change the lEDS? Simple way to get a brighter game.

Quoted from pipes:

Yup, mine was the same as well. Insert lighting was very dim. Just the way it is.

1 week later
#3872 4 years ago

It's about time someone makes an ice cold beer clone. Great idea, hope it sells well.

Quoted from wiredoug:

here you go haters. new material to hate on. cue the same 10 people over and over ... and ... go
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress?tu=luvthatapex2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.