Topic Stats

• 4,306 posts
  • 400 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Spawn
  • Topic is favorited by 167 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 768 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

16178194 (resized).jpg
taiwanmike (resized).jpg
4D4A3346-0315-415D-B99B-68DA9933C456 (resized).jpeg
inside (resized).jpg
outside (resized).jpg
84584653_635900340515446_416112507699068928_o (resized).jpg
2DCC7FE2-B3A0-42C0-8990-9954D1BCA5D7_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
974F5C1E-9523-4DAA-9379-A3000F8A641C (resized).jpeg
83059929_160014771965732_3982039144204337152_n (resized).jpg
60BE80EE-1964-4CB7-8493-93C2283952B6 (resized).jpeg
F18DDEF4-7FB5-46E6-B018-5CD180662B86 (resized).jpeg
20200111_063452 (resized).jpg
81781551_618896412215839_6759575124225032192_n (resized).jpg
screen-capture-4 (resized).png
73209863_556397155132432_4970388802087419904_n (resized).jpg
Kung Fu Panda (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #29 Images of flipper coils being assembled in the Homepin factory. Posted by Homepin (3 years ago)

Post #31 Images of prototype Thunderbirds mechs. Posted by Homepin (3 years ago)

Post #46 MPU Testing: Image and Video Posted by Homepin (3 years ago)

Post #47 Pinball Cab CNC Tests: Images and Video Posted by Homepin (3 years ago)

Post #61 Fliipper Coil pictorial Posted by Homepin (3 years ago)

Post #122 Delivery trucks being loaded in China Posted by Homepin (3 years ago)

Post #130 Factory tour video Posted by Homepin (3 years ago)

Post #131 Flipper links & other assembly parts Posted by Homepin (3 years ago)

Post #142 The plastic used for flipper links Posted by Homepin (3 years ago)

Post #153 Flipper buttons Posted by Homepin (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Intensive training this past couple of days for some of the Homepin staff. Sid has been teaching them the finer points of pinball cabinet assembly and stressing the importance of attaining the highest possible quality every step of the way.

Finally a company in this hobby that gives a hoot about quality. Boy I'm just tired of reading about the cheapening of pinball.

2 weeks later
#140 3 years ago

Mike, those flipper links (the whites ones in the first pic) look like soft plastic, can they stand up to 1000s of cycles? I don't remember but weren't the old flipper links made from some kind of composite?

4 weeks later
#210 3 years ago

Wow Mike, nice mech. Seriously you are just what this hobby needs now. Keep it up.

2 months later
#293 3 years ago

Mike, thanks for the peek behind the scenes, I love them. I was just wondering when can you start showing us snippets of the game?

1 week later
#329 3 years ago

Looking good, this is like pinball catnip.

1 week later
#365 3 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

One thing we are more aware of than any other manufacturer is that Homepin is "Made in China". We are all well aware of the negative connotations sometimes attached to those words by a few. There is no way that I will allow it to be used negatively against anything we manufacture. China is perfectly capable of manufacturing very high quality goods.

Amen! It's all about management..Gary Stern needs to send his team over for a training session with you Mike.

#393 3 years ago

Seems like Stern never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

2 months later
#687 3 years ago

Congrats Mike, it looks like a solid cabinet. I can't wait to play this thing.

2 weeks later
#800 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Now thst is how you design mechs around your theme!
Take note Stern, that is how you design around your theme and not just design a random game and slap a theme on it!
Theme integration on Thunderbirds is going to be awesome!

Exactly, we've been fed so much crap for so long that we've forgotten what it's like to design a game around a theme.

3 weeks later
#884 2 years ago

So this is going to be the first "real" sub $4k pinball game since I don't remember when. I can't wait to see the pf.

#901 2 years ago

Ahh..really, I must have seen a pinsider's post that said it was around 4k USD. Either way, I agree we won't complain if it's priced higher if the build quality and toys are better than Stern.

#919 2 years ago

Thanks....

PS: congratulation on achieving this milestone Mike.

#948 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Seems like asking for trouble to leave the sides of the shaker motor open. Wonder why they just don't have a plastic bucket over it like everyone else that protects all sides from intrusion?

Looks like the counterweight area is covered. But between you and I, there are many more dangerous things under that pf than the shaker motor.

1 week later
#1015 2 years ago

Stay dry Mike....and play some pinball.

#1043 2 years ago

Agreed...but #1 is the main ingredient.

#1064 2 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Yes, naturally. As well as the mains power switch in the "correct" place.

Thank you for admitting the power switch move was a mistake and if I may say so idiotic. The cost saving is insignificant that it baffles me why someone would piss off so many people over it.

#1084 2 years ago

This was our channel changer at my house when I was growing up....since the knob was broke off.

the-original™-curved-jaw-locking-pliers-with-wire-cutter-276 (resized).jpg

#1093 2 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

This was just posted on AA:
"PLEASE - read the following and understand that this item MAY NOT be in the finished pinball machine.
The attached video clip is to show the level of detail Homepin is including in Thunderbirds pinball.
This item IS NOT YET APPROVED by the licence owners and as such, we may not use it in any finished machine - this will all depend on approvals."
» YouTube video

Lol....kick ass!

#1106 2 years ago

Ha, clean. I think I counted 19 coils.

#1108 2 years ago

Shhhhit...this thread is like pinball crack. Nice job!!

#1136 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Just my personal opinion - they eat up so much of the side of the cabinet art space for no reason

2 weeks later
#1213 2 years ago

Mike has been through a lot and yes he's Austrailian. I've noticed he has a very low tolerance for BS. He may come off as offensive to many of us. But seriously, real racism is more alive here than right ever. Anybody wants to discuss our Prez and the Neo Nazis?

#1250 2 years ago
Quoted from sven:

It looks nice. Not that many shots, but 2 ramps with wireforms returning to the flippers for nice flow (and I can't see where the 'loop-schots' are going: if it's a loop that can be stopped, or....etc..). Is that a moving standup on the middle right?

Agreed, the center shot may have a hidden scoop, ala NASCAR, otherwise it loops around the rocket I think. Can't tell much till we see it in action.

#1277 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

NOTE: Some elements of the following topper are not yet approved by the licence owner.
» YouTube video

Holy shit..that's cool man.

1 week later
#1430 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The game looks sweet! Those palm trees add a real nice touch. Nice way to take a vintage theme into the 21st century.
Do we know who designed it yet?

I don't want to start more shit but wasn't a certain persona non grata in the design community?

#1452 2 years ago

Well, to be fair I think it may be a bit easy for advanced players. I have to see more to be sure.

3 weeks later
#1969 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

Well as we know it is their first time. Its obvious they have made mistakes, blunders, errors and outright monumental cockups in the process..
Without dwelling on it, it seems reasonable to suggest that they were focused a little too much on building the actual line ( the machines that make the machines) rather than dwelling on the layout and now they have the dangler but the 'angle of the dangle' is all wrong.
Maybe they didnt get it right first time ( sure doesnt seem that way) but I think its good they have acknowledged the faults and listened to the people who played it at the show and are now going back to 'do it better' instead of saying "well screw it, sorry pre-order guys you lose".. thats a constructive path i think?
Its mike.. dumbass determination will save it in the end.

Yes, Mike is a manufacturing guy and not a designer. I bet the design came from Mike and one or more of the Chinese engineers working with him. Sure the game has flaws but it can be fixed. I would push the ramp back a little and add more shots. The Mole shot can easily be made into a scoop...etc.

4 months later
#2137 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

He was at my house last night.
Seriously, you will get personal service from him. I’ve bought his replacement boards for years, any issues you have, you’ll generally get a reply to your email within minutes (not months...).
rd

I agree with this, Mike is serious about this kind of stuff, I know just by dealing with him over my BSD board. I think this is a good first game for Homepin, and I don't care about side drama. Not that TAG is bad (I mean compared to some of the Spooky's stuff this is a TZ), but I think Homepin can benefit by hiring a pro to design the next game.

2 weeks later
#2194 2 years ago

The price makes no sense. This needs to be 4k to compete.

#2200 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Agreed. Plus it's truly a sight to behold and play.

Well, it can get very repetitive though. Imagine if it did have ramps or upper pf.

4 months later
#2661 1 year ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Just get them their games Mike and this all goes away.

I agree! Mike just ship them already. This is not good PR even if you're legally right.

#2684 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

None of this is relevant. Brings nothing of benefit and shouldn’t be aired on a public forum. Would have expected you’d be above this. I’m not picking sides and it’s a “nice” offer to pre-order customers, but this just sounds disingenuous and alot like grandstanding.

If he is paying for other people's game to get shipped then more power to him.

#2732 1 year ago
Quoted from swillie:

[quoted image]

Whoa, man!

diabeetus (resized).jpg
#2735 1 year ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Ted's got a new idea for a horror film!
Pete, I hope you get to feelin' better man. That looks like some serious stuff.

I got the soundtrack

11 months later
#4048 11 months ago
Quoted from russdx:

Everyone makes mistakes!
Let's see if homepin learned from previous ones and improves on this game!
So
- get a real designer!
- use proper buttons (or copy correctly)
- metal lock down bar!
- lcd screen
- thicker side rails?
Not sure what else was wrong with it, just is just from following this thread / what others have mentioned.

Amen to all of it.....specially the first point.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 50.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, NC
4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Randolph, MA
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
$ 79.99
Apparel - Unisex
PinShades
$ 400.00
Boards
Great American Pinball
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 59.80
Lighting - Backbox
Freddys Pinball Paradise
$ 18.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside