Topic Stats

• 4,045 posts
  • 391 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by russdx
  • Topic is favorited by 169 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 752 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Capture (resized).PNG
59FF4170-B1EA-4724-9123-195B90D84BC5 (resized).png
letsmakeadeal (resized).jpg
truth (resized).jpg
screen-capture-8 (resized).png
rampage (resized).jpg
59546319_448232989282183_8360119207047725056_n (resized).jpg
IMG_2927 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 7.47.02 pm.png
59546319_448232989282183_8360119207047725056_n (resized).jpg
99D1AA11-1443-414C-A49B-3B3177C76184 (resized).jpeg
59363232_447010972713392_259249182378819584_n (resized).jpg
2102F2C3-3B12-4112-AEFE-6F8EFFF1B965 (resized).jpeg
868710A0-56BB-496C-BEDA-7BA0D66E4FB6 (resized).jpeg
dial2 (resized).jpeg
AFF856C8-B022-4091-B5B9-6C804FB42F87 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #29 Images of flipper coils being assembled in the Homepin factory. Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #31 Images of prototype Thunderbirds mechs. Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #46 MPU Testing: Image and Video Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #47 Pinball Cab CNC Tests: Images and Video Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #61 Fliipper Coil pictorial Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #122 Delivery trucks being loaded in China Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #130 Factory tour video Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #131 Flipper links & other assembly parts Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #142 The plastic used for flipper links Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #153 Flipper buttons Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #162 Coin door Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #188 Power supply Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #196 Rubbers Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #607 Final Artwork approved and being applied in test sizes Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #1020 Thunderbirds official flyer Posted by musketd (1 year ago)

Post #1103 Thunderbirds: First look under the playfield Posted by solarvalue (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kenlayton.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#82 2 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

There is no software relating to this power tap. It is simply a power take off point provided for user mods. How that is interfaced to the game is up to the end user.

I assume this power take off point will be controlled by the machine's power on-off switch?

2 weeks later
#151 2 years ago

I'm glad to see the pictures of all the playfield mechanisms. That's showing real progress!

Have you been able to get the plastic playfield inserts made yet? It seems that now you're almost ready to make playfields!

1 week later
#175 2 years ago

In the USA and on location, TWO coin slots are a requirement. Happ Controls makes a great two coin slot with bill validator cutout coin/bill door which Stern Pinball uses. The bill acceptor cutout comes with a cover plate installed which you remove if you install a bill aceptor.

There is a very good reason a bill acceptor is mounted on the coin door: you must be able to see the bottom/lower rear area of it in order to see the diagnostic LEDs mounted on it. Also when a bill jams, you need to easiest and quickest access to the bill aceptor to clear the jam (very important when on location).

Narrow coin doors are a real pain when you need to reach in to either adjust something (like tilt bob or volume control) or to grab the manual/schematics.

In the USA, a bill acceptor mounted into the wooden front gives the machine an appearance of a gambling device.

#186 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

What do these electronic mechs looks like?

Imonex v92 series with EM board and optical switch:

http://www.imonex.com/Category_Amusements/v92_series.aspx

These units require +12 VDC to operate. Price per play, numbers of coins per credit, and length of pulse is set via dip switches under those black covers. However, the coins accepted are programmed into it at the factory. So if you want it to accept different coins, then you must ship the acceptor to the factory for re-programming.

DSCF2704 (resized).JPG

2 months later
#267 2 years ago

Does the shooter housing use a metal pressed-in bushing? Or does it use a nylon sleeve like a Williams?

3 weeks later
#290 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

This bugs me so much in some machines where they've used switch actuators that are too heavy, and which stop slow balls on ramps or loops.
Getting round the side of the machine to tip it in the middle of a good ball isn't fun.

Why don't they go back to conventional leaf switches and Gottlieb rollover wireforms? With a leaf switch you can adjust the tension of the switch.

2 weeks later
#339 2 years ago

Looks good. I can't wait to see playfield pictures.

1 month later
#488 2 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

A modern day Gottlieb Vari target then.

And the Vari-Target patent expired many years ago.

3 weeks later
#496 2 years ago

I can see from the pictures that some USA route operators are going to have carve up the front of the cabinet to install 2 chute bill acceptor coin doors. The single entry coin door will turn off some route operators from purchasing the machine.

Are those scratches in the paint on the coin door in your picture? What's those white scratches? Are the coin doors being powder coated?

#498 2 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Looks like there's a separate cutout in the cab for a bill acceptor?

Yes, but in some states the gambling commission by default considers a bill acceptor mounted in the wood a gambling machine. Whereas usually a bill acceptor mounted in the coin door is considered an amusement or vending device. Here in Washington state, our gambling commission plays hardball and virtually every amusement/gambling machine MUST be submitted to them for evaluation and approval/denial. This process can take around a year or more to happen for the machine to be either approved for sale & use in Washington state or flat out denied.

Also, when the bill acceptor is mounted on the coin door, it's easy to swing open the door and look at the bottom of the bill acceptor to see what error codes are flashing when a problem occurs. Also makes it easy to unbolt the bill acceptor should you need to replace it with another one. Easier access to the mounting bolts and you can see what you're doing.

3 weeks later
#612 2 years ago

That black plastic piece looks like a light chopper for some some of optical encoder. Maybe a steering control or shaft encoder?

1 week later
#675 2 years ago

Nitro pinball in Canada is an excellent distributor. They really go the extra mile to please their customers.

2 months later
#1050 1 year ago

Mike:

Will your machines come with a playfield prop rod? I feel these are absolutely essential when working on the playfield. Especially when working on the flippers, I don't want to have to lean the playfield against the backbox and stand on a step ladder to solder on wires on a flipper coil or EOS switch.

#1066 1 year ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Thank you for admitting the power switch move was a mistake and if I may say so idiotic. The cost saving is so insignificant that it baffles me why someone would piss off so many people over it.

As I look at Stern. Wink Wink.

1 week later
#1117 1 year ago

Some of the later Williams machines had vinyl sleeving on the end of the prop rod. A guy could use heat shrink tubing instead too.

1 month later
#1544 1 year ago
Quoted from sparkup:

The gap between coil stop and coil and the folded up paper or similar shim sticking out the left side. The HP coil on the other flipper is tight.

Could be easily fixed with a wave washer or two.

2 weeks later
#1927 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

Are plastic parts going to hold up to the cycles on a score real? Would they not wear and malfunction? I guess if parts are cheap they could always be rebuilt.

The parts look like exact copies of Williams 3 inch score reel parts. Williams made all their score reel parts of nylon plastic and they've held up quite well for being 45 years old.

6 months later
#2235 1 year ago

I wish the back of the playfields were painted gray like they used to be. Looks better with gray paint in my opinion.

2 months later
#2528 11 months ago

Williams put their logo on lots of their parts.

#2554 11 months ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Stern makes games to make money for operators on location. I like those types of games.

I agree. So do a lot of route operators too.

1 month later
#2982 9 months ago

Change the mech holders to either one of these:

https://na.suzohapp.com/products/coin_doors/42-3371-00

https://na.suzohapp.com/products/coin_doors/42-7355-00D

Then you can put in regular USA quarter mechs.

#3027 9 months ago
Quoted from Lysurgeon:

Ball keeps getting stuck on middle ramp, right above pop bumper. It doesnt matter what pitch we set it at. I tried to give this game a chance in a tourney last night. I should have known better. Never again, it had too many issues.

If I recall, Homepin has made newer, thicker plastic ramps. So if you got an early machine with a thin plastic ramp, they'll send you a replacement through your distributor. Also, on the metal habitrails, they discovered a problem with a ball getting stuck. Contact your distributor for a retrofit part that corrects that problem.

#3073 9 months ago
Quoted from GAP:

We just got 3 TB in and 1 will be at pinball Expo.
Great American Pinball

I see you received one with a narrow coin door. Do you have any problems with the coin acceptors working with quarters? Can you set it to 4 quarters 1 play?

#3078 9 months ago

Mike:

Thank you for posting those instruction sheets. I have used other Weiya/Huai products before on video arcade games especially their universal replacement monitor chassis, joysticks, and pushbuttons.

1 month later
#3188 8 months ago

I think the important thing is that machines are being built *and* being shipped.

#3204 8 months ago
Quoted from Homepin:

The current small batch of machines is nearing completion. It takes a LOT longer to assemble a machine than we ever envisioned and we are looking at every possible way of getting them built in a 'more timely' fashion. We are just not able to make 50 machines a month at the moment but we are working on it.
'Todays problem' (TM) was discovered when we went to fit the coin doors to this current batch. The supplier has changed the coin slot spacing! It might have been handy if they told us about this as we have already made about 100 coin boxes and now the coin holes in them are in the wrong place.........this equals more delays and additional costs and expenses caused by delayed product. It also pushes out the time frame for starting the next batch.
Everyone wants their machine NOW but sadly we can only build and deliver them as fast as we can. I won't be drawn nor will I comment further on deliveries for individual machines. I have covered most delivery questions in my recent posts. I am going to devote my time 100% to running the factory and I will no longer involve myself in discussion of sales, gameplay or anything else as these areas are being handled by others and I am not going to be at cross purposes with anyone else.
As far as I am concerned, this thread will be for updating our progress and our builds and sharing some problems that we strike along the way. That is what I will be sticking to from now on. If someone has a question on building machines, mechanisms, PCBs or anything else factory related I will do my best to answer it.
Please refer purchase, delivery and service enquiries to our dealer in your area for the fastest most efficient response.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Something I just noticed on the new coin door: the double "D" hole for the lock has the flat sides vertical. That's not the way it is in the USA. We normally have the flat sides of the double D hole horizontal for the lock.

2 months later
#3506 5 months ago

Probably about the same.

#3509 5 months ago

Spooky uses mostly "off-the-shelf" assemblies for their machines. No need to spend "years" re-inventing the wheel like Homepin did.

1 month later
#3640 4 months ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

I saw from a facebook post that there's a parts/material supply problem since Chinese New Year.
- Just got 50 sheets of plywood in - after some begging.

It's China. Things like that happen all the time. That's why I would never have set up operations there in my opinion.

#3677 3 months ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Because HomePin still owes many preorder people, machines, which they paid for 5+ years ago
all they have is lies and deception

And wasn't it back in November 2018 promises were made that all the remaining pre-orders would be shipping in January 2019? Well that month has come and gone.

4 weeks later
#3744 89 days ago

There is an update kit for the flipper bushing now. It consists of a stainless steel sleeve which goes inside the flipper bushing. I wonder if there was too much slop in the nylon bushings they made?

#3751 89 days ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Why not just send a newer, better bushed and put that in?
The flipper is already mostly taken apart looking at the instructions given.

Or you could replace the Homepin bushing with the superior Williams flipper bushing # 03-7568 and not have to worry.

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-nylon-flipper-bushing.html

1 week later
#3886 77 days ago

Looks like a "Z" back video arcade game to me.

2 weeks later
#3933 63 days ago

The orange cabinet looks like Donkey Kong Junior.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 279.95
$ 62.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 34.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 1,000.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
$ 35.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kenlayton.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside