Topic Stats

• 4,054 posts
  • 391 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 days ago by Vintage2
  • Topic is favorited by 168 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 753 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kung Fu Panda (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).PNG
59FF4170-B1EA-4724-9123-195B90D84BC5 (resized).png
letsmakeadeal (resized).jpg
truth (resized).jpg
screen-capture-8 (resized).png
rampage (resized).jpg
59546319_448232989282183_8360119207047725056_n (resized).jpg
IMG_2927 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 7.47.02 pm.png
59546319_448232989282183_8360119207047725056_n (resized).jpg
99D1AA11-1443-414C-A49B-3B3177C76184 (resized).jpeg
59363232_447010972713392_259249182378819584_n (resized).jpg
2102F2C3-3B12-4112-AEFE-6F8EFFF1B965 (resized).jpeg
868710A0-56BB-496C-BEDA-7BA0D66E4FB6 (resized).jpeg
dial2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #29 Images of flipper coils being assembled in the Homepin factory. Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #31 Images of prototype Thunderbirds mechs. Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #46 MPU Testing: Image and Video Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #47 Pinball Cab CNC Tests: Images and Video Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #61 Fliipper Coil pictorial Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #122 Delivery trucks being loaded in China Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #130 Factory tour video Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #131 Flipper links & other assembly parts Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #142 The plastic used for flipper links Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #153 Flipper buttons Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #162 Coin door Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #188 Power supply Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #196 Rubbers Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #607 Final Artwork approved and being applied in test sizes Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #1020 Thunderbirds official flyer Posted by musketd (2 years ago)

Post #1103 Thunderbirds: First look under the playfield Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jwilson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#137 2 years ago

Will it be possible to order your more generic parts for doing custom games? I imagine your stuff will be both cheaper and higher quality than what's available now.

1 month later
#242 2 years ago

I think that Thunderbirds isn't even the most interesting part of this, it's other, smaller manufacturers getting access to quality parts at much cheaper pricing!

At least I hope that's Homepin's aim - to sell quality generic (and possibly specific) parts to home builders and smaller boutique manufacturers.

2 months later
#310 2 years ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

Because this archaic stuff last longer ?

And it's way, way cheaper.

#315 2 years ago

Smart move - reduce variables, then when you have it all working, then you start changing stuff.

3 months later
#649 2 years ago

The trolling was uncalled for and in very bad taste, but Mike's knee-jerk reaction to immediately stop posting and run away to Facebook isn't exactly the most mature reaction either.

Just report the post and it'll get moderated, which is exactly what happened - but now he'll never know because he ran off instantly. I'll miss the updates and discussion as well, but if you can't be bothered to use the tools the site offers and you just leave, I can't exactly express much sympathy and I'm certainly not going to kiss any rings or beg.

#683 2 years ago

I'm happy to see you've returned. Thanks for the backstory. Looking forward to more updates!

1 month later
#1032 2 years ago

Technically Big Bang Bar did it first, but who's counting.

2 weeks later
#1123 2 years ago

My only concern is how large and obtrusive those siderails are. Really very visually distracting.

#1128 2 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

You look at the side rails while you are playing pinball? - - - really?

It's the whole package. Why even put art on the side if it doesn't matter? In a lineup you won't even see the lightning EL head sides since most people put them an inch apart. But you did that too.

Just my personal opinion - they eat up so much of the side of the cabinet art space for no reason.

1 month later
#1621 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

I dont understand the "runs pc hardware" is not a commercial solution? nearly ALL systems these days are just a big system on chip running linux (ie i'm pretty sure this is what Sterns new system is) Its how every thing is done these days.

Stern runs Linux on what is technically a PC (SPIKE is ARM-based). JJP runs Linux - Ubuntu I believe.

Mike is just stuck in the 90's mindset.

#1632 2 years ago

Should have just used P-ROC like a bunch of upcoming and shipping games now. It's a proven, working platform.

#1718 2 years ago

I like how Mike asked to use it, Ben said "no thanks", and then Mike used it anyway.

#1721 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

but apparently Mike said he has the best programmer in the world......

Had.

#1724 2 years ago

Someone mentioned the return of Data East - very apropos. There's certainly room in the $5K market for another DE (ie. lower cost, cheaper BOM, mediocre art/sound/video) to sell games. I mean, DEs were mostly stinkers but they had some real winners too, so there's hope.

Plus, this is the first game and it's not a theme for the US. Maybe Europe and Australia will eat it up. Who knows.

#1866 1 year ago

Hopefully someone else will pick up the mantle of posting updates. Even though I have zero interest in the theme and the game looks like it doesn't play that great, I'm still interested in progress and seeing what might come next and I'd rather not clutter up my facebook with it.

#1887 1 year ago

I love how he trots out the dead wife anytime he gets caught with his pants down.

His whole story reeks - first he denies his boards have anything to do with Ben, fighting back and forth and saying some nasty things about Ben in the process, then suddenly it's some third party's fault for stealing? Oh and he wasn't paying close attention? What a pant load. No one wastes time on a "prototype" board only to dump it.

Well, I guess we'll wait another few years for Thunderbirds to actually be available and evaluate the "new" boardset then.

#1891 1 year ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

vile dribble like this is why I'm reluctant to do it.

It's pretty vile how he brings it up in an email to try and generate sympathy, to excuse away his stealing someone's work, or anytime someone calls him on his shit.

#1896 1 year ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

What a shitty thing to say. Seriously get some common decency FFS.

He's the one who keeps bringing it up.

#1903 1 year ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I find your comments appalling, offensive, and completely outside of any common decency. You are talking about a real person suffering a real loss, not some play on the sports field. Even if you think these horrendous things, you don't need to share every crappy thought that pops into your head on this forum.

Look, it was awful that it happened and I can't imagine the pain it must have caused, but it's not a get out of jail free card you just toss around when you're losing an argument. That cheapens what should be a private, personal event to mere spectacle and it cheapens her memory to use it over something as stupid as trying to avoid thanking someone for their hard work.

It's like Rudy Giuliani constantly trotting out 9/11 to make himself look good - it's a cheap sensationalist tactic to trigger people's emotions so they don't think about the issue with their heads. Just let her rest in peace and own your own failings.

#1935 1 year ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

Its nice to see them willing to have a rethink and make changes.

My question is, did no one play this game at the whitewood stage? All the flaws would be well apparent long before you put art down. The fact that they're going backwards is a big red flag. Very JPOP-esque.

4 months later
#2095 1 year ago
Quoted from Homepin:

What isn't realised by many is that things like this plastic ramp, as simple as it is, can take MORE THAN a year from concept to finished part. Extend that across dozens of different parts and you start to realise delays of a year or even two are perfectly "normal".

That's hard to believe since Houdini went from literally NOTHING to a fully finished prototype with production ramps in four months, and shipping production games in under a year.

4 months later
#2518 1 year ago

Nice that he shoehorned in the Homepin logo there. Gotta have the logo on absolutely everything.

3 weeks later
#2761 1 year ago

The game reminds me of those weird Spanish DMD games Pacak brings to Expo.

As for confronting him, will it be Skit-B style where someone takes a photo of his back and runs away?

1 month later
#3084 12 months ago

I didn’t even finish a full game. Playing it felt like I was being punished for liking pinball.

Did a human person with actual working fingers try those flipper buttons before they were mass produced? Such an odd choice of things to change. Every single person I watch step up to play and put their fingers on the buttons made a face like “WTF” when they touched them.

And what’s with that Rube Goldberg mech with springs and twisty wires to get the trees to shake? So much work for such a small effect.

When someone got multiball they commented “oh look, I got it to poop out a ball”, which perfectly sums up that ball release mech. Then he kept locking a ball(?) and his turn never ended.

There are two SDTM issues that a second whitewood would have solved, that is if anyone actually played the game a couple of times before going to production.

Normally I wouldn’t be so negative in a public forum but I believe Mike appreciates “straight talk” and not being politically correct and would want my honest opinion.

1 month later
#3275 10 months ago

What I don’t understand is, aren’t the buttons used by everyone else also made in China? Why can’t you just buy them from the same place?

#3284 10 months ago

You really need to feel them to understand why they’re so disturbing to use.

They feel like you’re putting you finger in someone’s bellybutton.

#3346 10 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

If he wants to ever have a shot at making it, he needs to disengage from speaking to anyone, and filter it through a PR person or business manager.

Honestly, it doesn't really matter. Mike could be a serial killer and people would buy his game if it was any good. The issue is that it's not.

2 months later
#3508 8 months ago

All he has to do is make a good game and all is forgiven. Given his priorities towards engineering versus gameplay I doubt it’ll ever happen.

1 month later
1 month later
#3775 5 months ago

The nicest thing you can say is it was well packed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Tampa, FL
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 149.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jwilson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside