Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #29 Images of flipper coils being assembled in the Homepin factory. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #31 Images of prototype Thunderbirds mechs. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #46 MPU Testing: Image and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #47 Pinball Cab CNC Tests: Images and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #61 Fliipper Coil pictorial Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #122 Delivery trucks being loaded in China Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #130 Factory tour video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #131 Flipper links & other assembly parts Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #142 The plastic used for flipper links Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #153 Flipper buttons Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jq-pinner77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3081 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

There is only a need for 'regular' software updates when products are released BEFORE they should be. We have been testing, and adjusting, the software (and dozens of other things) for a very long time and we are now happy with the overall performance. The software, and the machine in general, is performing exactly to our original intentions. How often does your new TV set, air conditioner or WMS pinball machine require a software update?
However, should it be necessary to update for some currently unknown reason, it is a simple plug in board about 50mm x 50mm - 30 seconds work and hardly a big deal. No downloads and no chance of bricking your machine.
We believe that we have achieved our aim of building a fun game that is easy to understand and play whilst NOT being 10 deep with the ruleset. Thunderbirds Pinball is a machine that "two half pissed guys in a pub" can bang the ball around and have a bit of fun. NOT something that requires Einstein to dissect each and every ball movement and calculate the exact trajectory for each shot. That was never our intention.
It is also well built using almost all stainless steel parts, mostly through hole, standard electronics and competitively priced in most markets (please note that Homepin does not set the sell price nor do we have anything to do with sales or promotions).
Those that know Thunderbirds (the TV show) will appreciate the lowering ramp, The Mole toy mechanism, falling trees and pool action of Tracy Island as being true to the original show. They will also know and recognise the original theme music and the dozens of callouts from the original characters in the show. Those that don't know Thunderbirds won't fully understand or appreciate why these features are built in. This is one reason TAG was always targeted at markets outside the USA. Sure, there are people in the USA that certainly do know and understand Thunderbirds but no where near as many as in other countries.
A couple of USA buyers have contacted me saying how happy they are with the machine and that is satisfying.
It is also our first machine built using all our own designed and manufactured parts and that has taken a staggering amount of time, effort and money, far more than originally anticipated.
We look forward to when we will be able to develop a machine that might be more appealing to the USA market but that time isn't right now. For now our sales agents efforts are concentrated on markets that already know and love Thunderbirds (as was our intention right from the start of this project). This doesn't mean that they WON'T be selling to the USA, it just means it isn't the ONLY place sales efforts are being concentrated.
By all means have your say on the machine, positive AND negative but please remember, we are not trying to compete with high end machines that are currently available from other manufacturers or anything from the past and also please consider the build quality and what you get for your lower purchase price.
Comparing TAG with PotC or Deadpool (as two examples) is plain silly. There is no comparison as TAG was never intended to compete with high end machines like these.

Mike I think the game is in excellent taste and meets the goals you set ,I see people continually bashing the game and have no interest in buying it .I personally would love to see them just move on ,I find it funny when I read there responses to your posts defending your company and quite frankly tired of the childish crap but have to wonder if they were in your position would they respond the same , I am sure they would ,they may say they would not but they would ,they like to be part of the problem or they would move on , I did buy a game and want to thank you for producing a affordable nib game ,the cost of games now are making them conversation trophy's and not good ole fun .Please try to not defend yourself on these forums , if you do not give the haters attention they will go away, good luck !!

1 year later
#4299 3 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Hello Pinball Enthusiasts,
I thought it was time to start a thread where I can show our progress in the Homepin factory with all things Pinball and Arcade related. In fact this is the first thread I have started on Pinside.
For those who don't know who Homepin is I will explain briefly here (skip the next couple of paragraphs if you are already aware of Homepin).
Homepin was started about six years ago in a small electronic workshop under my house in Kuranda Far North Queensland Australia. Initially we manufactured replacement boards for numerous pinball machines. The idea to start a factory in China grew from my lifelong desire to run an electronics factory manufacturing "something". As I had been involved in the amusement industry from when I was 21yo I figured that pinball or something arcade related would be a good place to start.
For about 15 years I had been trading with China and had started a small office there in Guangzhou mainly sourcing things for various customers and also having items manufactured, checking quality and organising shipping for other customers. I was already in China several times a year often for a few months at a time.
Fast forward a bit and now I have a factory in Shenzhen (just across the border from Hong Kong) with many different machines from plastic injection to folders, lathes CNC milling machines and pretty much what you would expect in a factory including facilities for printed circuit board assembly. Homepin is a 100% Australian owned and run business. We do not have any Chinese partner and there is always an Australian engineer present in the factory supervising operations.
I want to make it totally clear here about what we do and about this thread. Homepin is an amusement company. In fact our registered Chinese business name is "Shenzhen City, Arcade Game Science & Technology Company Limited". We are not exclusively about pinball machines, we make anything relating to arcade machines in general and that happens to include pinball.
For various reasons we have found ourselves manufacturing licenced Video game tables under a very famous Australian brand name, "Hankin". Back in the day, Hankin was a very big player in the amusement industry in Australia and did quite a lot of manufacturing. They made the tables that we now build under licence and also made five models of pinball machines.
A.Hankin & Co are still in the amusement business to this day operating juke boxes and pool tables in hotels mostly around New South Wales. Homepin has a very close working relationship with the Hankin company.
Initially, after establishing the Homepin factory in Shenzhen, I didn't think much about continuing the manufacture of replacement PCBs but when we had some quiet times it occurred to me that it would make sense to make boards to keep the staff busy. To that end, the latest boards we are building are replacements for WMS MPU boards. The pictures below show our work on them and the jig that arrived this morning to enable us to test them before packing and shipping. It will take some time for us to wire the jig so it might be a week or so before we are ready to ship these boards out.
Official Homepin agents for all of our replacement board products are "Johns-Arcade" in Australia and "Pinball Life" in the USA.
A quick word about "other Pinside threads" relating to Homepin and Thunderbirds pinball. It was never my intention to have much of a presence in the USA or Canada initially. I wanted to get the factory running smoothly, have our first machine shipping and then work on further products that would be more suitable for those markets. Most know that things turned sour pretty quickly and "most" of that was connected with a few stirrers on here at that time. It seems the moderators are doing a much better job more recently of curtailing keyboard warriors (just my observation).
I intend to show various things as we are doing them in the factory because I know there are many who are interested. Sometimes these things might be arcade related rather than pinball but that's the business we are in. I welcome CONSTRUCTIVE or POSITIVE feedback. If you want to niggle or be negative please don't bother posting in this thread. Where possible I will endeavour to answer questions when they don't clash with commercially sensitive matters.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hi Mike ,can you please contact me via email @[email protected] ,having a issue with ball missing error
Ty Jim

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jq-pinner77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress?tu=jq-pinner77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.