Topic Stats

• 3,987 posts
  • 385 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 days ago by Don_C
  • Topic is favorited by 169 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 749 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

truth (resized).jpg
screen-capture-8 (resized).png
rampage (resized).jpg
59546319_448232989282183_8360119207047725056_n (resized).jpg
IMG_2927 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 7.47.02 pm.png
59546319_448232989282183_8360119207047725056_n (resized).jpg
99D1AA11-1443-414C-A49B-3B3177C76184 (resized).jpeg
59363232_447010972713392_259249182378819584_n (resized).jpg
2102F2C3-3B12-4112-AEFE-6F8EFFF1B965 (resized).jpeg
868710A0-56BB-496C-BEDA-7BA0D66E4FB6 (resized).jpeg
dial2 (resized).jpeg
AFF856C8-B022-4091-B5B9-6C804FB42F87 (resized).png
8824be65f84920aa21dccb4e9acf47da8522de5f (resized).jpg
D19AA2E9-F995-4396-81AD-9750E23E87BF (resized).jpeg
8AAFDB60-3AAD-4FB6-A920-94E6E6BEA833 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #29 Images of flipper coils being assembled in the Homepin factory. Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #31 Images of prototype Thunderbirds mechs. Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #46 MPU Testing: Image and Video Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #47 Pinball Cab CNC Tests: Images and Video Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #61 Fliipper Coil pictorial Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #122 Delivery trucks being loaded in China Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #130 Factory tour video Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #131 Flipper links & other assembly parts Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #142 The plastic used for flipper links Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #153 Flipper buttons Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #162 Coin door Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #188 Power supply Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #196 Rubbers Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #607 Final Artwork approved and being applied in test sizes Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #1020 Thunderbirds official flyer Posted by musketd (1 year ago)

Post #1103 Thunderbirds: First look under the playfield Posted by solarvalue (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodyg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2525 10 months ago

Finally glad to see something worse than Motordome. But can it crash worse than Raven? If that happens, I'll have to add to my Raven sale listing "this game rates higher than a brand new game made in 2018!". Maybe I'll even raise the price $10.

Quoted from swinks:

what are people thoughts after the couple of recent shows?, as not alot posted
currently in the Pinside Top 100 listing, it only has 5 reviews and doesn't fall on the list until another 10 more, but after applying the filter to show without comments it averages out at 6.1136, which puts at roughly 347 on the ranking.
344 - Spy Hunter
345 - Millionaire
346 - Monte Carlo
347 - "Thunderbirds"
348 - Striker Extreme
349 - Black Belt
350 - Charles Angels

#2558 10 months ago

I think it truly needs more Homepin® logos on it.

1 week later
#2609 10 months ago

Why anyone would fork over thousands of dollars of unsecured money up front to a new and unproven company is beyond me. If a company has such a sound financial plan that it is a "can't fail", they would have no problem securing cheap money through the financial markets. Having your future customers prepay their way before you make product one is insane. This should be a red flag for everyone. For those who choose to ignore that, they should realize that there is a real chance they may never see anything materialize from that money. So why risk it? So you can be the first kid on the block to get the new toy?

#2754 10 months ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Just as i posted a few days ago
looks like they need to chase new money
Australian games won't come before November/December

Another pinball Ponzi scheme. It works until your sales slow down. Which will probably be relatively soon with this title.

#2846 10 months ago
Quoted from Homepin:

- I have no idea why these few seem hell bent on attempting to bring me down but it's a pretty sad state of affairs that they seem to think that their behavior is beyond reproach when they are not in possession of the full facts.
At the end of the day it really isn't anyone's business apart from Homepin, our agents and the buyer. Others chipping in with wild accusations and incorrect and mostly defamatory comments have no business in butting in.

Let me help you with that...you are kind of a hard guy to like for a lot of people.

Screenshot_20180828-090029_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180828-090854_Chrome (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2875 9 months ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Take it Pete, this is what you have been asking for for what seems like ages and with full refund finally.
Wonder why this all of a sudden changed?

He didn't offer a refund...he offered to give it to someone else.

#2884 9 months ago
Quoted from Homepin:The Canadian shipment was delivered to Nitro Pinball yesterday.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY..............Nitro Pinball Canada ARE a pre-order buyer EXACTLY the same as every other pre-order buyer (including the ones complaining about the freight costs in this thread and other places).
BUT there is one main difference...............they have paid ALL costs including delivery UNLIKE some other pre-order buyers who seem intent on complaining loudly to try and force me to ship them for free !!!!!
THIS IS WHY THE NITRO SHIPMENT WAS DELIVERED FIRST!!!!!!!!
Can I be any clearer?
We are holding orders for customers in many countries, there is no single country that has ordered more machines than any other.
There is no problem or conspiracy here - when pre-order customers decide which way they want their machines delivered AND then pay for that method (or WAIT if they choose free delivery) we will schedule their machine to be built to fit - it really is that simple and clear cut.

You threw in free shipping to get more preorders up front. These people essentially gave you a free loan for the last few years while waiting for their machines. Then when the machines are finished, you throw the little "*" in there that they won't be getting their machines until it suits YOU.

There is literally zero timeline for when these early supporters are getting their machines...next month, or even next year. But they can get their machines now if they pay the shipping cost. Thats a blatent bait and switch, it's pretty darn rotten. These people took a big risk in pre-funding your venture with no collateral, and now you are just waving your middle finger at them incessantly because you would rather chase new money over doing the right thing and get your supporters the machine they paid for YEARS AGO. I am sure many of them dove in on this "deal" because you offered free shipping. If you would have been honest in the beginning and told everyone they may be waiting several months longer because of this "deal", they would have never agreed to it.

Good luck getting anyone to put money up ahead of time on your next venture.

#2892 9 months ago

Mikes original shipping offer that he made in April was;
air freight at $1800, and do all the paperwork
LCL at $600 (not sure if that included taxes and fees), and do all the paperwork
sea freight, free, no paperwork. but there was no mention of special conditions that Mike has added later

Do you happen to have copies of that communication?

2 weeks later
#2941 9 months ago

I got enough hush money to quit my job!

1 week later
#2990 8 months ago
Quoted from Andy_B:

Jesus Wayne, give it a rest!
I have no horse in this race. I will probably never buy TAG and may even never play one. I read the thread because I am interested in new companies bringing pinball machines to market.
But you, my friend, are coming across like some sort of spoiled brat. We get that you wish to stick it to Mike, its plainly evident in all your posts on this subject. We get it! But your posts are starting to come over like your six years old.
Enough!

Well, did did say he wasn't going to sell to the US at one point after a big hissy fit. But he did change his mind when he saw the chance to make money off them.

#3048 8 months ago

It was either an extreme cost cutting measure, extreme lack of knowledge or an extreme case of wanting to keep people from adding their own code to a machine. Take your pick.

#3064 8 months ago

Actually, the software on my LG TV updates over wifi about once a month. YouTube app in the TV seems to update every week or so. These companies have teams of technical folks and still need to do updates because they missed things. I will bet you one US dollar that someone is going to find a bug at some point in your software. Nobody is perfect and will catch 100% of problems before release.

2 weeks later
#3097 8 months ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Much better than the empty space would be should the pin not be there.

That's a hell of an endorsement!

3 weeks later
#3167 7 months ago
Quoted from Homepin:

The simple facts are if we don't pursue "SOME" new sales whilst also delivering to pre-order buyers AND developing new products, we will fold.

How is this not a Pinball Ponzi scheme then?

3 weeks later
#3345 6 months ago

A pinball ponzi scheme is just like any other ponzi scheme. It only works until the new money stops coming in. Then whoever is left holding the bag gets trashed. And this is why I never pre-order anything.

Mike's arrogance and his "tell it like it is" might work in the Aussie market, but the rest of the world thinks he's a buffoon. His prior antics have seriously damaged his credibility in the rest of the world. If he wants to ever have a shot at making it, he needs to disengage from speaking to anyone, and filter it through a PR person or business manager.

2 weeks later
#3368 6 months ago

What a joke of a company, and a slap to the face of the people who have been out their money for 5 years. (edited).
There is zero justification for these people not having games yet. Zero. Mike is no better than Andrew Heighway.

1 week later
#3416 5 months ago

I can't tell the difference between Titan and regular rubber. Superbands are another story. Way way way too bouncy.

1 month later
#3513 4 months ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

Just saw PinballStar had Thunderbirds knocked down to $4,250 in their email mailer.... "Inventory Reduction"

Probably wants to get off them before Homepin goes belly up.

4 weeks later
#3540 3 months ago

The down under folks are always so articulate in they way they communicate!

#3601 3 months ago

I was on the preorder list, and I did jump on Wayne's generous offer to ship our games last year
but Mike holds the games and would not release them to him

So does Mike actually have games built to be released, or does he not actually have them built like he came here yelling and screaming about a few months ago? If it's the latter, we can now see why Mike went on a tirade and left Pinside... He knew he could only keep up the lies so long. How convenient.

1 week later
#3650 3 months ago

I guess Mike is back in bully mode. Maybe if he would get people their flippin games, he wouldn't have to threaten lawsuits. Seems kinda funny he has plenty of money to pay lawyers, but no money to build games.

2 weeks later
#3717 74 days ago
Quoted from pipes:

Nobody actually discusses the gameplay or anything aside from waiting for their game to arrive. Why are people not talking about the game. Surely there are people that own it - how do you like it? Is it a good game? Are you satisfied with your purchase? Stuff like that. It would be nice to hear some feedback. Anyone?
I have strong opinions on it after having owned one and it would be nice to hear what other owners think about it.

Ranked #365/#365 on the Pinside rank list. "Terrible" titles like Bugs Bunny Birthday Bash, Raven and Motordome are all better games according to Pinside.

2 weeks later
#3797 55 days ago

Nothing but the finest quality Chineseum® in those side rails.

#3804 54 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Plenty of Chineseum in your Stern Guardians also.

Except Guardians is actually fun...unlike Thunderturds.

Also, metal thickness doesn't mean shit if the material is too soft and ductile. You don't want draw quality material on a part like this.

#3816 53 days ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

0.9mm if you follow the Shadow line of the hand, if you follow the actual dial hand it’s 0.8mm
[quoted image]

So .032" or so.

#3862 52 days ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I'm sure we'll get a few reviews from Pinfest....

I gave it another chance at Pinfest last night. Its still absolutely terrible.

#3875 50 days ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I thought this game was much better than the rep is has on pinside.
Flipper buttons were strange but I had fun playing it.
Maybe becuase it was next to Mafia, which was one of the worse games I played at the show.
Can't see how that game is worth the money.

Have any Mafias sold yet, anywhere?

#3890 49 days ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I was a huge fan of the show growing up and love the theme, so I was excited when it showed up at Pinfest last year. My son and I played a couple games and walked away totally unimpressed. This year I waited about 20 minutes to play ACNC (mostly because that pin is ridiculously easy) during which time not a single person played Thunderbirds, no line, no wait.

ACNC is a hidden gem, IMO...its a shame people poo pooed on it so much before it was actually out there in its current form. The ACNC at Pinfest seemed to have 5 people in line for it most of the time.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodyg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside