Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #29 Images of flipper coils being assembled in the Homepin factory. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #31 Images of prototype Thunderbirds mechs. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #46 MPU Testing: Image and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #47 Pinball Cab CNC Tests: Images and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #61 Fliipper Coil pictorial Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #122 Delivery trucks being loaded in China Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #130 Factory tour video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #131 Flipper links & other assembly parts Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #142 The plastic used for flipper links Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #153 Flipper buttons Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimmya.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3688 5 years ago

Hello all - my first post here
I am a prepaid customer (I will never do it again)
I paid in 2014 and picked up my machine last week
I did try to sell it before as I was so sick of the waiting, bullshit, lack of information, no replies, also all the crap on forums like this one
Post #3660 is a very good summary
The machine is very well made and feels robust, with great attention to some parts; eg: wire labels, even a padlock supplied on the coin box
It was very well packed, but mine still had minor damage to the head box
It is a solid cabinet and the playfield moves out nicely
The art work does look good and feels like decent quality (only time will tell)
The side of the headbox looks good - I wish the EL panels we were shown were there
The game is very basic and the ball jams in a few places - top right and on the switches near the flipper - no big deal I will make something to prevent this from happening (that should have been picked up in testing)
I have limited space for my machines and can't see myself selling something to keep this one
The ramp is not great - but an improvement on the one at pinfest 2017 - I will modify the end of that as well
I don't know why all the fuss about the flipper buttons - you press them and the flippers work
The sound quality is good, but disjointed and the call outs seem random and sometimes repeat
The biggest disappointment for me is Mikes disregard for the prepaid people
Anyone can see he needed to sell machines (to new customers) to keep the business running, but he didn't have the balls to state that to us
He really needs a PR person - stick to building Mike
Overall it really is a good first effort and now he is setup to make more machines - maybe he will get some help with the next playfield design?
Anyone putting shit on the machine (and there are lots here) - show us what you have built...
PR 0/10 quality 9/10 art 7/10 game 3/10

#3707 5 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

That's literally the dumbest comment I have ever read on any forum ever in my life. First post too.
So, just so we're clear, only positive reviews and opinions are allowed unless you have actually built a pinball machine with your own hands...? Does that apply to just pinball machines in your world or do you need to have experience building cars and toasters as well to have an opinion on those things?

What I meant is, it is pretty easy to sit and type "that is shit", "this is crap", etc, etc.
There is a lot of work in the machine, some of it is really quite good (and agreed some of it is shit).
Credit where credit is due.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimmya.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress?tu=jimmya and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.