Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #29 Images of flipper coils being assembled in the Homepin factory. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #31 Images of prototype Thunderbirds mechs. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #46 MPU Testing: Image and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #47 Pinball Cab CNC Tests: Images and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #61 Fliipper Coil pictorial Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #122 Delivery trucks being loaded in China Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #130 Factory tour video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #131 Flipper links & other assembly parts Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #142 The plastic used for flipper links Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #153 Flipper buttons Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1260 6 years ago

Don't care about Thunderbirds. Would be all over an ice cold beer remake though.

2 weeks later
#1723 6 years ago

Pretty crappy to just steal Ben's work. From what I've seen there's not going to be a lot of need for many manuals to be printed with acknowledgment as this game looks like a real mess in it's current state. Maybe enough can be tweaked to make it decent enough but this can't compete with any pro version stern offers. The artwork does look fairly well done, nothing else about it seems to be though.

#1749 6 years ago

I also get my inspiration in life from superstar bloggers, lol.

#1778 6 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

thats the point so many dont get .. hes NOT a salesman. He doesnt want to 'represent' anything.
He just wants to go make pinball machines in peace and the international court of pintards wont let him.

If that was the case he would have not been on several forums trying to drum up business. No one is stopping him from making pinball machines. If what you say is true the games would just be complete and people would find out about them through web searches randomly looking for pinball stuff. Instead he is on several forums and just started taking games to shows so that he can sell them and represent Homepin. This is pretty much the exact definition of representation and salesmanship. Unfortunately he's not good at either. I hope for his employees sake that this game doesn't sink the company but based on what the game video looks like this project is in big trouble. Hopefully it can be turned around and he will give Ben the credit he is due.

Quoted from jokerpoker:

I’m confused. Ben says he stole it and knows his code backwards as only he would. Fair enough.
But Mike quotes Bens posts saying it’s ok to copy and pretty much do as you like with it. So not stolen. Permission given from what I read. Am I missing something. It’s only a Pinball after all.
Storm in a teacup. TBAG springs to mind lol.

Did you read anything that Ben wrote? He was very specific that he would not allow use of his system for commercial projects and was kind enough to offer help for people doing home brew games. He stole Ben's idea and Ben specifically told him he did not have his permission to use it.

#1797 6 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

Well, this is unfortunate.
It looks like another pinball manufacturer has been run off the forum.
Sometimes, I just wonder if it would be better, for people to email their concerns to the other parties, instead of flagrantly throwing them to the wolves here. Sometimes we aren’t the most kind bunch here (me included).
Pack mentality abounds here we’ll. It turns me off sometimes.

You are not serious are you? For the most part the game did not get positive reviews at release. It did not just get blasted but lots of feedback was offered that was not positive. But what do you expect if the game has major design flaws. Next up it's pointed out that the board design and most of the code was just ripped off from Ben. Which appears to be true and was even confirmed by Homepin. Then he throws a little hissy fit and closes his account.

Simple fact is he to this point is behind, has a poorly designed game that needs lots of work, and a ripped off board set and code. It's going to be pretty hard to expect good reviews when that is what you bring to the table. Throw in that he's a hot head that lives by the daily code of I don't give a F%%K and I can't imagine why this project is circling the drain.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress?tu=jgentry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.