Topic Stats

• 4,121 posts
  • 395 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 days ago by Ballypinball
  • Topic is favorited by 168 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 755 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

screen-capture-4 (resized).png
73209863_556397155132432_4970388802087419904_n (resized).jpg
Kung Fu Panda (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).PNG
59FF4170-B1EA-4724-9123-195B90D84BC5 (resized).png
letsmakeadeal (resized).jpg
truth (resized).jpg
screen-capture-8 (resized).png
rampage (resized).jpg
59546319_448232989282183_8360119207047725056_n (resized).jpg
IMG_2927 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 7.47.02 pm.png
59546319_448232989282183_8360119207047725056_n (resized).jpg
99D1AA11-1443-414C-A49B-3B3177C76184 (resized).jpeg
59363232_447010972713392_259249182378819584_n (resized).jpg
2102F2C3-3B12-4112-AEFE-6F8EFFF1B965 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #29 Images of flipper coils being assembled in the Homepin factory. Posted by Homepin (3 years ago)

Post #31 Images of prototype Thunderbirds mechs. Posted by Homepin (3 years ago)

Post #46 MPU Testing: Image and Video Posted by Homepin (3 years ago)

Post #47 Pinball Cab CNC Tests: Images and Video Posted by Homepin (3 years ago)

Post #61 Fliipper Coil pictorial Posted by Homepin (3 years ago)

Post #122 Delivery trucks being loaded in China Posted by Homepin (3 years ago)

Post #130 Factory tour video Posted by Homepin (3 years ago)

Post #131 Flipper links & other assembly parts Posted by Homepin (3 years ago)

Post #142 The plastic used for flipper links Posted by Homepin (3 years ago)

Post #153 Flipper buttons Posted by Homepin (3 years ago)

Post #162 Coin door Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #188 Power supply Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #196 Rubbers Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #607 Final Artwork approved and being applied in test sizes Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #1020 Thunderbirds official flyer Posted by musketd (2 years ago)

Post #1103 Thunderbirds: First look under the playfield Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#90 3 years ago

+1 for best active thread on Pinside. Keep the updates coming!

1 month later
#205 2 years ago

Awesome

2 months later
#323 2 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

We get closer and closer every day. The PCBs for the top of our Pop Bumpers were delivered today. Now we can finish the assembly of the first batch of the PB's.

Still the coolest thread on pinside for me.

2 weeks later
#404 2 years ago

I applaud you for having any type of spray booth, large or small. In NZ most paint shops don't have any booth! As per council requirements, you can spray for no more than 20 minutes every hour with no booth. You can paint a car in 15 minutes once prepared so most don't bother. Now painting 2pac is a different story but for lacquer or enamel, go for it.

The reason you will succeed is the stance you have taken. Heck we've all seen pics of Heighway's factory or different factories over the years, large in size but completely baron of staff and most importantly pinball machines. Walk before you run.

2 weeks later
#453 2 years ago

I'm so looking forward to this. Just the back story is awesome, the way the company communicates is outstanding.....I never feel strung along with this thread and only get educated along the way. Great work and it looks awesome.

#465 2 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

If you watch the getaway video the camera might just give a little glimpse of the interesting machine sitting next to it Might even see that awesome lightning effect

You can even see the Lightning flash

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

#469 2 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I'm a little surprised nobody has asked about the LM339 chips that we use in all of our replacement boards? This story is connected with:
"Why aren't all of your replacement boards for sale in the USA?" - a question that was raised last week in this thread.
I wasn't going to say much but I have been inundated with messages and emails asking for some clarification - - - so here we go.
Several months ago (probably 6 or more) I sent a fresh order of our replacement PCBs to Pinball Life. They were stopped at the border by USA customs. Nobody could get to the bottom of "why"? but eventually, a letter came through stating that customs were concerned that the chips used on the boards were copies or fake chips using the "T.I." logo.
I have used tens of thousands of these bog standard parts (LM339N) and was a bit taken aback by this sudden interest. To be fair to customs (and T.I.) I really have no way of knowing if the chips are real, fake or anything else. I buy them from the same place I have purchased most smaller runs of semiconductors for over 10 years now and have no reason to doubt their authenticity BUT I can't prove it.
So, I bought a batch of several thousands "generic" LM339 chips from a local semiconductor factory without any branding. We then stamp the Homepin logo on them here in the factory and use them in our products.
I sent another box of the newly made boards to Pinball Life and these were seized as well with the same explanations given. WTF!!!
It isn't possible that anyone even looked at these boards in the second box because there is NO T.I. logo - or any other logo for that matter, apart from the registered and trademarked Homepin logo! I add there is no copyright, patent or anything else over these replacement boards. In fact, they are actually copyright to Homepin.
USA customs refuse to talk to me and will only talk to the receiver of the goods - when Terry asks them a question, they won't respond!
If anyone is able to help (on a professional level, for pay) with this issue please contact me.
Until it can be resolved, USA customs is holding over $6K worth of goods and I'm not inclined to send any more as both Terry and I are substantially out of pocket at this point.
Here is a shot of our "new chips".

Seeing they are socketed, could you not just send them without the LM339 and have Terry buy locally and install? I'm sure it won't be this easy but just my 2cents.

1 month later
#578 2 years ago

My favourite part

Embedded Microcontrollers - (there are NO personal computer parts used)

2 weeks later
#667 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Is it just me, or does the mole look slightly out of place in that pic?

Lady Penelope agrees

image (resized).jpg

#676 2 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Is that the speaker panel for TAG or is that a stand in? It looks cool.

Looks like the control panel for Thunderbird 3 but probably wrong.

Screenshot_20170629-152710 (resized).png

1 month later
#1012 2 years ago

Got to give credit to the guy/girl on the scooter. I don't take my bike out if it looks like it's going to rain

1 month later
#1435 2 years ago

That sucker right there is jammed packed! It's a world under the glass as every pin should be. Bring on the gameplay video

#1458 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So did Mike design the layout?

From menory he mentioned in some interviews that he had numerous engineers design. Watching the video a few times, the dead balls going up the centre ramp actually catch air. Mike must have known as there's a little metal bracket in that exact spot. Any airball seems to hit this and come back down. I'm sure he will have it sorted.

#1461 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah after I watched it again I saw that bracket get hit. Still looks like it'll be a fun game to shoot once it all gets sorted out.

Yeah it was such a weird reaction I thought maybe the centre ramp came up and the ball hit the pops. It will be a blast to shoot.

1 week later
#1745 2 years ago

All I know is that this entire things sucks!

Was one of my favourite threads up until like page 20. It was a one man crusade to build pinball and he showed us how this was completed along the way. It was great reading and no other to my knowledge gave us this insight.

I have no idea if he stole or copied ideas but Mike seems like a typical good aussie bloke. I don't think he's pulling the wool and been very upfront along the way.

10 months later
#2712 1 year ago
Quoted from Durzel:

It begs the question - what more do you expect highwaygames and homepin to do exactly? Swallow the cost of container and door-to-door shipping?

I'm guessing you missed this post?

Quoted from Ballypinball:

Pete get everyone together and I will get them all picked up and shipped to Melbourne for free, only the GST aka tax will be due
WHY because I am sick of all the Warts on the industry.

It's all very strange and confusing regarding the shipping but I think we can all agree on two things.

1.Why do pre order customers from 4+ years ago get abused and belittled when posting on this forum? This abuse from Homepin directly, now that's bloody strange! Thanks for supporting me, have a kick in the nuts!

2. Wayne is a good bastard

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 128.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 129.25
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 249.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 11.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside