Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #29 Images of flipper coils being assembled in the Homepin factory. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #31 Images of prototype Thunderbirds mechs. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #46 MPU Testing: Image and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #47 Pinball Cab CNC Tests: Images and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #61 Fliipper Coil pictorial Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #122 Delivery trucks being loaded in China Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #130 Factory tour video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #131 Flipper links & other assembly parts Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #142 The plastic used for flipper links Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #153 Flipper buttons Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fifty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#885 6 years ago

Everything about this pin is awesome to see unfold. I never understood the fascination with the Thunderbirds series. Maybe I just couldn't relate to it, but I do appreciate the fascination with the pin and the engineering behind it.

#944 6 years ago

Real knocker for the win!

3 weeks later
#1094 6 years ago

There's no way that toy will be denied approval right? I mean it's awesome and accurate!

#1097 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I just realized there better be a steel pin all the way through that drill bit. I can see an airball taking it clean off with a direct hit if it's just plastic through and through.

If this toy is engineered like the rest of the machine, which I'm sure it is, then there is zero chance of it breaking.

#1110 6 years ago

Pffft... Stainless steel. Next thing you're going to tell me is that it's welded and finished in reflective chrome.

#1130 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

My only concern is how large and obtrusive those siderails are. Really very visually distracting.

They look normal size to me. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are looking at. The black side rails that run down the side and expand at the flipper button?

#1153 6 years ago

I need to get some of those boom lights they are using. Those look super helpful.

2 weeks later
#1265 6 years ago

I wish I knew what the hell was going on in this thread. All I can see is "ignored user post" throughout. Ha! Keeping fighting the good fight Mike.

"At the end of life we will not be judged by how many diplomas we have received, how much money we have made, how many great things we have done. We will be judged by I was hungry, and you gave me something to eat, I was naked and you clothed me. I was homeless, and you took me in."

#1283 6 years ago
Quoted from kirkgun:

The dude just lost 99% of his possible sales, everywhere. Shut it down, dude. You failed.

Where did you get this stat?

#1396 6 years ago

I get a 404 error.

#1409 6 years ago

Playfield looks pretty dark, but I'm liking how much stuff is jammed under the glass.

1 week later
#1618 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I just want an attribution for our team that made this boardset and code possible. Mike can either fess up now or after someone inevitably dumps the A/V I2C EEPROM and finds them near identical - his choice!
Mike used:
Board design and processor configuration (obvious from the board photos I posted above)
Audio/video kernel code (obvious from how scores and text is drawn)
Basic AMH framework and menu system code (obvious from how menu system is lifted from AMH)
Oh and there's also this:

Ben get off of Pinside and shoot the next video for the mini pinball build with Element 14! Eagerly and impatiently waiting.

#1640 6 years ago

Maybe instead of updating the board and having to mail it away for a new one Mike will take the DLC route and just charge a set fee to ship you a new board. I know this is not ideal. I really don't want pinball to go the route of Sony and Microsoft with DLC.

In the Head2Head podcast Mike stated that he stuck with boards because they were proven. I believe he said something along the lines of, let's set were PC base pinball machines are 20 years from now with an air or they will be obsolete or non-functional. When I heard that on the podcast I thought to myself, "Uh... 20 years from now ever board in a pinball machine will be non-existant. We already have PCs on USB drives so maybe those Linux chips will be obsolete, but they'll be easily replaced with something even smaller and faster. Look at MAME as a prime example of how technology has advanced."

#1642 6 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

the prevalence of solid state pinballs with 40+ year old boards suggests this thought is flawed.

When I thought it, I had newer games in mind, games that run off PCs now, not SS games.

#1854 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Even in my most arrogant rants I don't think I've ever told a whole country to fuck off.

This might be the best damn thing I've ever read on Pinside. My hat is off to you sir.

This thread is such a disappointment. I really wanted to cheer Mike on, but things turned dark quickly. I'm in Canada so, there has been plenty of USA bashing especially now that Trump is in office, but to say it the way Mike said it just turns my stomach. Canada is often referred to the Americas by other parts of the world so I can't help but feel anger towards his attitude to the USA and up here too.

#1897 6 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

What a shitty thing to say. Seriously get some common decency FFS.

As shitty as it is to say, it's true. I thought the very same thing. Once Mike starts losing the argument or feels it getting out of his grasp he throws in a comment about his wife passing. How many times did he say he's busy dealing with the passing of his wife? Meanwhile he's sitting on AA replying to every post? C'mon...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fifty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress?tu=fifty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.