Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #29 Images of flipper coils being assembled in the Homepin factory. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #31 Images of prototype Thunderbirds mechs. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #46 MPU Testing: Image and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #47 Pinball Cab CNC Tests: Images and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #61 Fliipper Coil pictorial Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #122 Delivery trucks being loaded in China Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #130 Factory tour video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #131 Flipper links & other assembly parts Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #142 The plastic used for flipper links Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #153 Flipper buttons Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#178 7 years ago

Narrow coin door seems like an awful idea.

Have an issue with your bill validator? Raise the PF!
Coin slot jams? No more coins!
Want to take a peek inside the machine? Good luck seeing squat through that narrow door!

4 years later
#4351 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Say what you will about Mike and his approach to making games.
I admire his dedication to making repro parts.
Most recently classic Bally transformers and drivers.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I dont even see that for sale anywhere. Wanted to compare it with others.

#4353 3 years ago

Force you are using it as a temporary fix. Too many people use it as a permanent one. Too many people offer it up whenever someone has a 5v issue. No diagnoses, just slap it in and forget about it.

#4359 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

And no harm in doing that either. There is no trophy for defending the antiquated and low tolerant 5v design when modern components can do the job more reliably. It’s a simple bypass for a fragile design.
Who gets a hard on for an opportunity to pull a wpc driver board out of the cabinet for a repair?

People who actual learn how to work on machines instead of someone who throws money at the hobby and remains ignorant. The more popular this hobby has become the more we get of the later instead of the former.

It is a hack. The original boards are not even hard to fix. Being that pulling a driver board from a wpc is a drag for you says enough so let's leave it here.

#4362 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I bet you must really get wound up when you see all those replacement segment displays instead of people getting smart and just fixing the old ones! The nerve of those people! And LEDs? It's the end of the world!
Can we go back to the days of RGP arguing over if clear coating playfields ruins the game? I prefer the spot in time when people thought Tom's mods for TZ were the devil incarnate.

It's only a hack to those too stubborn to actually look at what it does. The engineers appreciate the simple elegance of the solution.
And yes, the WPC driver board is a pita... Too many screws, so many aging IDC connectors, and takes up alot of space on the bench. Snap-caps are always a risk too just due to the physical forces involved and 25+yr old through-hole boards.
But thank you for carrying the torch so the rest of us can stay on the couch.
Either way - it's a dick move for Homepin to knock off the product. Rob addressed a real issue in the hobby with a GOOD product and is part of the hobby himself. To have another insider go and knock it off is a DICK MOVE.

A knock off of a hack that shouldn't exist in the first place. I see it the same as people who solder wires to the gi plug because they dont know how to use a desoldering gun.

As for led displays, oh boy, guess what I was doing last night? Building a set of wolfpac's, which are excellent by the way. Also have two Bally Fa boards sitting on my desk needing the fpga's programmed. Don't mistake my hatred of a hack as being anti-technology. I love technology. I love all the new options people are coming up with. For example, did you know geeteoh has a replacement for the S&T sound board? It doesn't use the original chips and is playing wav files but also means it can be made on demand.

What I hate are people too lazy to learn how to fix their shit. You wanna be lazy and throw a hack in? Fine, I just don't want to buy such crap off you and if I am buying a game with that I won't be paying what I would for one that doesn't have it. That garbage is a big red flag to me saying "Owners can't maintain their games, expect other hacks"

You see this as some amazing solution to a bad design. I see it as someone too lazy to work on their own equipment. Saying the board has too many screws is all you needed to say. We won't agree and just move on. This has jack all to do with new technology, clearcoats, mods, or anything else.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress?tu=dung and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.