Topic Stats

• 4,054 posts
  • 391 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 days ago by Vintage2
  • Topic is favorited by 168 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 753 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kung Fu Panda (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).PNG
59FF4170-B1EA-4724-9123-195B90D84BC5 (resized).png
letsmakeadeal (resized).jpg
truth (resized).jpg
screen-capture-8 (resized).png
rampage (resized).jpg
59546319_448232989282183_8360119207047725056_n (resized).jpg
IMG_2927 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 7.47.02 pm.png
59546319_448232989282183_8360119207047725056_n (resized).jpg
99D1AA11-1443-414C-A49B-3B3177C76184 (resized).jpeg
59363232_447010972713392_259249182378819584_n (resized).jpg
2102F2C3-3B12-4112-AEFE-6F8EFFF1B965 (resized).jpeg
868710A0-56BB-496C-BEDA-7BA0D66E4FB6 (resized).jpeg
dial2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #29 Images of flipper coils being assembled in the Homepin factory. Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #31 Images of prototype Thunderbirds mechs. Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #46 MPU Testing: Image and Video Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #47 Pinball Cab CNC Tests: Images and Video Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #61 Fliipper Coil pictorial Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #122 Delivery trucks being loaded in China Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #130 Factory tour video Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #131 Flipper links & other assembly parts Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #142 The plastic used for flipper links Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #153 Flipper buttons Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #162 Coin door Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #188 Power supply Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #196 Rubbers Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #607 Final Artwork approved and being applied in test sizes Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #1020 Thunderbirds official flyer Posted by musketd (2 years ago)

Post #1103 Thunderbirds: First look under the playfield Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blue95.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 2 years ago

Can't wait to see the progress

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

It would be interesting to see a sneak peek of Thunderbirds. Is it going to be a DMD game?

The display cabinet at Pinfest had a colour LED display, similar size to a regular DMD

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

I would be interested in knowing more about the old Hankin pinball games.

There was an Empire Strikes Back and Orbit 1 alongside each other at the recent Newcastle Pinfest, I got a few photos.

DSC_0976 (resized).JPG

DSC_0382 (resized).JPG

DSC_0496 (resized).JPG

DSC_0978 (resized).JPG

DSC_0979 (resized).JPG

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Fantastic. They look to be in great condition.

They are, the owner Trevor has all 5 Hankins that he is in the process of restoring.

1 week later
#45 2 years ago

Sid looks so impressed there

2 weeks later
#128 2 years ago

I like old mate at the end, turfing them in there from way back

#134 2 years ago

A very important addition, I've never had a lot of success with those squat ones

1 month later
#234 2 years ago

So that's what it looks like under those black globs

2 months later
#304 2 years ago

Do any arcades have those Chinese made bingo machines? I saw some in Cambodia a few years back.

#306 2 years ago

I found a picture, these had some sort of payout, but my Khmer was non existent to claim my credits back. Same with those fish shooting multiplayer tabletop arcade games.

150910_305949149526256_1584015574_n (resized).jpg

74328_305949242859580_1480778438_n (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#358 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Works here Mike! Love the way Brains mouth moves very retro! But the text appears to be moving to fast it's almost blurry/hard to read, maybe an upward typewriter kind of scroll or still blocks of the text being shown? just a little feedback as I realise you stated your animators are only playing around.

The blurriness would be from displaying it on an LCD screen

#360 2 years ago

The real machine will have an rgb dot matrix screen, not an lcd monitor like your computer

#400 2 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

We built this booth to the size we need for painting pinball cabinets. I can't think of any reason why we would want a larger one?

Rebirthing cars

1 month later
#506 2 years ago

I'm sure there might be some Fish Tales and White Water owners that would be interested in them

1 month later
#756 2 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

right now Mike is building a handful of proto types to put on location in China, i am not expecting him to post photos of these games
his next move is pinball expo in Newcastle, and a big reveal there. id expect a few pictures of a game being loaded in a container, but n9thing else until the expo

https://www.facebook.com/events/403030406762729/

1 month later
#935 2 years ago

Here's the Australian Stern pricing, Homepins price compares pretty good and you don't have the worry of servicability of the new machines
https://www.amdcoinop.com/pinball-machines

#961 2 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

The stainless steel case completely encases the spinning weights. There is no way anything can get near any moving parts as long as the covers are left bolted to the frame - hence the warning to NEVER operate the shaker with the covers removed.

Our Electric Road/Last Lap, Kress Electrix modified machine has had a Homepin shaker motor running in it for a few years now

1 month later
#1387 2 years ago

I'll have to see if we can get some sneaky previews on Friday night

#1417 2 years ago

There's some random Thunderbirds photo's in this album
https://www.facebook.com/pg/NewcastlePinballAssociation/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1319477

This link is the correct one, that last one is this year's line up
https://www.facebook.com/pg/NewcastlePinballAssociation/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1319498291512013

#1418 2 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Playfield looks pretty dark, but I'm liking how much stuff is jammed under the glass.

It's plenty bright enough in real life

#1515 2 years ago

The LED strip looks fine in real life and I don't mind the DMD as I never look at them, about 5 metres away was a WOZ and Hobbitt and I never looked at the television when i played them. Flashing targets are the only thing I look at.

#1533 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

also noticed on the mulitball on a few videos that the ball launch in the shooter lane had 2 balls struggling a few times - maybe the timing needs to be slowed down???

The switch in the shooter lane was playing up a bit, I believe it was part of the damage caused when the transport company dropped the machines. I think they swapped the switch out of the most damaged machine on Saturday night and got it running better.

#1575 2 years ago

l got to have a few games on it and it was ok, not the best game there, but not the worst either. I also played The Hobbit for the first time and for twice as much money, it's nowhere near twice as better.

11 months later
#2949 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Syd:

Anyone can have virtually anything made in China. Arcooda engineer and design high end products, of which VP, VR and combined multi platform gaming are just one component of what they manufacture.
Just because there’s no moving parts, doesn’t mean their product doesn’t undergo design, trial and rigorous testing.
I have little interest in VP personally but appreciate there are other platforms which draw peoples interest into pinball. For anyone who didn’t attend the seminar, it’s unwarrented to think they just slap a cabinet together in China and have it shipped over for sale to the local market.
There’s quite a bit of innovation going on in the VP scene and to discredit them as not being manufacturers is completely unfair and unwarrented.

I thought Steve's talk was the most interesting of the 3. Plus they don't just buy knock-off rubbish and sell here, all their IP is licenced and they design and engineer all their own products here in Newcastle.

1 week later
#2996 1 year ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

At least mike has produced a machine that flips. While it probably isn’t the greatest I’m still interested to play it due to the theme.
It’s been over 12 years now since your remake debacle-and unless I’m mistaken you never even produced a single game. As of only a couple years ago you still claimed to be “working on it.”
Communication with your customers during the process was far from exemplary.
The fact that you continually stir the pot in this thread is downright hilarious !

I sometimes wonder if this is where some of his hate for Homepin comes from?

#3019 1 year ago
Quoted from railways:

Thanks Wayne for the kind words. We look at our trinkets as a hobby within a hobby and enjoy helping people out with odd little bits if possible.

Everyone with a Gottlieb System 3 needs to get a set of fresh rails from Jeff

#3042 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:but at pinfest you were overheard saying you need another 1.5 million to get another factory and more staff, and only had parts for 50 games, and once returned to china you would need to order more.

Overheard? These things were openly discussed by Mike from Homepin at his seminar at Pinfest.

#3043 1 year ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Every bit of your post is incorrect, misleading, 100% out of context or just plain WRONG!
No wonder ALL manufacturers avoid public forums - it just doesn't go anywhere.

The bit about things being 'overheard' is definitely misleading

#3066 1 year ago

Thing with TV's are they are a moving target software wise. New and different peripheral products, broadcast standard changes and third party apps come along and cause issues

2 weeks later
#3092 12 months ago

Saw this on Facebook today, looks like the ramp is being upgraded https://www.facebook.com/homepin.factory/videos/1101358540030898/

2 weeks later
#3133 11 months ago
Quoted from Retropin:

Just to be clear for all involved in this.. when you say " additional 12 months warranty"... is this in addition to the 12 months warranty that is Australian law, so 24 months?
Or.. is this a rewording of what is the minimum requirement for products sold in Australia?

There is no 'minimum' warranty in Australia, with Australian Consumer Law we fix products at work that are outside the 12 month period on the manufacturers documents

3 weeks later
#3286 10 months ago
Quoted from jwilson:

You really need to feel them to understand why they’re so disturbing to use.
They feel like you’re putting you finger in someone’s bellybutton.

I didn't think they were that bad when I was playing Airplane at Pinfest

1 month later
#3459 8 months ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

This is probably the most taboo game ever.

It still get's beaten by Predator, Alien, The Big Lebowski and all the Jpop games people paid for and never received

2 weeks later
#3510 8 months ago

Can't get off the shelf parts in China, actually you probably can now thanks to Homepin

#3525 8 months ago
Quoted from twitami:

For his show sample machine. Not new units.

Can't let the truth get in the way of a Thunderbirds thread

2 months later
#3837 5 months ago
Quoted from swinks:

informative review, and glad to see I was not the only person that thought those buttons were crap but like Mike stated if you don't like them, change them
[quoted image]

I played Airplane a stack of times at Pinfest and didn't think at any stage that the button shape was a worry.

#3873 5 months ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

It's about time someone makes an ice cold beer clone. Great idea, hope it sells well.

We bought a Stern Stars off a guy that had one, it is rather addictive, keen to try one of these.

#3899 5 months ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

that price would put it in the early 80s but i have to agree, - that was indeed a good space

You can't get an old one for that much, so I doubt a new one would be cheaper

1 week later
#3917 5 months ago
Quoted from eckelpeckel:

amazing.. making pinball is hard but how is it possible to fail so hard making an "ice cold beer" clone???
absolutley zero effort

How has it failed?

#3932 5 months ago
Quoted from jardine:

Sorry...but I'll say it!!
Why in hell would anyone..especially Australians, want to support such a person!!! I don't care if he brings out my all time favourite arcade game, pinball, blow up doll!! I won't support him and his ventures!!
The way he has acted and spoken to the community, his racist remarks were nothing short of disgraceful...how quickly some of you forget and seem to want to forgive!! Amazed!!
He has built other cocktail cabinets in the past, as well as lowboys and gee let me think...who now handles these products in Australia?? No one! Wonder why? Would it be because of support, or quality, or customer service???
...but yet here we are....getting a sniff of a sh!t looking product and we can't wait to play it....no thanks!!!

Not sure about the support or customer service, but the Hankin cocktail cabs were really well built

#3976 5 months ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

I would rebadge it with a Beer Brand and sell them to all the pubs

It was either Sid or Mike that mentioned the same idea when they were looking into this a few years back.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Machine - For Sale
Tampa, FL
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
$ 70.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Pinball Vault
$ 199.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 199.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blue95.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside