Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #29 Images of flipper coils being assembled in the Homepin factory. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #31 Images of prototype Thunderbirds mechs. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #46 MPU Testing: Image and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #47 Pinball Cab CNC Tests: Images and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #61 Fliipper Coil pictorial Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #122 Delivery trucks being loaded in China Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #130 Factory tour video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #131 Flipper links & other assembly parts Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #142 The plastic used for flipper links Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #153 Flipper buttons Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SadSack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1630 6 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

No one will be upgrading the firmware if its a complete board swap. Is it a little daughter board swap? Or literally the whole controller board?

Just another clusterfuk to be dealt with never. There are so many things wrong with this project...

#1713 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Hmmm...The same people who designed Gottlieb System 1 boards.

Maybe konjurer can find us a cache of spider chips...

#1715 6 years ago

If Ben is smart (like I know he is), he'll just wait until the market is flooded with Chinese pinball machines and then sue for an appropriate settlement. I think a good lawyer could really extort a favorable agreement for the wronged party.

#1784 6 years ago

It's pretty obvious that Mike doesn't want to sell to pinsiders. Any of you anxious to plunk your pre-payments down deserve whatever you get, good or bad.

#1810 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Isn't that exactly what I eluded to in the next line of my post?

I didn't notice if you got away, but it does seem that's what you alluded to.

j/k grammar policing..

1 week later
#1962 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Calling China a communist country is quite a stretch these days.

How about calling it a slave mill? I guess communist is a bad description. More like totalitarian kleptocracy?

1 month later
#2030 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Have you got a machine on order or are you just another pathetic excuse trying to cause trouble by putting in his useless 2 cents?

I think he's just a guy who's pointing out the obvious to those who may still be living in a delusion of confusion.

#2040 6 years ago

Slavers have tons of money. Communist slavers have even more. I'm sure Stern games will sell fine there. I'm just wondering how long before the pipeline fills with counterfeits. I see this in the longer term as a coming IP battle Stern may not survive.

11 months later
#3129 5 years ago

My Lord, I've been off pinside for nearly 6 months and I can't believe this is still a thing... I'm embarrassed for Homepin.

1 week later
#3233 5 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

if they was contracted to build a part to a detailed schematic / drawing but delivered a product not matching this cant you ask them to take them back and fix the issue?
sounds like they made the mistake so should fix it at there expensive not yours!

Yeah, just wait. As soon as homepin cranks it up and goes from 20 to 75+ employees, the Chinese local officials will come in and make him an offer he can't refuse if the orders are ramping up. If the demand is lame, they'll just squeeze the lemon dry. They are "partners" after all. Dance with the devil...

#3242 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

.. And to clarify the business structure I have in China - Homepin China is called a "WOFE". It is legally structured as a "Wholly Owned Foreign Enterprise". Meaning I have NO Chinese partner person or business. Homepin Hong Kong is a limited liability company with me as the sole director. Again, NO Chinese partner.

Thanks for your response and honesty. My point is simply that I don't believe you can have honest contract law with commies. And that partner you 'don't have' doesn't need your permission. Local 'officials' are your partners whether you know it or not. That's just how they roll.

A bigger question for you, Mike, is how they are going to calculate your social score by 2020 so they can decide if you are a 'good' person and all the ramifications that come with that.

Mike, this is a genuine invitation. Please consider rejecting all your constraints of being not only a royal subject, but also a Chinese busy beaver subordinate partner and come to the USA! We don't go for others bossing us around quite as much and we swear fealty to no crown and we certainly don't let "local officials" join our growing companies.

Mike, you were born a subject of the crown and you chose to get in bed with communists. Now I invite you to overcome these problems, choose freedom and move your entire operation to the USA!
foam-finger1 (resized).jpgfoam-finger1 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#3348 5 years ago

This is just rich. I didn't realize there were so many pinsiders asking for PM support for their broken machines. It's like 5 pinsiders got their machines and Mike's already tuckered out on the support and headed for the hideout. Rotten code not ready for primetime? STFU, it's not for tourney's! Then he posts a hottie pic to deflect from button complaints. Real progressive. It's true, Mike said he didn't want to sell to the US. I got the message.

Quoted from Homepin:...
I won't be able to help via PM here any longer so anyone wanting repair assistance please use the correct channels. First approach your seller agent. If you feel you are not getting the answers you want then contact us at:
[email protected]

10 months later
#4069 4 years ago

Because the Chinese like frivolous and expensive dalliances just as much as westerners?

2 months later
#4155 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

and philosophical poo poetry now. pinball people really are special.

Ignore the ankle-biters. They are really insignificant.

3 weeks later
#4237 4 years ago
Quoted from Mercifull:

....If you do ANY business at all in China or rely on anything being produced there then you're going to find your supply chain affected pretty badly. Expect serious disruption for probably another month at least!
From what I can gather Mike ain't happy with the situation at all and is losing faith with manufacturing in China... could we see a move back to building in Aus? Or at least somewhere else like Taiwan, South Korea or India... or perhaps the Red Brick Building in Glastonbury, England like I posted above haha?

A similar outcome should be expected whenever you jump in the sack with commie dictators. Do you expect them not to lie when it is their entire culture? Maybe keeping control of your own production processes isn't as "wasteful" as argued.

#4271 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

nope pete sorry to disappoint you but he dodged the bullet.. had already moved when it got bad
https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/drive/coronavirus:-when-will-we-return-to-business-as-usual/11959760

His supply chain is borked, so he might not be sunk, but he has a long uphill to be "normal".

p.s. I'm on Doug's side and I can't stand Mike.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SadSack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress?tu=SadSack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.