Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #29 Images of flipper coils being assembled in the Homepin factory. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #31 Images of prototype Thunderbirds mechs. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #46 MPU Testing: Image and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #47 Pinball Cab CNC Tests: Images and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #61 Fliipper Coil pictorial Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #122 Delivery trucks being loaded in China Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #130 Factory tour video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #131 Flipper links & other assembly parts Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #142 The plastic used for flipper links Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #153 Flipper buttons Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mercifull.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4066 4 years ago

First (I think) image of the new Homepin machine aimed "primarily" but "not only" at the Chinese market.

Unsure if the title is actually 中国僵尸 / Zhōngguó jiāngshī (English translation: Chinese Zombies) or if it's just a description (see symbols on backglass, dmd and twice on the front) as there appears to be another, more central, logo that has been blurred out.

中国僵尸中国僵尸

2 months later
#4122 4 years ago

New images of the cabinet for "China Zombies". Still no view of the playfield yet which I'm told contains unique "mechanical toys" and a DMD display.

81781551_618896412215839_6759575124225032192_n (resized).jpg81781551_618896412215839_6759575124225032192_n (resized).jpg
#4134 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

But who doesn't like some garden variety cultural appropriation in their toys?

Is it cultural appropriation if it's designed by, built by and sold to that very culture?

#4161 4 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

You forgot the crappy plastic ramp!!
Haha!! That mistake would've cost him thousands of dollars from potential customers....seeing that quality....no coming back from that!

Wasn't the "crappy plastic ramp" replaced with a metal one fairly early on in the production? They sent out replacements to all owners and then new ones in the production process already came with it fitted https://www.homepin.com/kits/fit_new_ramp.pdf

1 week later
#4190 4 years ago

Probably not the best time to be releasing a machine to the Chinese market called China Zombies in the midst of a viral epidemic

#4199 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

ok fine . maybe one pic.
Ride The wave new cab
[quoted image]

I know you were reluctant to post teaser images for fear of backlash so please don't take this the wrong way... but it does look rather like the sort of thing found in my nan's house with that veneer haha.

#4200 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

If there were anyone here that could give a no bulls%t review of what is going on in China right now with the virus and Manufacturing it would be the Owner of Homepin. Shame really, difficult to insiders / locals honest opinion.
Sorry to hijack the thread, carry on.

I was sure I saw on Facebook that the factory would be closed for a week longer than expected because of the virus but it appears to have been deleted so I cannot link to it. The Homepin factory is located in Shenzhen province not Hubei but clearly the outbreak is having a significant effect on wider China than just ground zero.

#4212 4 years ago

New photo direct from the homepin factory....

Sadly it's just a photo of a Chinese security officer preventing anyone from going in to work. All non-essential factories (such as the Homepin factory) cannot reopen until at least midnight on the 9th Feb.
84584653_635900340515446_416112507699068928_o (resized).jpg84584653_635900340515446_416112507699068928_o (resized).jpg

#4217 4 years ago
Quoted from Fairground:

Looks like he’s selling raffle tickets

If it ends in a 0 or a 5 you win a bottle of water. Anything else you get coronavirus.

In all seriousness though this is pretty naff for Homepin. It's the law in China that they have to keep paying employees during this time even though they aren't able to go into work. Still rent to pay, still, bills to pay, but no income and no productivity.

#4224 4 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

That building looks as well maintained and as high quality as his products! Lol

This is a building local to me. It used to be a sheepskin factory in the 1800s

Now known as the Red Brick Building it's home to a bunch of community organisations and small startups. Looks fab on the inside now... but still looks like a derelict building on the outside haha.

inside (resized).jpginside (resized).jpgoutside (resized).jpgoutside (resized).jpg

#4226 4 years ago

Statement from Homepin re factory production and coronavirus.

The Chinese authorities are allowing factories to return work from next Monday (10th) provided they follow the following:

(1) Fill out a 'return to work' application form and submit it 5 days in advance (bearing in mind that today is a Friday and therefor only 1 working day before Monday)
(2) The factory must provide two face masks per day for each employee (bearing in mind that facemasks are like gold dust at the moment https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/02/shameless-outrage-china-coronavirus-outbreak-mask)
(3) The factory must provide alcohol-based hand wash and ensure all employees use it daily.
(4) The temperature of each employee will be recorded as they arrive for work each day and the results will be submitted to the govt on a weekly basis.
(5) If any employee in the factory tests positive for the virus the factory will be forced to shut for an indefinite period.

Obviously this is pretty crappy for Homepin but these same restrictions are across most of China. If you do ANY business at all in China or rely on anything being produced there then you're going to find your supply chain affected pretty badly. Expect serious disruption for probably another month at least!

From what I can gather Mike ain't happy with the situation at all and is losing faith with manufacturing in China... could we see a move back to building in Aus? Or at least somewhere else like Taiwan, South Korea or India... or perhaps the Red Brick Building in Glastonbury, England like I posted above haha?

#4260 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

nope pete sorry to disappoint you but he dodged the bullet.. had already moved when it got bad
https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/drive/coronavirus:-when-will-we-return-to-business-as-usual/11959760

Regardless of peoples thoughts about Homepin, and Mike in particular, this interview is an interesting insight into the impacts of covid19 on manufacturing in China.

For those who can't be arsed or are unable to listen:
- The factory in China is potentially closed until early March at the earliest.
- Authorities prioritising factory inspections with >500 employees.
- No rent relief during the downtime.
- Salaries still have to be paid to staff even though they aren't working.
- Effectively manufacturing, or at least significant parts of the supply chain pretty much moving to Taiwan.

#4261 4 years ago

Just in the last half an hour, Mike has posted this photo of the new factory location in Taiwan.

taiwanmike (resized).jpgtaiwanmike (resized).jpg
#4263 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

And what has happened to his loyal staff in China? They moved to Taiwan as well?

They remain on the payroll I guess until such time as the factory in china closes. At the moment during the virus outbreak staff are being paid to stay at home.

#4266 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

So the Chinese Zombies game is now going to have to be imported into China? Isn’t that a pretty big PITA?

Not really. The EFCA reduces pretty much all the tariffs, fees and importing issues around goods between China and Taiwan. China is a big country I doubt it'll make a huge difference to shipping costs in the grand scheme of things, but it is a bit ironic that a pinball machine specifically aimed at the Chinese market, is no longer being manufactured there. But needs must I guess. Any additional issues arising from importing into China from Taiwan is probably offset by it being slightly easier to go from Taiwan to ROW because of closer proximity to ports.

#4269 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

And maybe the internet isn’t always on lockdown. I’m still curious about the ICB clone arcade game. There was a picture of the cabinet for that recently but not much else that I’ve seen.

Two weeks ago Mike said this regarding Ride The Wave (the Ice Cold Beer clone) in response to a query about UK distributors:

"As can be seen the machine is still in the design and refine phase. We don't have a fully finished and polished unit ready for final production and therefore don't have anyone at this stage in the UK for distribution. We do have several working prototypes but they are all being collated into the finished machine. Once final product is being built we will then seek out a suitable agent and advise people. The purpose of showing things here is so people can see in advance what we are working on."

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mercifull.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress?tu=Mercifull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.